News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry, I mean if things stay good (cases, hospitalizations, etc) you may finally get to ride the train to NYC without a mask. Maybe as soon as April 19.
I think the cases will going downtrend into the low levels by April during Spring Break and Easter as future variants will getting weaker as no more surges by Fall 2022 and next winter as no more massive waves, then COVID-19 pandemic will be over in US, as the world soon by end of the year.

DisneyCane

I think it may be as simple as an all or nothing policy. Because airlines and trains cross multiple counties how can you follow the county by county metric? When the train enters a red county everyone puts their mask on? Flying is the same. They are probably banking on 100% being in the no masks category in a month. For transport at WDW or things like local buses I don’t see any reason they shouldn’t just follow the local rules. That seems inconsistent.

They could have kept it for ground transport and removed it for air travel. The air quality on an aircraft is much better than on a bus for sure and a train most likely.

As of today's release of the "community levels," the only "region" that is still in the "wear masks" classification is West Virginia and the bordering areas of Virginia and Kentucky. Outside of that it's just a county here or there, mostly in very rural areas. Rural areas might only have a small hospital with a handful of beds so one or two patients can skew the metric.

By the time the mandate would have expired in 8 days, it is likely that 98% of the population will be living in "no mask recommended" areas. Not to make too many assumptions, but the least likely people to be flying somewhere are the people in the poor, rural counties that are still likely to be "mask recommended" areas.

Last edited:

Lilofan

You can take your mask off but are not allowed to smile until you get a 2nd booster.
My family and friends who are RNs, and surgeons will probably crack a smile if more Would have gotten / get their 2nd and 3rd shots. If that was the case, then our medical facilities would not be as stressed as they were in 2021 for example. I've seen it with my own eyes last summer and it was not pretty.

ToTBellHop

I'm not optimistic. If I were you, I'd expect to have to wear it and then be extremely excited if they remove the requirement.
I find the testing requirements for the vaccinated more onerous, honestly. Not that I’m downplaying 9 hr in a mask. I’m hoping all mandates are gone before we (finally) go to Europe in August. Only been planning this trip for 5 years (concretely—it’s been on the bucket list since our first date…).

DisneyCane

I find the testing requirements for the vaccinated more onerous, honestly. Not that I’m downplaying 9 hr in a mask. I’m hoping all mandates are gone before we (finally) go to Europe in August. Only been planning this trip for 5 years (concretely—it’s been on the bucket list since our first date…).
I definitely agree that between the two, the testing requirements are more onerous. I would ask what the longest period you've had to wear a mask for has been. For me, including the time in the airport it was around 7 hours. It got pretty miserable after around hour 3. Luckily, I was able to eat microscopic pretzels one at a time and chew them to the point that my stomach was no longer needed for digestion to get some breaks.

If I had a long flight with a mask gestapo flight attendant I would have to go spend several minutes in the nasty airplane bathroom to have a mask break.

Kingoglow

I think the cases will going downtrend into the low levels by April during Spring Break and Easter as future variants will getting weaker as no more surges by Fall 2022 and next winter as no more massive waves, then COVID-19 pandemic will be over in US, as the world soon by end of the year.

I think we'll likely see another August and December spike, just as in the last two year's. The virus obviously is working to mutate to become more contagious (as we saw in omicron). The concern should be a delta/omicron hybrid mutation that is as deadly as delta and as contagious as omicron.

Nothing has changed to make me think this is over. Most of the world is still unvaccinated and distribution issues persist in Africa and parts of Asia, where most of the worst mutations continue to germinate.

Last edited by a moderator:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Ok, Doctor.

I think we'll likely see another August and December spike, just as in the last two year's. The virus obviously is working to mutate to become more contagious (as we saw in omicron). The concern should be a delta/omicron hybrid mutation that is as deadly as delta and as contagious as omicron.

Nothing has changed to make me think this is over. Most of the world is still unvaccinated and distribution issues persist in Africa and parts of Asia, where most of the worst mutations continue to germinate.
Ugh, don't say that. We're almost out of the pandemic soon by end of the year. I don't want to see another spike between August and December. Heck even mutation will make EVEN LONGER FOR YEARS TO COME! As for me don't expect even worse that part. Even Africa and Asia WILL getting be fully vaccinated by months to come. @GoofGoof Is the spikes will happen between August and December. I don't want this two years a row as same thing again please? Heck even future mutations aka new variants will get even weaker soon. Also take a look at this:

As things goes to ending soon, as spikes will be no more threat anymore after this is finally over, as masks will be no longer need anymore.

Last edited:

tpoly88

It’s an extension but only for a month so I think they may let it expire in April. Can’t say for good, but it will require a big problem to bring it back once it’s gone. I’m sure the customer facing airline workers will be happy. Lots of conflict and unnecessary drama the last 2 years.
What is their criteria?? 0 cases? Btw this all comes back with a new variant for the mid terms

UK Disney

I'm not optimistic. If I were you, I'd expect to have to wear it and then be extremely excited if they remove the requirement.
After 2 year we'll just be delighted to be there. It will however be strange as very few people are wearing them in the UK. It'll also be the first time my six year old will have worn one at all. Some of the UK airlines have already dropped them.

DisneyCane

After 2 year we'll just be delighted to be there. It will however be strange as very few people are wearing them in the UK. It'll also be the first time my six year old will have worn one at all. Some of the UK airlines have already dropped them.
It might be strange on the plane and in the airport but once you get to WDW you'll be able to count the number wearing them on your hands and feet.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What is their criteria?? 0 cases? Btw this all comes back with a new variant for the mid terms
I’m not sure what you are talking about. I think maybe you quoted the wrong post. Where did I say the cases needed to be zero? Actually, nobody here is saying that. Seems like maybe you want to argue with someone so creating a straw man. Let it go. Let the political nonsense go. Enjoy that masks aren’t required most places now.

correcaminos

Coming from the UK in May, not looking forward to a 9 hour flight wearing a mask I hope it's removed before then.
Finding the right mask really helps. I terms of breathability either the surgical or KN95 seem to be best. There are ones with ear loop adjusters that help too. My kid has worn masks every day for 8 hours a day for school. I've had days where I was at the school that long too doing stuff and those work. Though I get it. It's nicer when it's optional if you can.

Heelz2315

I was hoping we'd at least get trough the summer.....October? Maybe when it cools and people in colder areas begin to go inside....

DisneyCane

Finding the right mask really helps. I terms of breathability either the surgical or KN95 seem to be best. There are ones with ear loop adjusters that help too. My kid has worn masks every day for 8 hours a day for school. I've had days where I was at the school that long too doing stuff and those work. Though I get it. It's nicer when it's optional if you can.
Assuming flying economy, none of those activities require sitting in an uncomfortable, cramped seat while wearing a mask for long duration.

correcaminos

Assuming flying economy, none of those activities require sitting in an uncomfortable, cramped seat while wearing a mask for long duration.
Huh? I think you lost me on your point. What seat you are in doesn't affect mask comfort and breathability. In fact I'd argue if we can do all we did in our masks for same duration and be okay, then someone sitting still will be fine. I mean my masks at the 3-5 hour sitting in a hard plastic chair for trial work didn't really change.....

correcaminos

I was hoping we'd at least get trough the summer.....October? Maybe when it cools and people in colder areas begin to go inside....
Guesses are just guesses. They know no more than us. Not everywhere had August spikes.

First not sll spikes lined up the same everywhere. But really, you see no changes at all from the beginning? Sorry but nothing in the history of this world leads me to believe it is never ending.

G00fyDad

Huh? I think you lost me on your point. What seat you are in doesn't affect mask comfort and breathability. In fact I'd argue if we can do all we did in our masks for same duration and be okay, then someone sitting still will be fine. I mean my masks at the 3-5 hour sitting in a hard plastic chair for trial work didn't really change.....

I have to disagree. I will be sitting in the front row of First Class. My air is much better than all of you in stewage in the back. :angelic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom