News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas84

I have not flown for over a decade now. Flying, at one time, was actually a pleasurable part of travel, but over time passengers went from being treated as valued customers to being treated like livestock. The security measures, though justifiable and necessary, did not help and now the COVID issues / protocols have further added to the misery. Airlines have been doing copious amounts of bragging about the medical grade air filtration systems on the aircraft all during the pandemic, how miniscule the possibility of COVID19 circulating within the aircraft due to this air filtration system. Then why the masks? All I am saying is you treat people in dehumanizing manners some that have little self-control will not react well. So, I avoid the whole thing, I travel just fine via ground transportation that I control on my own time schedule and don't have to put up with any of the headaches and heartaches of modern day air travel.
Why the masks? US government subsidies. Do what the CDC says or we take those away.

correcaminos

I just wish we HAD a decent train route from MI to FL :(. I would buy this in a heartbeat, if it were anything like the REAL 1950 train system :(.
We have nothing here just below you. It's flying or driving for us. I definitely pick flying as we don't have time to add extra days for travel. Plus we might hurt each other before the trip has even started.

I'm still siding with the idea it will not be renewed. What airlines or Disney does can vary of course.

Tom P.

Why the masks? US government subsidies. Do what the CDC says or we take those away.
I'm as anti-mask as they come. I don't think we should have *ever* been recommending masking in the United States. And I am totally opposed to mask mandates.

But not everything is a conspiracy. Airlines either (a) were reacting as best they knew how to the changing conditions of a historical pandemic, (b) were trying to cover their butts and look proactive so as not to lose passengers or be sued, or (c) all of the above.

DisneyCane

I'm still siding with the idea it will not be renewed. What airlines or Disney does can vary of course.
All I know is that if they think there were a lot of incidents on aircraft with the federal mandate in place, any airline that keeps the requirement without the federal mandate will be very unpleasantly surprised with the increase in confrontations.

SingleRider

I think the federal mandate went too far as well since it applied to more localized systems like WDW transportation. It makes no sense to be able to stand in a crowded Soarin queue with no mandate and then have to wear a mask on the bus/monorail.

correcaminos

All I know is that if they think there were a lot of incidents on aircraft with the federal mandate in place, any airline that keeps the requirement without the federal mandate will be very unpleasantly surprised with the increase in confrontations.
That was more of just in case someone kept it. At least for the most part people can choose who to give business to.

We're just over a week out from it ending and even mask conservative Columbus dropped their mandate. I would be shocked totally if fed mandate were to be extended.

Disney4Lyfe

Either way, if it gets extended or some airlines decide to keep it. Passenger confrontations are going to be really bad.

casplas

I'm as anti-mask as they come. I don't think we should have *ever* been recommending masking in the United States. And I am totally opposed to mask mandates.

But not everything is a conspiracy. Airlines either (a) were reacting as best they knew how to the changing conditions of a historical pandemic, (b) were trying to cover their butts and look proactive so as not to lose passengers or be sued, or (c) all of the above.
c, all of the above. but mostly b. and to think even after the experts have claimed cloth masks to be worthless some that still require masking allow them? remeber when disney banned gators and neck bandanas because they were deemed not effective?

GimpYancIent

I wonder if Disney themed face coverings are going to become collector items? Like Mickey dollars and other merc have, a mask in original packaging? Also it will be interesting to find out if and how Disney can recycle all that plexiglass.

DisneyCane

I wonder if Disney themed face coverings are going to become collector items? Like Mickey dollars and other merc have, a mask in original packaging? Also it will be interesting to find out if and how Disney can recycle all that plexiglass.
I can't imagine plexiglass is very recyclable. Maybe they can melt it down and turn it into benches or tables or something.

I don't care how much they are worth. I'm not collecting any mask. I have a strong desire to burn every mask I see.

Chip Chipperson

Do they have a hockey rink at WWoS? If so, maybe the plexiglass can be used to replace the plexiglass there as pieces get damaged. If they don't have a hockey rink there, then maybe they can save it and convince Chapek that they've already identified future savings on its construction and get one built.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom