News Disney launching 'Play Disney Parks' app this summer

Jones14

This App is really just a way to consolidate a few future endeavors for queue entertainment, without needing to install additional infrastructure. This is already being used as a portal to Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure and the Soarin’ Challenge.
That sounds like a good thing to me. Makes it easier to utilize the interactive queues they have while adding easy, non-intrusive elements to new ones.

Gringrinngghost

This App is really just a way to consolidate a few future endeavors for queue entertainment, without needing to install additional infrastructure. This is already being used as a portal to Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure and the Soarin’ Challenge.
The MyDisneyWorld app already tells you about Agent P

Disneyson

Sort of surprised that there’s really only four “original games” on the app. Also surprised there’s no trivia or badges for the two “Edutainment” parks, where it makes a lot of sense to have educational games.

Magic Kingdom:
- Peter Pan’s Flight Game
- Space Mountain Game
- Trivia (Magic Kingdom, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland)
- Badges (Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Small World, Philharmagic, Mine Train, Barnstormer, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear)

Epcot:
- Soarin’ Game (Already Existed)
- Agent P (UK, France, Japan, Germany, China, Mexico, Already Existed)

Hollywood Studios:
- Toy Story Mania Game
- Slinky Dog Dash Game
- Trivia (Hollywood Studios, Toy Story Land)
- Badges (Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster, Tower)

Animal Kingdom:
- Animal Expeditions (Tree Of Life, Gorilla Falls, Rafiki’s Planet Watch, Majarajah Jungle Trek)

THINGS THAT ARE ALREADY OUTDATED:
- Green Aliens in Tomorrowland
- The Universe Of Energy
- Marquee on Susnset Blvd. says “Villains in Vogue”
- Baloo and Louie sign in Asia

Gringrinngghost

Sort of surprised that there’s really only four “original games” on the app. Also surprised there’s no trivia or badges for the two “Edutainment” parks, where it makes a lot of sense to have educational games.

Magic Kingdom:
- Peter Pan’s Flight Game
- Space Mountain Game
- Trivia (Magic Kingdom, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland)
- Badges (Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Small World, Philharmagic, Mine Train, Barnstormer, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear)

Epcot:
- Soarin’ Game (Already Existed)
- Agent P (UK, France, Japan, Germany, China, Mexico, Already Existed)

Hollywood Studios:
- Toy Story Mania Game
- Slinky Dog Dash Game
- Trivia (Hollywood Studios, Toy Story Land)
- Badges (Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster, Tower)

Animal Kingdom:
- Animal Expeditions (Tree Of Life, Gorilla Falls, Rafiki’s Planet Watch, Majarajah Jungle Trek)

THINGS THAT ARE ALREADY OUTDATED:
- Green Aliens in Tomorrowland
- The Universe Of Energy
- Marquee on Susnset Blvd. says “Villains in Vogue”
- Baloo and Louie sign in Asia

There are badges for DAK, and Epcot (Soarin'). A question mentions UoE for Epcot and one for WoM.

MileZXO

I have the app but haven't really looked into it much, I must say some of the Trivia is difficult..

Definitely be using it during the queues for TSL in Sept.

Disneyson

There are badges for DAK, and Epcot (Soarin'). A question mentions UoE for Epcot and one for WoM.

That’s funny, my iOS version of the app doesn’t have badges in these two parks...

Attachments

• 8E5DFFE5-77C3-4E02-BB63-AE087BF4F086.png
    8E5DFFE5-77C3-4E02-BB63-AE087BF4F086.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 256

Gringrinngghost

That’s funny, my iOS version of the app doesn’t have badges in these two parks...
You have to earn the badges I'm referring to.
Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 1.21.02 PM.png

Fun Tidbits, I found in the app, Credit Card Logos, and icons for APs, DVC, Club 33, FP+, Linking to Dining and hotel, park hours, show times, tickets, among a slew of others including food orders. These are indeed shared resources.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
iOS has trivia in all parks too I believe

Edit: just tried the Peter Pan game and the Space Mountain game. They do work when not in the parks. I’m currently in NJ and no problem.

Coming soon - a pop-up window if you are playing and not at WDW: "We noticed you aren't currently in a Disney park. Would you like to book a MAGICAL!!! Walt Disney World Resort vacation today?"

;)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I like all of the little Easter eggs, like that they already have the Tron Lightcycles (just an image of the lightcycles, not the actual ride building representation) on the Magic Kingdom Map, the Porg at the far end of the entrance road on the Hollywood Studios Map, and R2D2 where Galaxy's Edge will be in Disnayland....

Kevin_W

I really want to do the trivia at home but if they don't frequently update the app with new trivia questions the trivia will probably be stale by the time our next trip comes haha!

Given the way Disney has updated their other apps over time, and Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom in the park... I wouldn't count on it.

cosmicgirl

I can't access the games even when I pretend to be in the queue. Nothing happens. The play button simply remains locked.
AK and DHS are locked and there is nothing music-related to be found. I'm on Oreo btw, so it's not due to having an older OS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom