News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That is what I would say too based on this thread and the covid thread. If they were anti-mask and deniers, those posts which were seen as pro-mask would be deleted. I've seen specific posts of anti-maskers deleted here.
Yeah. My crap gets deleted all the time when I go off topic. Usually whenever i post in here thinking im in the general Covid thread. 😂

correcaminos

Yeah. My crap gets deleted all the time when I go off topic. Usually whenever i post in here thinking im in the general Covid thread. 😂
We'll totally be deleted now, but yes, same! There are rare times I've posted here and deleted as soon as I realized where I was. Other times (most of the time) I get deleted by them. Appreciate the work they do!

Tom P.

Well, that’s not even remotely true. @The Mom and @wdwmagic do a great job of trying to keep this place civil and balanced. There have been entire pages of this thread that have been deleted because of misinformation.
I'm an anti-masker and I assure you that my posts have not found favor here. 😂 I think @The Mom and @wdwmagic have done a remarkable job of keeping things in line over the past two years.

Bastet

Does the mask mandate for transport cover flights to the US on non US airlines?
Also hoping testing is dropped for international guests soon

JohnD

They had masks at all monorail stations too this week. So if you forgot or lost or whatever you'd still be fine. No way even if an insider knew the matrix if there is one that they'd share. My guess is there is none.

Outside almost all were not masked. I did see some who were. Some even double masked. Indoors it totally varied. Sometimes it was like 1% but oddly at Soarin' I saw nearly 25% masked in line. I also saw more than once kids masked where parents didn't.

Enforcement on masks totally varied. We took the bus only to AK and back and that driver was handing them out. So all masked. Going there was nearly empty though so hard to say since the two groups on were masked. Monorails were mostly enforced but one ride they did not. Being at Polynesian and doing a lot of Epcot, MK and resort hopping we rode a lot. There were times they walked by cars telling people to mask up and a few times a very loud announcement that was specific was done. It varied a lot though. We do follow rules and mask so not sure what was said to all.

I do think some CMs are tired of it though. Just like airlines seemed to be today. There are some CMs masking as well. I'm sure some required but saw a lot more elderly CMs masked too. It was nice going to MK and DHS without one though (drove to DHS). I'm seeing other signs of normalcy at Disney too (like ketchup at WCC) so those worrying I doubt we'll see step backs that quickly.

Don't count on the feds to relax anytime soon. It won't be long until there is another "variant" that we're supposed to be afraid, very afraid of. It's time to call this thing an endemic. It will always be around like the flu. There will be a COVID season like the flu.

correcaminos

Don't count on the feds to relax anytime soon. It won't be long until there is another "variant" that we're supposed to be afraid, very afraid of. It's time to call this thing an endemic. It will always be around like the flu. There will be a COVID season like the flu.
Maybe.... or it can turn into other coronaviruses. This line of thinking to prove why we don't need masks doesn't ever work on me. Do what you need when you do. I'm good with fluidity. I doubt our feds are doing what you claim though. There has been a huge shift globally even.

Chip Chipperson

Just curious, but based on the previous waves of this virus, what exactly would "COVID season" be since there have been waves at various times of year?

JohnD

Just curious, but based on the previous waves of this virus, what exactly would "COVID season" be since there have been waves at various times of year?

Not saying you wouldn't get it during the year but "COVID season" would be similar to flu season when the weather is colder and easier to spread the virus. Viruses are more easily spread in colder weather than hot weather.

ABQ

Not saying you wouldn't get it during the year but "COVID season" would be similar to flu season when the weather is colder and easier to spread the virus. Viruses are more easily spread in colder weather than hot weather.
Is it the temperature that allows the virus to thrive or the fact that during cold weather people are cooped up indoors and spread it to one another easier in confined spaces, vs summer when people are outdoors spread apart?

ToTBellHop

Is it the temperature that allows the virus to thrive or the fact that during cold weather people are cooped up indoors and spread it to one another easier in confined spaces, vs summer when people are outdoors spread apart?
The latter. Although drier air also has an impact on respiratory defenses. And air is drier in the winter for most.

Lilofan

Summer in Central and South FL for some locals I know enjoy more of AC than being outdoors. The humidity is brutal.

Chip Chipperson

Sure, except there have been case increases that occurred outside of that, which was my point. NJ saw increased cases in Summer 2021 that peaked in September with a 7-day average of over 2,300 cases per day and the US as a whole saw a wave around that time that peaked with a 7-day average over 169,000 cases per day, so why would we consider just cold weather months to be "COVID season?"

Angel Ariel

Except that hasn’t been universally true with covid. Delta’s spread was primarily during summer and fall, not winter. Even in areas of the country that are hot through fall. And delta, to date, is the strain with the most severe outcomes.

JohnD

Temp. The virus dies at higher temperatures. However, you do have a point about lockdowns. They only serve to spread not contain the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom