News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom P.

I can not fathom lock downs not happening and am glad they did. My loved one was in the overcrowded ER ( I was with her ) for 9 hours on a stretcher in a hallway before getting a room while the line to the ER stretched outside down the street in 100 degrees humidity last June. The over stressed hospital system would have been magnified.
Have you seen the studies that have showed definitively that lock downs had little to no effect on Covid? There is no data or evidence to support your contention that the hospital situation would have been worse without lock downs.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Assumption being your normal routine puts you in close indoor contact with a lot of people...

Delta was really bad for multifamily households. We know most of the spread from delta came from within the home, because that was what we gave it....I guess we can argue whether that was good or bad..

I think it's pretty safe to say that on average, people come into contact with more people during their normal routine then they do staying at home.

mattpeto

I think it's pretty safe to say that on average, people come into contact with more people during their normal routine then they do staying at home.
This is obviously true, but China seems to be getting the worst of it now. I'm just guessing that their "Covid-zero" stance had lockdowns and prevented the sort of immunity that I hope exists in the United States.

No expert here, I think every time we learn something, we have to unlearn what we thought previously. No shade thrown in any direction, pandemics aren't easy to traverse through.

correcaminos

Pssst this is a mask thread, not a lock down thread ;) Plus you want a sob story ask me about my aunt the last year of her life. Lock downs harmed us emotionally with that.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
What type of contact? Sustained indoor contact...close together? Or contact just in passing in an indoor, but wide open setting? Because it matters. There is a difference

Anyways, as I eluded to...Delta didn't give a crap and attacked what we gave them. Households with many generations living together were like kindling for it. That is how it got us. The data on this is clear.

TehPuddingMan

Any updates on the resort boats? The last time I asked masking requirements were spotty. I’m mainly interested in the boat from the Wilderness Lodge to MK.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Any updates on the resort boats? The last time I asked masking requirements were spotty. I’m mainly interested in the boat from the Wilderness Lodge to MK.
I saw a YouTube video that was done in the last few days. They rented a pontoon boat on Seven Seas and Bay lake. All the boats they passed including the one you mentioned had maybe 25 percent masks. I don't think they are required.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
@Touchdown I'm scared about the future of COVID-19 pandemic, you saying COVID is not over yet because new variants. After spring and summer, fall and winter will BE worse things to new variants to get WORSE than two years of never ending pandemic. Okay, whatever, this pandemic will go same as two years a row get it? Mask mandate will go off-on FOREVER! NOOOOOOO!!!

G00fyDad

@Touchdown I'm scared about the future of COVID-19 pandemic, you saying COVID is not over yet because new variants. After spring and summer, fall and winter will BE worse things to new variants to get WORSE than two years of never ending pandemic. Okay, whatever, this pandemic will go same as two years a row get it? Mask mandate will go off-on FOREVER! NOOOOOOO!!!

No. We will get to a point where it is seasonal and we treat it as we do the flu season. Masks will hopefully be a distant memory and a personal choice very soon.

correcaminos

No. We will get to a point where it is seasonal and we treat it as we do the flu season. Masks will hopefully be a distant memory and a personal choice very soon.
To add to the positive we have to remember that currently it is a choice in most parts of Disney too. I'm sure the last portion will be dropped sooner than later.

Last edited:

TehPuddingMan

I rode the Skyliner extensively yesterday and me and my friend were placed with other parties multiple times. I’m happy to report not a single person asked me to put on a mask. In fact, not a single group we were put with had masks on.

I did see Disney put a single masked rider in a gondola to herself. Perhaps Disney separates them?

Lilofan

I rode the Skyliner extensively yesterday and me and my friend were placed with other parties multiple times. I’m happy to report not a single person asked me to put on a mask. In fact, not a single group we were put with had masks on.

I did see Disney put a single masked rider in a gondola to herself. Perhaps Disney separates them?
Good for Disney. I would not want a fellow guests speweing germs and such into the direction of my face in close quarters.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Good for Disney. I would not want a fellow guests speweing germs and such into the direction of my face in close quarters.

The Biden administration will be giving elderly Americans a second COVID-19 booster shot, multiple people familiar with the plan told The New York Times.

Those above the age of 50 will be able to get a second booster of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines.

However, multiple issues complicate the plan as the administration has to calculate when the next COVID-19 wave could hit the U.S., sources told the Times. The administration will want to get the second booster to the elderly before another wave hits, but not too far before that protection could wane.

Other complications include how to explain the plan to the public and how long the second booster's protection will remain strong, the Times noted.

White House adviser Anthony Fauci said last week that COVID-19 cases could begin increasing in the coming weeks.

"I would not be surprised if in the next few weeks we see somewhat of either a flattening of our diminution or maybe even an increase," Fauci said on the ABC News podcast "Start Here."

However, it is unclear how dangerous this wave could be compared to past increases as the BA.2 variant begins to become the dominant strand in the U.S.

"It's got a transmission advantage over BA.1 which is the classic original Omicron, not a multi-fold advantage, but a percentage advantage which means that over time, it likely will be the dominant variant," the infectious disease expert told Fox News host Neil Cavuto.

The World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed Wednesday that the BA.2 subvariant, also called the "stealth Omicron," is leading the spread of the coronavirus variant worldwide. The subvariant now makes the majority of cases sequenced by experts.

When Fauci was asked, "should we worry about it?" he responded that BA.2 is already highly recognizable and that its characteristics need to be further examined to make that determination. But, he confirmed that BA.2 "does not appear to be any more serious when it comes to complications like the need for hospitalization."

"And it doesn't appear that it escapes immune protection any more or less than the original Omicron," he added.

"So the only distinguishing feature is that it's more transmissible, which is accounting for the spikes that we're seeing throughout the world, including in the European Union and the U.K.," he added.

Meanwhile, the technical lead for WHO's COVID response team, Maria Van Kerkhove, said during a press conference on Wednesday that "about 86 percent of the sequences that are available from the last four weeks are this BA.2 sublineage the rest are BA.1. So we are seeing an increasing proportion of BA.2 being detected."

Echoing Fauci's remarks, Kerkhove said that BA.2 is already spreading across the world.

"Omicron is a highly transmissible variant of concern. BA.2 is more transmissible than BA.1 and what we are starting to see in some regions of the world in some countries is an uptick in cases again," she added.

The assessment of BA.2 transmissibility and severity comes as COVID-related restrictions began relaxing nationwide in the United States. This week, New York City Mayor Eric Adams ended the city's vaccine mandate for athletes and performers. Earlier this month, the city lifted school mask mandates and proof of COVID vaccine requirements for some indoor settings.

COVID cases increased 7 percent worldwide during the period between March 14 and March 20 compared to the week before. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that the original BA.1 Omicron variant is still predominant in the U.S., but BA.2 is on the rise.

I'm worried on this and this fall and winter 2022-2023 soon as the wave will getting worse by each new variants as mask mandates will keep returning FOREVER. Is the pandemic will go ever longer for years?

Last edited:

Lilofan

The Biden administration will be giving elderly Americans a second COVID-19 booster shot, multiple people familiar with the plan told The New York Times.

Those above the age of 50 will be able to get a second booster of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines.

However, multiple issues complicate the plan as the administration has to calculate when the next COVID-19 wave could hit the U.S., sources told the Times. The administration will want to get the second booster to the elderly before another wave hits, but not too far before that protection could wane.

Other complications include how to explain the plan to the public and how long the second booster's protection will remain strong, the Times noted.

White House adviser Anthony Fauci said last week that COVID-19 cases could begin increasing in the coming weeks.

"I would not be surprised if in the next few weeks we see somewhat of either a flattening of our diminution or maybe even an increase," Fauci said on the ABC News podcast "Start Here."

However, it is unclear how dangerous this wave could be compared to past increases as the BA.2 variant begins to become the dominant strand in the U.S.

"It's got a transmission advantage over BA.1 which is the classic original Omicron, not a multi-fold advantage, but a percentage advantage which means that over time, it likely will be the dominant variant," the infectious disease expert told Fox News host Neil Cavuto.

The World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed Wednesday that the BA.2 subvariant, also called the "stealth Omicron," is leading the spread of the coronavirus variant worldwide. The subvariant now makes the majority of cases sequenced by experts.

When Fauci was asked, "should we worry about it?" he responded that BA.2 is already highly recognizable and that its characteristics need to be further examined to make that determination. But, he confirmed that BA.2 "does not appear to be any more serious when it comes to complications like the need for hospitalization."

"And it doesn't appear that it escapes immune protection any more or less than the original Omicron," he added.

"So the only distinguishing feature is that it's more transmissible, which is accounting for the spikes that we're seeing throughout the world, including in the European Union and the U.K.," he added.

Meanwhile, the technical lead for WHO's COVID response team, Maria Van Kerkhove, said during a press conference on Wednesday that "about 86 percent of the sequences that are available from the last four weeks are this BA.2 sublineage the rest are BA.1. So we are seeing an increasing proportion of BA.2 being detected."

Echoing Fauci's remarks, Kerkhove said that BA.2 is already spreading across the world.

"Omicron is a highly transmissible variant of concern. BA.2 is more transmissible than BA.1 and what we are starting to see in some regions of the world in some countries is an uptick in cases again," she added.

The assessment of BA.2 transmissibility and severity comes as COVID-related restrictions began relaxing nationwide in the United States. This week, New York City Mayor Eric Adams ended the city's vaccine mandate for athletes and performers. Earlier this month, the city lifted school mask mandates and proof of COVID vaccine requirements for some indoor settings.

COVID cases increased 7 percent worldwide during the period between March 14 and March 20 compared to the week before. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that the original BA.1 Omicron variant is still predominant in the U.S., but BA.2 is on the rise.

I'm worried on this and this fall and winter 2022-2023 soon as the wave will getting worse by each new variants as mask mandates will keep returning FOREVER. Is the pandemic will go ever longer for years?
Good to know, I'm looking forward to getting my 4th shot of Moderna but my recent second and final shot of the shingles vaccine gave me intense arm pain for two days. A lot better than getting shingles which two of my friends not vaccinated with the Shingrix vaccine and the FB pictures of their faces, reddish, blotches, bubbles, in pain recently tell the story.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Good to know, I'm looking forward to getting my 4th shot of Moderna but my recent second and final shot of the shingles vaccine gave me intense arm pain for two days. A lot better than getting shingles which two of my friends not vaccinated with the Shingrix vaccine and the FB pictures of their faces, reddish, blotches, bubbles, in pain recently tell the story.
What about this fall and winter 2022-2023. Is really gonna bad like last two years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom