News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

I agree most people who have a flight and hotel booked and park tickets purchased are not as likely to cancel. What’s left of the locals crowd could be more influenced. Last August was dead at WDW after they brought masks back and Universal and Sea World did not. I think some of that is more missing International tourists and people holding back due to Delta surge in FL but there was definitely a local impact too.
It was much busier than usual even in November when cases were low. That's why I think it doesn't matter as much.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Doesn’t Aulani have the hotel lobby open air with no walls so one can feel those breezy Hawaiian trade winds?
I don’t know for sure because I’ve never been there, but based on the pictures I assume it still qualifies as “indoor”. This is what they sent:

As a reminder, the State of Hawai‘i maintains a face covering mandate for all indoor locations. At Aulani Resort, face coverings are required for each Guest age 2 and up, and must be worn in all indoor locations, including Laniwai - A Disney Spa, except when actively eating or drinking while stationary and maintaining appropriate physical distancing. Face coverings are optional in outdoor common areas at Aulani Resort. Please stay up-to-date on any changes to our offerings and health and safety measures on the Know Before You Gopage at DisneyAulani.com.

D958AF6A-E3C5-4812-9093-1774303E92BE.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It was much busier than usual even in November when cases were low. That's why I think it doesn't matter as much.
Yeah I agree most people don’t care and certainly most people planning a longer trip well in advance. We had to cancel once in 2020 and it was a tough pill to swallow even though we knew it was for the best at the time. I think the only thing it may cut down on is some locals who would pop in for a day if they have other mask free options in town.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Or the hotel union? Just a guess.
No clue if the employees are union or not. I would assume they are Disney workers and they are in the US so if they are unionized would be part of the same union as WDW hotel workers. I don’t remember seeing plexiglass or a microphone system at WDW but we did online check in so didn’t actually use the check in desk.

sullyinMT

I don’t know for sure because I’ve never been there, but based on the pictures I assume it still qualifies as “indoor”. This is what they sent:

As a reminder, the State of Hawai‘i maintains a face covering mandate for all indoor locations. At Aulani Resort, face coverings are required for each Guest age 2 and up, and must be worn in all indoor locations, including Laniwai - A Disney Spa, except when actively eating or drinking while stationary and maintaining appropriate physical distancing. Face coverings are optional in outdoor common areas at Aulani Resort. Please stay up-to-date on any changes to our offerings and health and safety measures on the Know Before You Gopage at DisneyAulani.com.

View attachment 626624
We’re in the same boat, heading to Aulani in July for the first time. Our flight and layover time is just over 13 hours in both directions, so I’m really hoping they cancel the requirement by then. If cases and the collateral stats continue downward or don’t get remarkably worse, I tend to think you and I will both be fine by summer.

Gov Ige recently cancelled the HI safe travel (vaccine, test or quarantine) program. Better said, he didn’t renew it past 3/26. I think the current emergency order has indoor masks in place until 3/28. His statement there was a little more vague, mentioning talking to health professionals and other advisors before making a decision. If all of HI is still green in the new CDC map in 10 days or so, we may see that requirement turn into a recommendation, too. If so, Disney will probably follow suit to make all domestic destinations one uniform policy (including DCL as of today).

sullyinMT

Am I the only one going to Hawaii this year BUT not staying at Aulani? Lol
We had a Northern Europe cruise paid on GC. Transferred our “Disney money” to Aulani and more thankful every day we did. But looking at our itinerary we won’t be spending much time there beyond sleeping and the lu’au. So much to see and do!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
We are staying elsewhere too on the big Island. Since I have the DVC points and it looks pretty cool we decided to stay there while on Oahu.
Nice! Don’t have time to do the big island but hope to be back in the future where we will make it priority. This will be my first time out.

Lilofan

Nice! Don’t have time to do the big island but hope to be back in the future where we will make it priority. This will be my first time out.
The adjustment will be the time change. If coming from the Northeast to Hawaii it is a five hour time difference. Back when I went I forced myself to stay up until 12am Hawaii time in the first night in HI, but my body felt like 5am NE time. Next day I adjusted to HI time.

Trauma

Considering the new metrics adopted by the CDC, it would likely take a surge in hospitalizations among fully vaccinated and/or previously infected. And even then, you're talking maybe indoor masking again. That's it.

AstraZeneca did have lower vaccine efficacy in the first trials, but Europe has much, much higher booster rates than the U.S., and a lot of those boosters were Pfizer or Moderna doses given to people who previously received AZ.

The mask rule didn't cause that, the delta surge did. Universal and SeaWorld also reported dips in attendance around August when Florida was getting slammed by delta. And Disney said the slowdown only lasted a few weeks, but the mask rule stayed, so you've got no basis to believe that masks were what made people stay away.

35 people? The doctor you quoted has 623,000 Twitter followers.
So .0019% of the population.

Not sure if your trying to make my point for me?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Honest question, why do you care?
Yeah, I don’t get it either. As long as masks are not required and you don’t need to wear one if you don’t want to why would you care how many other people chose to wear one. For the better part of 2 years all we heard was people should have a “choice” whether they have to wear a mask. Now that that is true almost everywhere it bothers some people that people are choosing to wear a mask even if it’s not required. Seems odd to me.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I think everyone needs to get used to a world where even if masks are not mandated in public some will choose to wear them in the future. It's totally common in many Asian cultures for individuals to wear masks when they have a cold or flu in public. It's a sign of respect for others in extremely populous areas to wear a mask when you are ill so as not to spread your illness to others. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a portion of the US population (I may be one of them) adopt those habits so as not to spread illness when they are ill in the future.
I totally understand that we all have a bit of PTSD after the last 2 years but getting offended because someone feels the need, or has a need to continue wearing a mask is a little over the top. If you are not required to wear one, why do you care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom