News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

I have to disagree. I will be sitting in the front row of First Class. My air is much better than all of you in stewage in the back. :angelic:
That's why I fly SW, we're all the same peons when heading to Florida 🤣

Best trip ever was in HS for a band trip. We had 1st class upgrades (dad flew all the time) and watching the band go in the back while I was drinking whatever I had. Including the band director. Air is better up there. But with masks if doesn't matter 😜

JAB

Assuming flying economy, none of those activities require sitting in an uncomfortable, cramped seat while wearing a mask for long duration.
If you think school seats can't be cramped and uncomfortable, you've clearly never had to sit in one of these... 😏
1647017364728.png

Heelz2315

Guesses are just guesses. They know no more than us. Not everywhere had August spikes.

First not sll spikes lined up the same everywhere. But really, you see no changes at all from the beginning? Sorry but nothing in the history of this world leads me to believe it is never ending.

I wonder what the odds are I'll get my first week of July trip in at WDW mask free?

DisneyCane

Huh? I think you lost me on your point. What seat you are in doesn't affect mask comfort and breathability. In fact I'd argue if we can do all we did in our masks for same duration and be okay, then someone sitting still will be fine. I mean my masks at the 3-5 hour sitting in a hard plastic chair for trial work didn't really change.....
I was meaning that on an aircraft you are putting the mask discomfort on top of an already somewhat uncomfortable experience. Ever since the airlines started using the slimline seats to reduce the distance between rows while supposedly not reducing leg room, the seats are not very comfortable especially for long flights.

I have to disagree. I will be sitting in the front row of First Class. My air is much better than all of you in stewage in the back. :angelic:
I know you are joking but the air in the very first row is probably slightly better quality than the rows further back. The airflow in the cabin is generally ceiling to floor, front to back.

G00fyDad

That's why I fly SW, we're all the same peons when heading to Florida 🤣
Don't get me wrong, this is my very first First Class trip I have ever taken in my life and I have been flying since birth (father in the Air Force and we lived in Okinawa, Missouri, Texas, etc for a while). This is our last trip to Disney so I thought I'd splurge a bit. Plus my knees would never survive coach again. I am 6'4" and my knees are digging into the coach seats. If that person reclines then I am dying. We usually fly Southwest but I need more legroom and with all the fights popping off on SW and SW not having First Class seats I figured American Airlines would be best.

correcaminos

I was meaning that on an aircraft you are putting the mask discomfort on top of an already somewhat uncomfortable experience. Ever since the airlines started using the slimline seats to reduce the distance between rows while supposedly not reducing leg room, the seats are not very comfortable especially for long flights.

I know you are joking but the air in the very first row is probably slightly better quality than the rows further back. The airflow in the cabin is generally ceiling to floor, front to back.
Air cabin flow is ceiling to floor. Nothing with front to back. From Boeing

Your point makes no sense to me still though. I'm talking mask comfort. Me running around physically or my kid sitting all day in hard plastic chairs and singing should be good. Me sitting in a hard plastic chair waiting on things you have bad anxiety about is worse than a flight for me. But end result is mask comfort and breathability is most important which is what I'm talking about.

I wonder what the odds are I'll get my first week of July trip in at WDW mask free?
Everywhere will depend on the federal mandate. I think life would have to be really bad for Disney to bring back indoors. They removed during a pretty high point still. How bad covid overwhelms will be a deciding factor. July and masks indoors is not something I'd have on my radar as a concern.

DisneyCane

No bathroom breaks on a 6-hour flight? Gamble with your cash, not your bladder!
One of my goals in life is to not set foot in an airplane bathroom and I have been pretty successful. On my honeymoon I did ATL-HNL without one.

The secret is not to drink too much earlier in the day, visit the restroom in the terminal a few minutes before boarding, and wait to consume most liquids until 2 hours before landing.

The times that I have failed in my goal were when I had very tight connections and had to sprint through the airport so I didn't have time for a pit stop before the second leg.

DisneyCane

Air cabin flow is ceiling to floor. Nothing with front to back. From Boeing

I guess I should have used a little different wording. What I meant with the front to back part is that if people are using the vents in the row or two in front of you it will have some local airflow blowing back towards you.

correcaminos

I guess I should have used a little different wording. What I meant with the front to back part is that if people are using the vents in the row or two in front of you it will have some local airflow blowing back towards you.
You should look at the link and watch the video

Tom P.

Man I hope you’re right
Me too. It's all speculation, of course. But I stand by my initial assessment that this time is different. I think it will take a *major* change in the Covid situation, such as a new variant that evades vaccines, to bring mandatory masking back in most places. I don't think simply having another wave will do it this time.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Believe me, I have sat in those. However, at least back in my day, I didn't sit in it for 6 hours straight like I will be sitting in an economy seat flying to Vegas.
You gotta get up and walk around a few times. Any flight longer than 4 hours requires at least one stretch. You don’t have to use the bathroom but you should get up. Blood clots in the legs are a real issue and you don’t have to be old or in poor health.

DisneyCane

You gotta get up and walk around a few times. Any flight longer than 4 hours requires at least one stretch. You don’t have to use the bathroom but you should get up. Blood clots in the legs are a real issue and you don’t have to be old or in poor health.
That's really good advice. I will take it and start making sure to do it starting with this trip! I guess I never gave it much thought previously.

Lilofan

I give a lot of credit that can fly non stop to visit HKDL or Aulani wearing a mask. Only way I can leave my mask on is on 10 mg of Melatonin and wake me so I can see the green mountains and Diamond Head upon approach into Honolulu Int’l.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom