Disney Looking To Re-Open Some Clubs at PI For the Holiday Season?

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Anytime Ive been to DTD all I seen were scum bags all over the place waiting to go into the clubs. You know the orange colored kids with the jersey dork haircuts? Id rather they all be closed than to have to withstand that 2 times a year.

liquid toez

Quote: "Downtown Disney & Pleasure Island News - (10/21/08) According to one source, in the weeks that have followed the closure of Pleasure Island, WDW Management has been made aware of just how dead and silent the middle of Downtown Disney has become."

I think that statement is partly true. The PI section from the PI DJ booth to Club Motion is very dead and silent. However, the section from the PI entrance West End to the PI exit alongside Raglan Road is not dead and silent, at least not on Friday and Saturday evenings between 7 and 11pm. They still play music through the PI exterior sound system and they have live entertainment in front of the Adventurer's Club; and Raglan Road is hoppin' too. In addtition, there is always a steady flow of people strolling by. I would imagine though that it would become increasingly dead and silent after 11pm.

Having said that, I still hope that they do indeed re-open a club or two. I always felt that they would re-open Mannequins because they invested so much money in designing that club that it would be such a waste to disassemble it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Quote: "Downtown Disney & Pleasure Island News - (10/21/08) According to one source, in the weeks that have followed the closure of Pleasure Island, WDW Management has been made aware of just how dead and silent the middle of Downtown Disney has become."

I think that statement is partly true. The PI section from the PI DJ booth to Club Motion is very dead and silent. However, the section from the PI entrance West End to the PI exit alongside Raglan Road is not dead and silent, at least not on Friday and Saturday evenings between 7 and 11pm. They still play music through the PI exterior sound system and they have live entertainment in front of the Adventurer's Club; and Raglan Road is hoppin' too. In addtition, there is always a steady flow of people strolling by. I would imagine though that it would become increasingly dead and silent after 11pm.

Having said that, I still hope that they do indeed re-open a club or two. I always felt that they would re-open Mannequins because they invested so much money in designing that club that it would be such a waste to disassemble it.

Add to that as well the area around T-REX is now absolutely jammed with people. I would certainly not describe DownTown Disney as dead and silent anywhere.

ewensell3

When PI was open, was there supposed to be "stuff" to do there during the day? During the few days we were there in June, the PI section was fairly "dead and silent" during the day (lunchtime until mid afternoon), save the few of us walking through to get to the other side of DTD.

A bit of piped music and a couple vendor carts, but that was it. It actually felt kinda creepy walking through there. It was like everyone was being quiet as to not wake the buildings. Subsequent visits to DTD we ended up walking along the parking lot sidewalk or taking the boat to avoid the PI section.

Would the daytime crowd really notice a difference with PI "closed" now??

TheBeatles

Anytime Ive been to DTD all I seen were scum bags all over the place waiting to go into the clubs. You know the orange colored kids with the jersey dork haircuts? Id rather they all be closed than to have to withstand that 2 times a year.

What an interesting comment, ha.

SGT623

Rumor has it that it is so bad at "P.I. 2.0" that the DJ's have been asked to come back! If true, they should be there within the next two weeks.

Oh, and that 1 day test of Kungaloosh last Saturday night at the outside bar completely sold out!

Buried20KLeague

I find it almost a little funny... 90% of the time a Screamscape rumor appears on this site, everyone dogs screamscape and says how horrible that site is, etc...

Except for when it's talking about something we all want. :lol:

I'm praying for the re-opening of AC right along with all of you... But when it comes to Screamscape, I don't take it with a grain of salt... I take it with a TRUCKLOAD.

There ARE some interesting facts we know for certain. Disney selling Kungalooshes last weekend being a prime example.

Might Disney have been testing out the possibility of a daytime bar in front of the AC, trying to come up with a way to explore increasing profitability for the location? A bar serving drinks during the day adds to the overall profit of the day... Much more so than a completely empty building that doesn't get used till after dinner.

If anything is encouraging to me, it would be that... As opposed to a rumor off screamscape. :shrug:

CaptainMichael

I There ARE some interesting facts we know for certain. Disney selling Kungalooshes last weekend being a prime example.

Might Disney have been testing out the possibility of a daytime bar in front of the AC, trying to come up with a way to explore increasing profitability for the location? A bar serving drinks during the day adds to the overall profit of the day... Much more so than a completely empty building that doesn't get used till after dinner.

If anything is encouraging to me, it would be that... As opposed to a rumor off screamscape. :shrug:

It was definitely interesting that they started Kungalooshes again, but I don't understand why they stopped. They had a bar outside of the AC, now it's a smoothie and popcorn stand...

I say reopen the AC, CW, and Mannequins. Replace the empty buildings with shopping and dining, and provide daytime entertainment. Everyone wins. Downtown Disney for the most part is dead during the day anyway, especially the West Side.

I'm glad to hear the Kungalooshes sold on Saturday. That warms my heart:)

MonkeyHead

2 are going to Idol - and the most of the cast has actively auditioned for Disney roles outside of Florida. The cast is not as accessible as you think it is, nor does Disney want them to be. Beyond the NFFC meeting at the Adventurer's Club, the cast has not performed past that and we should consider themselves disbanded at this point.

This is 100% NOT TRUE.

The majority of the cast has been retained on property and all of the actors who were subs, still are. And there have been more private events with full casts since the NFFC event.

If a temporary holiday reopening were required, it would be relatively easy to do. Depending on how often certain performers worked between now and then, brushups might be required, but other than that, they still have more than enough actors to run the stage.

CaptainMichael

This is 100% NOT TRUE.

The majority of the cast has been retained on property and all of the actors who were subs, still are. And there have been more private events with full casts since the NFFC event.

If a temporary holiday reopening were required, it would be relatively easy to do. Depending on how often certain performers worked between now and then, brushups might be required, but other than that, they still have more than enough actors to run the stage.

That's what I thought.:king:

Master Gracey

2 are going to Idol - and the most of the cast has actively auditioned for Disney roles outside of Florida. The cast is not as accessible as you think it is, nor does Disney want them to be. Beyond the NFFC meeting at the Adventurer's Club, the cast has not performed past that and we should consider themselves disbanded at this point.

This is 100% NOT TRUE.

Monkey Head is quite correct, while all the actors had their "full time" status revoked from the Adventurers Club, they are all still "on call" to pick up their beloved parts at a moments notice. Also, I heard that tonight, the DJs were brought back to Pleasure Island! First the Kungaloosh, now the Music, hopefull next The Laughter! The Adventurers Club isnt dead as long as there is imagination left in the world, we will live to see another Hoopla!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Monkey Head is quite correct, while all the actors had their "full time" status revoked from the Adventurers Club, they are all still "on call" to pick up their beloved parts at a moments notice. Also, I heard that tonight, the DJs were brought back to Pleasure Island! First the Kungaloosh, now the Music, hopefull next The Laughter! The Adventurers Club isnt dead as long as there is imagination left in the world, we will live to see another Hoopla!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Hoopla!!!!!

Thurp

If only Mannequins would open too, even if it's just for a few weeks, I'd be happy again.

I have such good memories of those the AC and Mannequins. We'd usually bounce back and forth all night long, making a point to return to the AC for the HOOPLA!!! and then we'd finish the night off by dancing at Mannequins.

I miss doing that tremendously.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
What an interesting comment, ha.

Here is what I mean...UGHHHH...

pic27065.jpg

newjerseydouchebags004_2.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e217/brutalfun3/.jpg

hokielutz

It was definitely interesting that they started Kungalooshes again, but I don't understand why they stopped. They had a bar outside of the AC, now it's a smoothie and popcorn stand...

I say reopen the AC, CW, and Mannequins. Replace the empty buildings with shopping and dining, and provide daytime entertainment. Everyone wins. Downtown Disney for the most part is dead during the day anyway, especially the West Side.

I'm glad to hear the Kungalooshes sold on Saturday. That warms my heart:)

I think the main reason the kingalooshes sold out is because of the relatively close date of the closure of Adv Club. If they did away with the building and built in a bar as someone suggested... it would be forgotten soon, and the bar would be just that... a bar that sells something familiar.

I don't doubt the fans of the Adv Club, ( I consider myself as one), but once demo and replacement happens, some of that magical spirit will go away for good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom