Disney Looking To Re-Open Some Clubs at PI For the Holiday Season?

Missing20K

Here is what I mean...UGHHHH...

pic27065.jpg

newjerseydouchebags004_2.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e217/brutalfun3/.jpg

Hilarious...:ROFLOL:

chaggy102

I think the main reason the kingalooshes sold out is because of the relatively close date of the closure of Adv Club. If they did away with the building and built in a bar as someone suggested... it would be forgotten soon, and the bar would be just that... a bar that sells something familiar.

I don't doubt the fans of the Adv Club, ( I consider myself as one), but once demo and replacement happens, some of that magical spirit will go away for good.

I know that they said they'd be doing it again...has anybody heard any details about another Kungaloosh night?

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Those dudes were EVERYWHERE in DTD. Im SO glad it closed.

If I had a son and my son EVER came home looking like that Id pound his head off.

Lee

Adventurer
Those dudes were EVERYWHERE in DTD. Im SO glad it closed.

Yeah, those guys look stupid....

But closing all of PI just to not have to see them? No. That's dumb.

That would be like me saying I don't like kids, so since MK is full of them I hope it closes. Silly. Shouldn't cut off the nose to spite the face.

SGT623

Yes, the DJ's were back again and they are now staying and I have it from a pretty good source that the Kungaloosh will get another "special night" in a few weeks. I'll update when we are close.

liquid toez

Yeah, the PI Live DJ booth was lit up once again last night. If I'm not mistaken, I think they were showing videos too on the video monitors. They no longer have live entertainment in front of the Adventurers Club entrance.

On a side note, I heard a rumor last night that Universal City Walk has plans to change the "Groove" club into an "8 Trax" type club and also to change the "Red Cocoanut" club into a "Mannequins" type club. I can already see the beginnings of that transisition because DJ Baby Anne, one of country's top techno spinning DJs, has been having DJ gigs at Red Cocoanuts on Tuesday nights. She rocks by the way.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah, those guys look stupid....

But closing all of PI just to not have to see them? No. That's dumb.

That would be like me saying I don't like kids, so since MK is full of them I hope it closes. Silly. Shouldn't cut off the nose to spite the face.

My point is that Im glad I dont have to see those slime balls everywhere now that its closed, so Im not that said it shut down.

Mr.EPCOT

On a side note, I heard a rumor last night that Universal City Walk has plans to change the "Groove" club into an "8 Trax" type club and also to change the "Red Cocoanut" club into a "Mannequins" type club. I can already see the beginnings of that transisition because DJ Baby Anne, one of country's top techno spinning DJs, has been having DJ gigs at Red Cocoanuts on Tuesday nights. She rocks by the way.

I wouldn't blame Universal at all for trying to pick up Disney's slack as far as Pleasure Island-style entertainment at CityWalk. I have to wonder about an 8trax-type club, though, because wasn't that what Motown/Decades Cafe kind of was where Bubba Gump is now? They could totally pull off a Mannequins analogue, and could probably even successfully develop an edgier Adventurers Club style venue. Although it certainly wouldn't be anywhere near as good, of course. :cool:

RSoxNo1

I wouldn't blame Universal at all for trying to pick up Disney's slack as far as Pleasure Island-style entertainment at CityWalk. I have to wonder about an 8trax-type club, though, because wasn't that what Motown/Decades Cafe kind of was where Bubba Gump is now? They could totally pull off a Mannequins analogue, and could probably even successfully develop an edgier Adventurers Club style venue. Although it certainly wouldn't be anywhere near as good, of course. :cool:

Does Universal have an admission charge for their CitiWalk? I had read that they were offering passes for the remainder of the year to anyone that had a Pleasure Island pass, but I didn't know if that meant a pass to their theme parks or CitiWalk.

Mr.EPCOT

Does Universal have an admission charge for their CitiWalk? I had read that they were offering passes for the remainder of the year to anyone that had a Pleasure Island pass, but I didn't know if that meant a pass to their theme parks or CitiWalk.

CityWalk itself is an open area just like Pleasure Island has been in recent years, and likewise requires admission into the various clubs.

liquid toez

I use to go to the Motown/Decades club once in a while and it never ever felt like an 8 Trax club atmosphere - not even close.

Quote: "Does Universal have an admission charge for their CitiWalk? I had read that they were offering passes for the remainder of the year to anyone that had a Pleasure Island pass, but I didn't know if that meant a pass to their theme parks or CitiWalk." end of quote.

Yes, they do charge an admission to enter the clubs after 9pm; prior 9pm it's no charge. Also, be sure to arrive after 8pm because parking is free after 8pm; even if you arrive at 7:59 pm you will still have to pay $12 to park. The City Walk complex offers some free outdoor entertainment on Friday & Saturday evenings - its usually the Orange Avenue Band - they are very good.

Also, you can trade your Pleasure Island annual pass for a City Walk all club access pass. Just stop by the City Walk ticket booth and make the trade; they will issue you a City Walk pass with an expiration date of March 2009; good deal for sure.

Space Mountain

Sad thing is...the AC Fans will never realize this. Nor do they want to except.

But it does take place from 9/10 when the Cm would come in, til park close...most likely 8PM. Meaning to run the AC with those CMs means paying overtime...which at their rate, I doubt the company would do.

In that case, they would incur Double Time, so that possibility is nearly 100% out of the question.

Thelazer

Yeah, the PI Live DJ booth was lit up once again last night. If I'm not mistaken, I think they were showing videos too on the video monitors. They no longer have live entertainment in front of the Adventurers Club entrance.

Universal could never pull off "Mannequins" first off, they would have to build a turntable dance floor. Then spend a crap ton of money on lighting and audio and Co2. Then hire the people who are skilled enough to run the room correctly. I don't see them spending that amount of money anytime soon.

BTW- The Groove was supposed to be Uni's answer to Mannequins.
It's even MORE outdated now more than ever.

markc

Universal could never pull off "Mannequins" first off, they would have to build a turntable dance floor. Then spend a crap ton of money on lighting and audio and Co2. Then hire the people who are skilled enough to run the room correctly. I don't see them spending that amount of money anytime soon.

BTW- The Groove was supposed to be Uni's answer to Mannequins.
It's even MORE outdated now more than ever.

There's nothing outdated about the Groove. It's still a modern dance club, like most clubs out there. IT's only problem is its crappy DJ's, and the crowd that it attracts (and the really poor layout of the club) It's nowhere near the quality of Mannequins, but it is an adequate replacement for Motion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom