News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

It feels arbitrary because it IS arbitrary. There have been no lab studies or cohort studies done to determine the risks of transmission without masks on various forms of transportation.

I think it is partially that they know once they drop it, there's no going back without causing riots. Part of me still believes that they will keep extending this through January 2025, month by month.
I’m sure they are thinking “lots of flights during Spring Break season with lots of unvaccinated kiddos” so they landed on the Monday after Easter.

dreday3

Me too but in the grand scheme of things there are worse things for me to be upset about when I am heading to Disney. :)

Oh I'm not talking about Disney, I'm talking about at home.

Yes, it's not that big of deal, but I'd rather not have to keep wearing them to/from work. Messes up my hair when I have a headband on and gets in way of my sunglasses. ;)

But whatever, do what we have to do.

G00fyDad

Yes, it's not that big of deal, but I'd rather not have to keep wearing them to/from work. Messes up my hair when I have a headband on and gets in way of my sunglasses. ;)

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I only ride public transportation when we go places on trips like New York or maybe Chicago. I never use public transport at home so that never occurred to me.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Do you commute by bus, rail, or donkey?

DisneyCane

I’m sure they are thinking “lots of flights during Spring Break season with lots of unvaccinated kiddos” so they landed on the Monday after Easter.
They landed on the Monday after Easter because they added 1 month to the 3/18 date.

If they are thinking about lots of unvaccinated kiddos, it doesn't matter how long they extend it, that situation will still exist. For the 5-11 age group it's barely over 1/4 who are vaccinated. I expect it to be even lower if/when there is approval for 0-5.

DisneyCane

Almost like it was never about The Science™️.
There literally is no science. The CDC could have easily set up experiments on board aircraft to see how droplets moved through the cabin, how well particles and droplets were filtered and the density of droplets and particles in the cabin air based on various number of "infected" passengers.

They could have done this with no masks, cloth masks, surgical masks and N95 respirators. If the results of the experiments supported the notion that it was significantly "safer" for the passengers to be required to wear masks then I wouldn't be so against the mandate.

Presently, I am livid that they extended this. I was looking forward to not having to be uncomfortable at least on my return flight from Vegas (I knew I'd have to wear a mask on the way out there).

However, I'm not going to risk getting banned from an airline to do what I'd really like to do and just take it off at cruising altitude and sit there silently.

ToTBellHop

They landed on the Monday after Easter because they added 1 month to the 3/18 date.

If they are thinking about lots of unvaccinated kiddos, it doesn't matter how long they extend it, that situation will still exist. For the 5-11 age group it's barely over 1/4 who are vaccinated. I expect it to be even lower if/when there is approval for 0-5.
They said they just added a month, but I don’t believe it was because a month is convenient. A month is nothing in the science of pandemics. They will learn nothing from an extra month of masks on planes and trains. But I’m sure we will witness more aggressive behavior on planes. At this point, it is all political calculus and I guess they decided an extra month of this is acceptable because…reasons.

If they really wanted to keep people safe, mandate that people show their vaccine cards to drop the masks. They have the power to do that. But it is political suicide so…

31 days to slow the spread.

And for the record, I’m not anti-mask and have no real issue wearing a mask on a flight. I’m angry that politics have repeatedly tarnished faith in science during this pandemic, and they continue doing it.

Ayla

They said they just added a month, but I don’t believe it was because a month is convenient. A month is nothing in the science of pandemics. They will learn nothing from an extra month of masks on planes and trains. But I’m sure we will witness more aggressive behavior on planes. At this point, it is all political calculus and I guess they decided an extra month of this is acceptable because…reasons.

If they really wanted to keep people safe, mandate that people show their vaccine cards to drop the masks. They have the power to do that. But it is political suicide so…

31 days to slow the spread.

And for the record, I’m not anti-mask and have no real issue wearing a mask on a flight. I’m angry that politics have repeatedly tarnished faith in science during this pandemic, and they continue doing it.
My sister told me yesterday the mandate was being extended. She gets the info before it is publically released. Masks will be around for a while, due to the unvaccinated.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
My sister told me yesterday the mandate was being extended. She gets the info before it is publically released. Masks will be around for a while, due to the unvaccinated.
Ugh, no I don't want to wear mask on train forever......it's going to have one month left to expire mask mandate for trains, buses and planes.

Does your sister have any inside info on when the pre flight testing will stop for international visitors, particularly those from the UK?!

Ayla

Does your sister have any inside info on when the pre flight testing will stop for international visitors, particularly those from the UK?!
No. Americans have to have a negative covid test even if vaccinated to return to the US, so don't plan on it ending any time soon.

Edited to clarify ~ all Americans returning by air have to have a negative covid test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom