News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Seriously?? Can we expect this here?

Maybe a leveling off and slight increase due to BA2. A huge surge due to this specific variant is not being predicted...someone posted like 3 days ago that is makes up about 12% of current cases in the US.

1647027275928.png

DisneyCane

I won't pretend to know what will happen. All I can observe is that none of those countries got down to the pre-omicron level for whatever reason while the US did.

South Africa didn't either. There it seems like it was headed down like the US curve and then BA.2 hit and made the tail of the curve very long but it never had an increase.

Of course we can. Too many 'Muricans that refuse to do the right thing because some moron convinced that vaccines and masks are bad. We do not have enough people vaccinated to beat something like this back yet. It will spike here again.
Before spouting insults as the reasoning that it will spike here again, you might want to take a look at the vaccination rates in the countries shown on that chart. The higher (in some cases significantly) rates in those countries vs. the US has not prevented what is seen on those curves. So, instead of insulting the hayseed "'muricans," you'll have to insult the entire world because apparently no country has enough people vaccinated yet.

I agree that it will likely spike here again. When it does it we either be due to a new variant, the waning protection from vaccination or prior infection or a combination of the two.

dreday3

Maybe just try not to worry about it until it happens, if it happens. I know you said you are going in July. Worst case is you'd have to put a mask on indoors, and I don't know they would even do that again. And if they do, so be it.
I get it, Delta was crazy in Florida before we went in October and I was getting nervous, but I just figured we'd be masked indoors and we were. Weirdly it was very hot and very humid for late October and while the masks weren't my favorite thing, it was fine.

What I would not do is miss the next 4 months of my life worrying about what will be happening in July.

Enjoy today. :)

Heelz2315

Maybe just try not to worry about it until it happens, if it happens. I know you said you are going in July. Worst case is you'd have to put a mask on indoors, and I don't know they would even do that again. And if they do, so be it.
I get it, Delta was crazy in Florida before we went in October and I was getting nervous, but I just figured we'd be masked indoors and we were. Weirdly it was very hot and very humid for late October and while the masks weren't my favorite thing, it was fine.

What I would not do is miss the next 4 months of my life worrying about what will be happening in July.

Enjoy today. :)

Totally agree, but I’ve been trying to plan a vacation mask free there since this crap started. If WDW goes back to masks I’m inclined to cancel…AGAIN. I really don’t want to have to do that. That’s why I follow it so closely so I’ll know when and how to plan

dreday3

Totally agree, but I’ve been trying to plan a vacation mask free there since this crap started. If WDW goes back to masks I’m inclined to cancel…AGAIN. I really don’t want to have to do that. That’s why I follow it so closely so I’ll know when and how to plan

Well, that's up to you. But at a certain point if I keep cancelling trips (to anywhere) due to masks being required...maybe I have to think it's time to take that trip, masks or no masks, before more time keeps on passing me by.

G00fyDad

To be honest, a very small part of me thinks that masks brought back for this October would be a nice thing since it might drop the attendance in the parks for our trip. But of course the more rational part of me does hope they are gone for good.

ToTBellHop

To be honest, a very small part of me thinks that masks brought back for this October would be a nice thing since it might drop the attendance in the parks for our trip. But of course the more rational part of me does hope they are gone for good.
Masks didn’t keep crowds down earlier this year…

correcaminos

Most people don't care about masks. So don't bank on that. Very few cancel because they have to wear. Those who do really do baffle me unless they have a reason why they cannot physically.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Most people don't care about masks. So don't bank on that. Very few cancel because they have to wear. Those who do really do baffle me unless they have a reason why they cannot physically.
I agree most people who have a flight and hotel booked and park tickets purchased are not as likely to cancel. What’s left of the locals crowd could be more influenced. Last August was dead at WDW after they brought masks back and Universal and Sea World did not. I think some of that is more missing International tourists and people holding back due to Delta surge in FL but there was definitely a local impact too.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I won't pretend to know what will happen. All I can observe is that none of those countries got down to the pre-omicron level for whatever reason while the US did.

South Africa didn't either. There it seems like it was headed down like the US curve and then BA.2 hit and made the tail of the curve very long but it never had an increase.

Before spouting insults as the reasoning that it will spike here again, you might want to take a look at the vaccination rates in the countries shown on that chart. The higher (in some cases significantly) rates in those countries vs. the US has not prevented what is seen on those curves. So, instead of insulting the hayseed "'muricans," you'll have to insult the entire world because apparently no country has enough people vaccinated yet.

I agree that it will likely spike here again. When it does it we either be due to a new variant, the waning protection from vaccination or prior infection or a combination of the two.
Ugh, I don't want the pandemic to be longer for years.

Incomudro

I (we as a family) cancelled our trip that was booked for two years ago in May, due to the covid closures of the parks.
We're finally going back this month on the 21st, and I can't believe how lucky we got with the timing.
Hardly any masking required, shows have returned...
If we are indeed in the trough of a wave we timed it well.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That's really good advice. I will take it and start making sure to do it starting with this trip! I guess I never gave it much thought previously.
I have a friend who had a heart attack in his 30s from a blood clot from flying. He flew often for work and trips to Europe so long flights. After 1 trip he collapsed and had a heart attack. He was pretty healthy overall except for smoking, but the doctors said a partially clogged artery was completely blocked by a clot from his leg and it was most likely from sitting on the plane. Crazy stuff….I never knew that was a thing before it happened to him. Now before anyone freaks out and cancels a trip the doctors said it’s a very rare thing and smoking definitely contributed but he could have probably avoided the issue by getting up and stretching every few hours.
I give a lot of credit that can fly non stop to visit HKDL or Aulani wearing a mask. Only way I can leave my mask on is on 10 mg of Melatonin and wake me so I can see the green mountains and Diamond Head upon approach into Honolulu Int’l.
Yeah, I’m heading to HI in June so hoping the masks are gone by then. I don’t have a direct flight but you have to mask at the airport too so basically 12 hours straight in a mask between 2 flights and the airport time in between. I just hope everything stays good into June and the rules are relaxed. Aulani still requires masks indoors except when eating. So not at the pool but In the lobby and shops.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
He can keep posting charts to the 35 people who still care on twitter.

Masks are over with. We will all be ok.

Time to move on.
Yeah what about spikes in summer, fall and winter by end of 2022. Is the wave is going to bigger than two years of madness as masks will GO FOREVER?!

Lilofan

I have a friend who had a heart attack in his 30s from a blood clot from flying. He flew often for work and trips to Europe so long flights. After 1 trip he collapsed and had a heart attack. He was pretty healthy overall except for smoking, but the doctors said a partially clogged artery was completely blocked by a clot from his leg and it was most likely from sitting on the plane. Crazy stuff….I never knew that was a thing before it happened to him. Now before anyone freaks out and cancels a trip the doctors said it’s a very rare thing and smoking definitely contributed but he could have probably avoided the issue by getting up and stretching every few hours.

Yeah, I’m heading to HI in June so hoping the masks are gone by then. I don’t have a direct flight but you have to mask at the airport too so basically 12 hours straight in a mask between 2 flights and the airport time in between. I just hope everything stays good into June and the rules are relaxed. Aulani still requires masks indoors except when eating. So not at the pool but In the lobby and shops.
Doesn’t Aulani have the hotel lobby open air with no walls so one can feel those breezy Hawaiian trade winds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom