News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

My sister told me yesterday the mandate was being extended. She gets the info before it is publically released. Masks will be around for a while, due to the unvaccinated.
It's so great to see how consistent the messaging is from the CDC. They released a new metric to determine when masking is required. Based upon that metric, as of a week ago, over 90% of the country was told that masking is not necessary regardless of vaccination status.

Today, they announce that masking on transportation is still required and your sister has informed you that it is due to the unvaccinated. Why are they a concern on transportation but not in any other indoor environment?

In trying to "follow the science" I am getting dizzy to the point of nausea because it seems to go around in circles.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
"Resume more caution in a month or two"??? There goes summer...UGH

I hope it keep extending longer until 2025 or something. I wonder what next month brings if the federal mask mandate will finally be lifted. What about Fall 2022 and Winter 2022-2023, this new variants will make even worse than 2020-2022 pandemic going? Look, I just don’t want pandemic to be longer. I just want it to be end this year. Wait a second….is TSA/CDC is extending until next month because Spring Break and Easter madness to make COVID surge to have massive to end it. I wonder TSA/CDC thinks extending mask mandate for trains, buses and planes due to future variants like this fall and next winter like Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas as New Years Eve.

Heelz2315

I was just hoping to at least make it through summer w/o any restrictions coming back, esp at Disney. I have a trip planned over the 4th of July....I'd hate to cancel it if the masks are brought back

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I was just hoping to at least make it through summer w/o any restrictions coming back, esp at Disney. I have a trip planned over the 4th of July....I'd hate to cancel it if the masks are brought back
Wait until CDC/TSA will have news abou COVID pandemic’s ending to put masks away for good this year.

DisneyCane

Bob is a Covid extremist. Just ignore him like everyone else does.
I've never heard of him. They won't drop this useless transportation mandate because it is the last thing the "mitigation forever" people have.

If there is one thing I would bet a lot on, it is that there will be no resuming of more caution in a month or two, regardless of the data. When "hard line" states were tripping over each other to drop mitigation a few weeks ago, it was clear they were doing so based upon internal polling data and not COVID data. They aren't going to reverse those decisions less than 6 months before November unless the situation in hospitals is worse than it has ever been through the entire pandemic.

I have constantly predicted that the transportation mandate will remain until at least January 20, 2025 and this may still happen. There isn't a high enough percentage of the population who is effected by it so it won't make a huge difference politically.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I’m hoping to make it the rest of my life before restrictions are back.

SingleRider

I've never heard of him. They won't drop this useless transportation mandate because it is the last thing the "mitigation forever" people have.

If there is one thing I would bet a lot on, it is that there will be no resuming of more caution in a month or two, regardless of the data. When "hard line" states were tripping over each other to drop mitigation a few weeks ago, it was clear they were doing so based upon internal polling data and not COVID data. They aren't going to reverse those decisions less than 6 months before November unless the situation in hospitals is worse than it has ever been through the entire pandemic.

I have constantly predicted that the transportation mandate will remain until at least January 20, 2025 and this may still happen. There isn't a high enough percentage of the population who is effected by it so it won't make a huge difference politically.
What made you pick that exact date?

drizgirl

Yeah, I agree. A month or two from now is inching a little to close too the election. And this is a highly political issue.

Last edited:

CJR

My hope is that they'll differentiate the terms (before April 18th) to separate localized public transit (that doesn't leave the region) from travel such as airplanes, buses, and trains that move across the country.

They already exempted school buses, so they could easily do something like that again and if cases continue to go down, I don't see why not. Your local bus service is going to be a more concentrated group of people than an airplane, which the flight attendants specifically will have a greater reach, possibly even out of the US. They even have said this type of move might be possible, so here's hoping.

Even at WDW, which has a greater argument for masks than a local bus does, to be fair, it makes little sense to me to wear a mask on a monorail and then sit maskless next to someone I don't know on Mission: SPACE. Especially, if your party is the only ones in the cabin on the monorail or especially Skyliner. Rules are rules, I just think they need to make common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom