News Disney launching 'Play Disney Parks' app this summer

KBLovedDisney

Yay.

Now people in front of me have more incentive to stop moving forward because they are too busy looking at their phones for a "play" app, leaving more empty spaces and line back ups...

SlushyMessyAsp-max-1mb.gif

Welp, this gives me a good reason now to walk around with a car horn.

MaC410

Really excited for this and I can't wait to try it out on our next trip. Love the idea of having fun and interactive things to do when standing in a long line. I use my phone a ton while in the parks in order to keep getting fastpasses so having this will be a lot of fun.

Kevin_W

Yay.

Now people in front of me have more incentive to stop moving forward because they are too busy looking at their phones for a "play" app, leaving more empty spaces and line back ups...

You do realize that people stopping in line (for the Space Mountain game or anything else) has absolutely no effect on how long it takes you to get on the ride, right?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You do realize that people stopping in line (for the Space Mountain game or anything else) has absolutely no effect on how long it takes you to get on the ride, right?
Thank you.

Also, for those who are bashing on us young whipper snappers for playing this handy dandy game... You guys can go ahead and just wait in line without the game. No one is stopping you. Us, however, don't really wanna wait an hour in line with absolutely nothing to do. Literally the main complaint from anyone that ever goes to Disney is waiting in line and being bored.

Honestly, I'm quite happy I live in the age of smart phones.

KBLovedDisney

Thank you.

Also, for those who are bashing on us young whipper snappers for playing this handy dandy game... You guys can go ahead and just wait in line without the game. No one is stopping you. Us, however, don't really wanna wait an hour in line with absolutely nothing to do. Literally the main complaint from anyone that ever goes to Disney is waiting in line and being bored.

Honestly, I'm quite happy I live in the age of smart phones.

Honestly, the game itself is not the issue I have with it. It is when people stop taking notice of their surroundings and have like six people spaces ahead of them. I don't care if it takes me over 2hrs to ride Space Mountain just because I am waiting in line. That never bothers me. It is when I see people just not paying attention. THAT is what bothers me.

Same goes with texting and driving. People not paying attention to whats around them.

Drives me bonkers.

MrPromey

They already are doing that with the new E-tickets. Flight of passage, Battle Escape, Millennium Falcon, MMRR, GotG, all have huge seemingly elaborate queues. The only ones that are sub-par are the C/D tickets

Thanks to the way that FP+ changes the flow of older queues though, they need to go back and revisit the existing attractions... What was there before was fine when the line was constantly moving for most of them but now that they aren't, it just isn't.

Missing20K

Let me see if I understand this. Disney knows wait times are so bad they created an app to distract the guest instead of increasing capacity through new attractions, shows, food and retail? I feel like a broken record.

Can't argue the dollars and cents. Far less expensive to create an app than to build anything in the analog world.

How immersive.

MaC410

Disney knows wait times are so bad they created an app to distract the guest instead of increasing capacity through new attractions, shows, food and retail?

Instead of? They just built a whole new land in Animal Kingdom, they just finished building a new land in Hollywood Studios and are continuing to build another even more immersive land in HS, they are also building new attractions in Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Why ignore that stuff?

Missing20K

Instead of? They just built a whole new land in Animal Kingdom, they just finished building a new land in Hollywood Studios and are continuing to build another even more immersive land in HS, they are also building a new attractions in Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Why ignore that stuff?

Pandora took over, and expanded an existing land. Yes it increased capacity, I will give you that. DHS was so far under capacity it needs the two new lands to even be considered a full day park. GotG is another refurb and may or may not add capacity. Rat is a welcome addition, I loved the DLP version and area. MK added Belle's Castle and a few other food options or enhanced options.

I'm not ignoring what they have done, but trying to point out how much more they still need to do to keep up with the increased demand for park resources.

EDIT: I wonder if the allusion to the app being used in SGE could indicate anything regarding the use of an app in the SW resort?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom