News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJR

FWIW, if it does expire, individual Airlines can still require masks after April 18th, they just won't be required to require them.

That's the difference. If American Airlines wants to require masks, but Southwest does not, the customer will get to choose.

The problem for American Airlines in this scenario it would be harder for them to enforce their policy. Hopefully, they'd just relax a bit and have their staff wear properly fitting N95 masks, if they wish to further protect themselves. Also, hopefully, guests would comply with the rule of the airline they choose, although that seems to be asking for too much.

[Edited with today's information, but the same situation still applies]

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Ohhh I get it, the media needs something to replace COVID to create fear and control.

Here's one for ya, don't forget the murder hornets reported in Washington state in 2021, lets see what happens in 2022

But the scariest thing to me today is the gas prices in the US :)
Parachute spiders have threatened to move north from Georgia if they don’t start getting more respect. And they don’t run on gasoline so that won’t slow them down. After this last cold front blows through this weekend, it’s GO time!

correcaminos

FWIW, if it does expire, individual Airlines can still require masks after March 18th, they just won't be required to require them.

That's the difference. If American Airlines wants to require masks, but Southwest does not, the customer will get to choose.

The problem for American Airlines in this scenario it would be harder for them to enforce their policy. Hopefully, they'd just relax a bit and have their staff wear properly fitting N95 masks, if they wish to further protect themselves. Also, hopefully, guests would comply with the rule of the airline they choose, although that seems to be asking for too much.
I share these thoughts too

Last edited by a moderator:

G00fyDad

FWIW, if it does expire, individual Airlines can still require masks after March 18th, they just won't be required to require them.

No. No it wouldn't. They don't have to allow you to fly on their planes. If they tell you to put on a mask and you refuse then you can be put on a no-fly list and/or even arrested at landing for failing to follow their rules. Especially if you make an *** of yourself and lose it with them. Now, do I want masks to continue on airlines? Heck no. I want them gone forever but let's not fool ourselves here. If an airline makes something a rule to fly on their planes then that is what it is, a rule. Don't break the rules. If one airline keeps masks but others do not then you have a choice to make. Fly with the maskless one if you don't want to wear a mask. Simple. They aren't keeping this crap secret. It will be well documented before you book and get on the plane. At that point if you choose to not wear a mask and break their rules then it is just about being an *** and trying to see how far the flight attendants can be pushed.

I hope the masks are gone from American Airlines after this federal mandate expires so that when we go in October we do not have to mask up. But if it still exists on American Airlines by their own rules then so be it. I'll wear a mask.

DisneyCane

Don’t worry. Most are harmless and try to avoid you anyways. They are more scared of you than you of them. :p At least that’s what my mom used to say. Not sure if she ever saw the movie arachnophobia.
That's what they say about snakes. However, on multiple occasions to get a snake to leave my patio I've had to keep swatting it with my pool skimmer to get it to move. Otherwise it just stared at me.

My wife hates snakes so I need them to go somewhere that she doesn't see them or she won't go outside.

DisneyCane

If they all keep the requirement there will be some uptick in incidents because people will have heard the news that there is no longer a federal mandate. If any of them drop it, it will become a nightmare on the airlines that still require it. In your hypothetical, somebody could fly Southwest on 3/19 and be unmasked and then a week or two later fly on American and be told they have to wear a mask. This will be infuriating for some people.

While people will be able to choose for future bookings, there isn't much choice for an existing booking. You can cancel for flight credit in most cases now but you still have to use those funds on the same airline or just throw the money away.

correcaminos

We leave Monday. I'll report what I see. I need to continue conversations with my kid about masks and when to wear as he's struggling to adjust to life without as mandates were dropped this week locally and he's still having to wear for some things anyway. Might poke fun at him but keep in mind here kids have been wearing them in schools since Sept 2020 when we went back to hybrid. He's 14 so he gets why they were there. Just feels weird physically to not wear and I get it. It's been a part of the uniform for so long. Me on the other hand as soon as we were out of the concert hall last night I ripped it off. My keloid is killing me.

G00fyDad

Anti-maskers right now....

girl burn GIF by Psyklon

End Of The World Mind Blown GIF by Daybreak

celluloid

I suppose if the downward trends continues...they drop it in April? Feels like, "let us extend it just in case there is another surge..."

That is my presumption as well. Probably waiting to see if the surges in Asia or predicted for the fall are more likely so they don't have to flip flop just for late spring through Summer to try and itnroduce it again in the fall.

DisneyCane

It just feels arbitrary. The CDC needs a month to consider…what again?
It feels arbitrary because it IS arbitrary. There have been no lab studies or cohort studies done to determine the risks of transmission without masks on various forms of transportation.
I suppose if the downward trends continues...they drop it in April? Feels like, "let us extend it just in case there is another surge..."

View attachment 626354
I think it is partially that they know once they drop it, there's no going back without causing riots. Part of me still believes that they will keep extending this through January 2025, month by month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom