News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

None at all.
I was on buses where some people had masks on, and others didn't - and no one gave anyone else any grief.
Matter of fact, on my bus rides I/we boarded wearing masks, but took them off after a while of looking around the bus and seeing others not wearing them.
I'm happy to say that despite some very heavy crowds, and some waits for rides up to 90 minutes - I didn't see any guest conflicts at all, nor anyone giving cast members a hard time.
Oh, and our stay was seven days long.
I would say I saw zero issues the week before as well. You wore them or you don't. Outside of CMs either reminding or not, no one cared. I didn't see anyone giving CMs a hard time either - closest I saw with vlogger guy, but he stood out to us for other reasons honestly (like he was looking for attention for his vlog or something). Kid didn't remember his name either and a quick google showed no one familiar to me so.... maybe he's trying too hard LOL

I actually have to say for spring break, it was very calm as a whole. Even when a guy stopped directly in front of me on a walkway, causing me to stop and in return, my kid next to me - which caused him to be rammed by a stroller and my poor foot was the biggest casualty of it all being tromped on by my kid's - we were all pretty cool about it all. All being polite and apologetic. Obviously, we didn't mean to stop nor did they mean to ram us. Causer of the pile up didn't even notice 🤣 It was almost weirdly calm for how crazy spring break usually is. Maybe everyone was just happy to be out and that the rain stayed away as much as it did!

Incomudro

Glad to hear that. Sometimes, reading things here, or on Twitter, or what have you, you'd get the impression that places are just constant arguments and fistfights over masks. Glad to hear that in the real world, people are actually getting along, minding their own business, and having a good time.
Yes, I had some trepidation going in - it had been 5 years, my son's are now 20 years old - and I knew we'd all see things from a different perspective from before.
I quickly forgot all about that in the parks and on transportation and didn't have my NYC honed guard up at all.
It was mostly very civilized and very nice.
Some groups of loud teens occasionally, and the occasional family that made a cel phone call from a ride queue and invited the rest of their family to line jump their way in to join them.
But aside from that, nothing.

Incomudro

I would say I saw zero issues the week before as well. You wore them or you don't. Outside of CMs either reminding or not, no one cared. I didn't see anyone giving CMs a hard time either - closest I saw with vlogger guy, but he stood out to us for other reasons honestly (like he was looking for attention for his vlog or something). Kid didn't remember his name either and a quick google showed no one familiar to me so.... maybe he's trying too hard LOL

I actually have to say for spring break, it was very calm as a whole. Even when a guy stopped directly in front of me on a walkway, causing me to stop and in return, my kid next to me - which caused him to be rammed by a stroller and my poor foot was the biggest casualty of it all being tromped on by my kid's - we were all pretty cool about it all. All being polite and apologetic. Obviously, we didn't mean to stop nor did they mean to ram us. Causer of the pile up didn't even notice 🤣 It was almost weirdly calm for how crazy spring break usually is. Maybe everyone was just happy to be out and that the rain stayed away as much as it did!
Those were my observations exactly.

correcaminos

Those were my observations exactly.
Question - did you find the CMs to be quite friendly as a whole? I had a couple duds last fall, but it seemed this time there were more who really just appear at least to enjoy being there and doing their job. Not sure if that's the college kids being back or people just feeling more relaxed or...?

TehPuddingMan

Question - did you find the CMs to be quite friendly as a whole? I had a couple duds last fall, but it seemed this time there were more who really just appear at least to enjoy being there and doing their job. Not sure if that's the college kids being back or people just feeling more relaxed or...?
I was there last Friday and every cast member I came in contact with was friendly and seemed to be enjoying their job. Not only that, I would say most guests were friendly too. We shared a gondola with various other groups throughout our stay and had nice conversations.

correcaminos

I was there last Friday and every cast member I came in contact with was friendly and seemed to be enjoying their job. Not only that, I would say most guests were friendly too. We shared a gondola with various other groups throughout our stay and had nice conversations.
Awesome! We didn't do the skyliner this time and spent majority of our time on monorails with where we were. We had a lot of great conversations too. Most were like us, mom with a kid on break, but it seemed far more were chatty than usual. As much as I'm grumping about some Disney things, some are just as good if not better.

GimpYancIent

Aside from the fact themed masks became another category of items of Disney merchandise the benefits mandatory wear while at the parks is debatable. Now the masks will be collector items, memorabilia, more valuable in original packaging.

correcaminos

Aside from the fact themed masks became another category of items of Disney merchandise the benefits mandatory wear while at the parks is debatable. Now the masks will be collector items, memorabilia, more valuable in original packaging.
Nah I kept my really nice cloth masks for the cold. Seriously better than scarves or balaclavas. They are with my gloves and hats. I donated my scarves. Almost got one out today with a hat. I still hang onto surgical style and such for flights and Disney.

Incomudro

Many of them were very good, and some were duds.
I didn't really notice a difference either way from previous trips.

Tom P.

That's what we're doing

Buying Honeywell N95s in boxes of 50.
Sounds like you're not reusing N95's, so kudos to you for doing it right. I can't count the number of people who want N95 protection, but then wear the same one day after day, rendering it pointless.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Sounds like you're not reusing N95's, so kudos to you for doing it right. I can't count the number of people who want N95 protection, but then wear the same one day after day, rendering it pointless.
From what I've read, they have a 40 hour usable life. So while they don't use them day after day, we do stagger their use, and swap them out twice a week - more frequently if we had to go to medical facilities or fly.

When we spent a week at the hospital recently, we went through 34 masks for the two of us.

ThemeParkJunkee

We have changed all of our vacation plans for 2022. Masks is only part of it but we will wait. We will spend November in Florida but Disney is unlikely to be part of it. I have over $1000 of Disney points I'm not sure what to do with.

Tom P.

We have changed all of our vacation plans for 2022. Masks is only part of it but we will wait. We will spend November in Florida but Disney is unlikely to be part of it. I have over $1000 of Disney points I'm not sure what to do with.
If you're looking for someone to just give them away to, I can send you my info. ;)

EricsBiscuit

That's a cop out. There are policies in some places where unvaccinated should wear a mask but " to do what you feel is best " doesn't cut it and is reckless and irresponsible. It is purely an assumption that others are the enemy.
I’m not vaccinated and I almost never wear a mask. Basically never since I stopped wearing it on the monorail. And I honestly don’t care what other people think about it.

Lilofan

From what I've read, they have a 40 hour usable life. So while they don't use them day after day, we do stagger their use, and swap them out twice a week - more frequently if we had to go to medical facilities or fly.

When we spent a week at the hospital recently, we went through 34 masks for the two of us.
When a family member spent almost a week in the hospital, I did not see one staff member or patient wear an N95 mask. All including me visiting wore surgical masks. I just thought that to be odd.

DisneyCane

When a family member spent almost a week in the hospital, I did not see one staff member or patient wear an N95 mask. All including me visiting wore surgical masks. I just thought that to be odd.
At the hospital where my wife works (or even the places she sometimes does extra shifts) the staff only wears N95 if they are treating a patient who tested positive for COVID. Perhaps the practices in hospitals says something about the necessity of walking around WDW wearing an N95?

If you are a very high risk person who either can't be vaccinated or is immunocompromised I can understand it but for the average guest, if you are that concerned you probably should just not go to WDW for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom