Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

PatriciaH

Do they have internal marketing staff or is it outsourced. Some of the creative isn't bad but the message is so badly fractured, it looks like it's always an afterthought rather than a major demand driver.

There is a whole Disney marketing department in Celebration Place. Yellow Shoes is the creative division. Some things are outsourced too.

TP2000

Actually I heard it was a sort of dropped on both resorts. DLR was lucky to be able to pull the Diamond Horseshoe Review back together for the beginning of this. That wasn't an option for WDW.

Interesting.

So if Burbank (or whomever) only gave Disneyland and WDW a limited time (get it?) to react to this new promotion, that still doesn't reflect well on the ability of WDW management to respond to such instructions. Disneyland pulled together a famous old show that Walt Disney adored, and kicked it off on the first day looking as fresh and polished and nicely budgeted as when Walt Disney and Mrs. Disney were still sitting in his private box on stage right.

Golden Horseshoe Revue Returns to Frontierland for Limited Time Magic
IMG_1324-M.jpg

Disneyland even has nice card stock reservation tickets for the Golden Horseshoe Revue you get from the reservation podium, and notice the little "Limited Time Magic" marketing logo on the bottom of the ticket stub.

IMG_0494-M.jpg

If Burbank didn't give the parks much notice that this thing was coming their way, then it makes the Disneyland offerings thus far seem even more impressive.

And if WDW management is wandering around Team Disney Orlando grumbling to cubicle walls that "We didn't get much notice on this thing!", then they need to stop complaining and get out there and start doing something. And putting Donald Duck in a flannel shirt at the Canada pavilion for a "Limited Time!" isn't quite what folks had in mind, I don't think. ;)

TP2000

The Limited Time Magic at the Canada Pavilion has started. Here's the video of the Limited Time fun, although the snow flurries had a hard time getting going for this one. You can kind of see a flurry or two towards the end.

71jason

Tried to check out the flurries yesterday. Limited time is apparently limited to before 5 p.m.

On the plus side, found out for the Drinking Disney site that the bakery in France will sell you beer or wine at breakfast. Maybe an early morning happy hour should be next week's event.

ExtinctJenn

I think what I find annoying about how WDW is using this promotion - It's things they should be doing anyway.
I kind of agree with you there... these little "surprises" are a fantastic idea but not so much for a promotion as much as for a new way of doing things. I'd love it if anytime I went there was a chance I'd see something I'd not seen before that was just randomly done because they felt like it. My gut tells me that the reason this is a sort of "lack luster" promotion is because the greater budget was/is spent on the FLE, TT2.0 and all the refurbs happening across property. That's not necessarily a bad thing but when it's promoted heavily as a big deal, it kind of gives that sarcastic "whoopie" feeling.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The Limited Time Magic at the Canada Pavilion has started. Here's the video of the Limited Time fun, although the snow flurries had a hard time getting going for this one. You can kind of see a flurry or two towards the end.

Weaker then I thought it would be...

And my expectations were set on low.

OKWBamaJim

I am never negative about seeing special things in the park, but this was crap. Where was the fun? The girls got pictures, but it just lacked. The cast at the 360 was not impressed either. One of the young ladies at the pavilion said that when they saw what they were getting, even the management team was asking where the rest of the magic was at. Oh, on a side note..WDW if you have Chip and Dale at Canada doing their thing, you might not want to have them outside of innoventions in front of The Land. That was not an easy job to explain to the four yearl old....

I did get to take the survey about the last shop they have at Canada that has not been boarded up. Cast Member: "What was the most dissappointing thing in the merchadise shop?" Me: "Blankets that advertise Canada on the lable but have, 'Made In Mexico.' on the back" LOL! Told her they should just combine the two pavilions!

mm52200

Literally every single one of those characters appears somewhere else in the park outdoors...Donald's right across the lagoon, Daisy at the entrance, and Chip and Dale by the Land which is pretty close to Canada...

asianway

Literally every single one of those characters appears somewhere else in the park outdoors...Donald's right across the lagoon, Daisy at the entrance, and Chip and Dale by the Land which is pretty close to Canada...
Since when has Epcot given a damn about character integrity? Have you seen a recent training class?

MissM

Just got a Passholder email about it:

Dear Passholder,

Disney memories last a lifetime. But the window in which you can make your memories can sometimes be limited. Before you know it, your little princesses and pirates will be trading in their crowns and bandanas for graduation caps.

So throughout 2013, we're sprinkling a little extra pixie dust over our Disney Parks-to make yours and your family's special time together more magical than ever.

Here's a sampling of what Limited Time Magic has in store for you this year:
Long-Lost Friends Week Jan 21-27, 2013
Magic Kingdom® at Walt Disney World

Long-lost Disney friends are returning to Magic Kingdom Park to meet you and your family! From January 21-27, be sure to have your camera ready, as it may be a rare chance to brush shoulders with classic characters like Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar, Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, The Three Little Pigs and more surprises!

True Love Week Feb 11-17, 2013
Magic Kingdom

Cinderella Castle will blush pink and red while lovebirds celebrate a week filled with royal Prince and Princess Meet 'N' Greets and limited-edition Disney Valentine collectibles.

Independence Week July 1-7, 2013
Magic Kingdom

The 4th of July is seven days long this year as Disney salutes America with a spectacular 4th of July Fireworks Party. Everything will be red, white and blue, from the fireworks and Cinderella Castle down to special-edition U.S.A. shirts, ear hats and other patriotic souvenirs.

Unleash the Villains Friday, Sep 13, 2013
Disney's Hollywood Studios®

The Disney villains are so excited about Friday the 13th, they're taking over Disney's Hollywood Studios®! Join in the fun for a night of mischief and a villainous dance party that will last until the 13th hour (1 a.m.).

They also tell you:​
Keep up to date on Limited Time Magic announcements by checking LimitedTimeMagic.com and follow us on Facebook.

menamechris

I have to assume that those will be the only "major" limited time magic events this year. They seem to be promoting all of them an awful lot...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom