News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
So question on the remark plan at Disney for the insiders who know. And maybe it’s too soon to ask this, but do they have an exit strategy? I ask because the CDC guidelines seem that if you move out of the red you can unmask, but don’t seem to clarify for how long. So say in 3 weeks they move back to yellow, does Disney unmask then? But what happens at week 6 when cases go back up again?

We go end of Aug I don’t what a mask I’m vaxed and this whole thing just became a giant pain in my you know what. We will still go, we will mask when and where we are told, we will have a great time but it still sucks lol

correcaminos

Well peace and love because I don’t want to argue with you. But like you, I don’t like to see others offer opinions as facts, whether it’s pro or anti vaccine, masks, or anything else. And that’s what I was originally responding to. Anyway, I think it’s great that you put time into something you’re passionate about. In all seriousness, enjoy your night.
In all seriousness as well, have a great night!

ElvisMickey

I'm not vaccinated. As I've said before on this thread, it's for medical reasons.

The rest of y'all need to get your vaccines unless you've spoken with your doctor and determined that it's not right for you. And if you're hesitant about getting it for medical reasons: call your doctor. They're the experts, that's what they're there for.

Otherwise, you're risking the health of yourself and those around you who cannot get vaccinated.

And to those who are not vaccinated: wear the masks. They're a piece of fabric. To those who are high risk (compromised immune systems, if you have asthma, cancer patients, etc) you should also wear a mask because the vaccine might not work as well for you.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Most definitely! Agree 100%. Stay safe and healthy!

fractal

Because the loading of delta is starting to look staggering…

not coincidentally as Pfizer and modern a look to go with a third dose and ASAP
Again, in Israel, which right now is at peak Delta, those that are naturally immunized are not spreading the virus as much as the fully vaccinated.

CLEtoWDW

Businesses, such as Disney, are able to do so. The governor's EO does not impact this.
36B697E1-91E9-4049-9F12-2D83022C4502.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

fractal

We tried “natural immunity” last year…

…it didn’t go well. As evidenced by how we still got it now 🤪
We didn't try it. There was no other option. The reinfection rate has held steady between 0.3% and 0.4% through all waves and variants. I just have a chip on my shoulder as someone that recovered from Covid being called a lot of bad things yesterday because I decided not to get the vaccine. Some fully vaccinated folks claimed I was scum because I was infecting others.

Chomama

We didn't try it. There was no other option. The reinfection rate has held steady between 0.3% and 0.4% through all waves and variants. I just have a chip on my shoulder as someone that recovered from Covid being called a lot of bad things yesterday because I decided not to get the vaccine. Some fully vaccinated folks claimed I was scum because I was infecting others.
I actually want to understand that decision. Why didn’t you decide to get vaccinated? I’m genuinely curious. Not at all a judgment or an attack. Thx!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

but you made a bad choice. There’s no reason to not get the vaccine if you recovered from it…

its not going to “cancel your immunity”. That’s kinda hokie…

Last edited by a moderator:

pdude81

Show me one hospital that is actually overwhelmed.

My wife is an rn and we know a lot of people in the healthcare community in our city. This overwhelmed hospital narrative has generally been overblown by a huge proportion. I'm sure some of the hospitals in the biggest metropolitan areas of the US might be a bit strained but it's a very isolated problem It seems.
Your wife knows people at hospitals, therefore others are lying?

correcaminos

Because the loading of delta is starting to look staggering…

not coincidentally as Pfizer and modern a look to go with a third dose and ASAP
They are still in the trials for this. I was shot with the 3rd dose a week an a half ago. They did break down by age as well. Not sure we'll see it "ASAP" but could be wrong. Pfizer/BioNTech plan to unblind rather quickly, but they also knew full well those of us who had reactions the first time around would figure it out with this 3rd shot ;)

correcaminos

To be fair, I just think every little bit helps. Reinfections are possible and they are seeing more in the UK and S. America. Why not do it? Not scum, and I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I also want as much protection as possible as to not pass it on to others. To be fair it isn't *me* I'm worried about. I'm early 40s, healthy, zero honest to goodness health risks and I rarely get bad off from viruses like this - even when my husband and kid had a totally different strand I was the only one not sick. Happens all the time in the house. I did it all for others. Just a thought :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom