News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
When a family member spent almost a week in the hospital, I did not see one staff member or patient wear an N95 mask. All including me visiting wore surgical masks. I just thought that to be odd.

From what doctor friends have told me, they mainly ony use N95 masks when treating confirmed/suspected N95 cases. However, when we were there, about half of the doctors we saw had them all the time.

Dizziman

Not so fast...remember, those who are unvaccinated are required to wear at mask at Disney. But, the unvaccinated would NEVER break the rules, right...? SO unmasked does not necessarily = "following policy"
I didn't read the rest of this thread, but as has been pointed out earlier, this is not exactly the case. Disney World doesn't "require" unvaxed to be masked. Rather, they "expect" it. This is an important distinction because Disneyland uses the "required" language for masks for indoor settings for the unvaxed. If the mask policies for the unvaxed were the same for both parks, they would have the same language.

Here's how Disney World phrases their current mask policy:
"Face coverings are optional for fully vaccinated Guests in both outdoor and indoor locations. We expect Guests who are not fully vaccinated to continue wearing face coverings in all indoor locations, including indoor attractions and theaters. Face coverings are still required by all Guests (ages 2 and up) on Disney buses and monorails."

ToTBellHop

I didn't read the rest of this thread, but as has been pointed out earlier, this is not exactly the case. Disney World doesn't "require" unvaxed to be masked. Rather, they "expect" it. This is an important distinction because Disneyland uses the "required" language for masks for indoor settings for the unvaxed. If the mask policies for the unvaxed were the same for both parks, they would have the same language.

"Face coverings are optional for fully vaccinated Guests in both outdoor and indoor locations. We expect Guests who are not fully vaccinated to continue wearing face coverings in all indoor locations, including indoor attractions and theaters. Face coverings are still required by all Guests (ages 2 and up) on Disney buses and monorails."
My kids expect me not to eat their Halloween candy when they are in school.

We know how that goes.

Not my fault all of the Reese’s cups have needles in them.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member

My parents expected me to eat all of my broccoli when I was a kid.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It snowed here today..... jokes about weather on April fools day when it's true sucks. I almost get my mask out today because of it 🤣
Sucker.
7BEFB17A-578C-4F0F-A7A0-89677839BE95.jpeg

Tom P.

Please stop bringing politics into this. And insulting another poster is not allowed.
Serious question, even though it might sound like a joke: What about insulting someone who is not a poster? Does the policy here allow personal insults against politicians, business people, entertainment figures, etc.?

correcaminos

Struck down by NYS superior court. But the Mayor says he will appeal. On what grounds? Who knows!
I read he was worried about the spike.... it's a blip up but not a spike. I get it could surge but I don't see that in any numbers really. If you look at it from the 30 day POV it's almost nothing. Things will come and go - but they always were more conservative.

Disney4Lyfe

I read he was worried about the spike.... it's a blip up but not a spike. I get it could surge but I don't see that in any numbers really. If you look at it from the 30 day POV it's almost nothing. Things will come and go - but they always were more conservative.
Helen. Only toddlers are being forced to mask. Literally. Toddlers only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom