News Disney launching 'Play Disney Parks' app this summer

GlacierGlacier

I say forget building apps for people to stare at their phones in the queue, and instead sink the money into making wonderfully elaborate queues that stand on their own.
They already are doing that with the new E-tickets. Flight of passage, Battle Escape, Millennium Falcon, MMRR, GotG, all have huge seemingly elaborate queues. The only ones that are sub-par are the C/D tickets

Fable McCloud

I see this as another battery drainer. When we went last time my Fiance and I kept our phone use to only when we were stuck in a spot for a long time, such as a ride queue that didn't move very fast or waiting for the fireworks. I enjoy chatting and observing what's around me, especially at Disney. I can Facebook at home or at the hotel.

Rlandrigan

It's really not an either or, y'all. This is a clever way to help those guests currently using phones to distract from wait times, and getting pulled out of the 'bubble', to stay immersed - on their terms. A 45+ minute wait sucks. While they need to improve that, this is an immediate answer to something that takes nothing away from the park.

So ignore it if you don't like it, but stop being so hostile to people finding ways to make standing still bearable:p

Pixieish

They could really have fun with this - scavenger hunts (that change depending on where you are and what day it is), "find the clues" games like Agent P, "achieve this goal, and xyz attraction's queue will respond...they could make it so you HAVE to interact with the people and environment around you...which is what I hope they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom