News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom P.

You people are so exhausting. The CDC is just following the science. Why is that so hard to accept? I am certain that they have a number of carefully controlled, peer reviewed studies showing that people on school buses do not spread Covid but people on city buses do. They'll release that data shortly. I'm sure of it. Trust the science, people. Trust it.

rio

You people are so exhausting. The CDC is just following the science. Why is that so hard to accept? I am certain that they have a number of carefully controlled, peer reviewed studies showing that people on school buses do not spread Covid but people on city buses do. They'll release that data shortly. I'm sure of it. Trust the science, people. Trust it.
There is nothing stopping someone from having COVID, being too early to test negative or feel symptoms, board a plane, land in NYC, head to a concert at MSG, spread COVID at MSG, board a train to NJ to stay for the night, and give it to the front desk people at the hotel, and then finally wake up the next morning feeling sick.

NYC is not operating as if the pandemic is still a practical consideration, and that’s a city with some of the strictest COVID regulations throughout the pandemic. At some point the policy has to reflect the reality on the ground because policy decisions are based more than just science and math.

The TSA guidance feels political because it doesn’t reflect the reality. Even if that isn’t the intention-that’s the effect.

JohnD

Sigh. . . No, I don't blame Chapek although it seems he's the punching bag for everything these days. I realize they have to follow the Feds but this is so tedious and ridiculous. Transportation mandates also extend to airplanes. So, you don't have to wear masks indoors on the ground but do on an airplane, except when you're served food. Because we all know that air particles will dutifully stay over your plate on your seatback tray while breathing in and exhaling recirculated air. Can we just stop the stupidity and move on?

JohnD

There is nothing stopping someone from having COVID, being too early to test negative or feel symptoms, board a plane, land in NYC, head to a concert at MSG, spread COVID at MSG, board a train to NJ to stay for the night, and give it to the front desk people at the hotel, and then finally wake up the next morning feeling sick.

NYC is not operating as if the pandemic is still a practical consideration, and that’s a city with some of the strictest COVID regulations throughout the pandemic. At some point the policy has to reflect the reality on the ground because policy decisions are based more than just science and math.

The TSA guidance feels political because it doesn’t reflect the reality. Even if that isn’t the intention-that’s the effect.

No, it's intended.

Communicora

Premium Member
Sigh. . . No, I don't blame Chapek although it seems he's the punching bag for everything these days. I realize they have to follow the Feds but this is so tedious and ridiculous. Transportation mandates also extend to airplanes. So, you don't have to wear masks indoors on the ground but do on an airplane, except when you're served food. Because we all know that air particles will dutifully stay over your plate on your seatback tray while breathing in and exhaling recirculated air. Can we just stop the stupidity and move on?
They are accepting the reality that one cannot eat while wearing a mask. It's not that they think it's magically safe. It's just a practical consideration. Maybe you'd be happier if the airlines forbade eating and drinking while on board?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
They are accepting the reality that one cannot eat while wearing a mask. It's not that they think it's magically safe. It's just a practical consideration. Maybe you'd be happier if the airlines forbade eating and drinking while on board?
I think many would just be happier if they dropped masks from airlines completely considering where we are in the pandemic, the types of masks most common on planes, and what we know about air flow on planes.

JohnD

No, reality is the rule is completely idiotic. Just like restaurant rules that required you enter, exit, and walk around restaurants with your masks on. But, acting under the assumption that you must be protected from COVID, we "accept the reality that one cannot eat while wearing a mask", it's perfectly okay and safe to eat for the next hour with your mask off. Actually, if it's okay to eat with your mask off, it's safe to be anywhere else in the same environment with your mask off. Do I really have to explain common sense?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
@GoofGoof I hope NJ Transit will lift mask mandate on April 19th after Easter and Spring Break for good.
It’s an extension but only for a month so I think they may let it expire in April. Can’t say for good, but it will require a big problem to bring it back once it’s gone. I’m sure the customer facing airline workers will be happy. Lots of conflict and unnecessary drama the last 2 years.

Reactions: CJR

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
It’s an extension but only for a month so I think they may let it expire in April. Can’t say for good, but it will require a big problem to bring it back once it’s gone. I’m sure the customer facing airline workers will be happy. Lots of conflict and unnecessary drama the last 2 years.
I don't want to wear mask on train when I will visit NYC by May or June forever...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's so great to see how consistent the messaging is from the CDC. They released a new metric to determine when masking is required. Based upon that metric, as of a week ago, over 90% of the country was told that masking is not necessary regardless of vaccination status.

Today, they announce that masking on transportation is still required and your sister has informed you that it is due to the unvaccinated. Why are they a concern on transportation but not in any other indoor environment?

In trying to "follow the science" I am getting dizzy to the point of nausea because it seems to go around in circles.
I think it may be as simple as an all or nothing policy. Because airlines and trains cross multiple counties how can you follow the county by county metric? When the train enters a red county everyone puts their mask on? Flying is the same. They are probably banking on 100% being in the no masks category in a month. For transport at WDW or things like local buses I don’t see any reason they shouldn’t just follow the local rules. That seems inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom