Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

Joseph Robinson

I went with an ex on Valentines Day a couple of years ago, nothing special was happening in the Magic Kingdom from what we saw. It was really crowded that day though...weird.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Probably a stupid question, but has anyone gone to photograph these events?

Is it a 'big deal' in the parks? Are there banners up advertising what's going on? Stages? Is it widely known?

I'm rather curious what's going on... it seems every 'major' event WDW/DL has had, someone has a ton of pictures posted... am I just overlooking it?

:\

Side note, Im hoping the week of May 5th isn't "the country bears costumed characters that scare the holy hell out of Soarin' Over Pgh" week.

Rook26

Is there going to be LTM every week this year or just weeks that they can theme to a holiday or another event? I ask because we will be down Jan 26th - Feb 3rd.

parker4fm

Guys & gals...go to the Limited Time Magic site and it will give you the info you need. These are surprises (in Disney speak) and not all of them will be promoted far in advance. Typically we will find out the Friday before what the magic will be the next week.

Kyle Kirkland

Yesterday I went to Winter Wonderland in the Canada section of Epcot. WHAT A WASTE! It was the most unimpressive thing I have ever seen promoted at WDW. I had to go ask the girl in the Canada store if that was it- She told me " Yea, sad isnt it?! I asked "Why did they advertise this if it was just a few characters and one snow machine and about 8 small Christmas trees?" She said that all of the workers in Canada were extremely dissapointed in it. The exec's taked it up to be this major event, and all they got was that. I let guest relations know that everyone in my party wasn't pleased with the "event" if you can call it that. Lets hope for something a little grander in scale in the near future with this "Limited Time Magic"

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
So DL is getting Year of the Snake at DCA Feb. 8-11. Looks like WDW has something better! :D
So DL is getting Year of the Snake at DCA Feb. 8-11. Looks like WDW has something better! :D
DL is doing 2 events that week one in each park that feature performers, special food and M&Gs. I'm glad WDW is pulling out the Long Lost Friends but in the Grand Scheme DL is winning so far.

asianway

DL is doing 2 events that week one in each park that feature performers, special food and M&Gs. I'm glad WDW is pulling out the Long Lost Friends but in the Grand Scheme DL is winning so far.
Yep-Bayou Bash has meet n greets and special food items at every NOS dining location plus the lite version of the Showboat Jubilee. Oh, and they're still using live singers there rather than the lip synching Wdw employs

midwest_mice

Yesterday I went to Winter Wonderland in the Canada section of Epcot. WHAT A WASTE! It was the most unimpressive thing I have ever seen promoted at WDW. I had to go ask the girl in the Canada store if that was it- She told me " Yea, sad isnt it?! I asked "Why did they advertise this if it was just a few characters and one snow machine and about 8 small Christmas trees?" She said that all of the workers in Canada were extremely dissapointed in it. The exec's taked it up to be this major event, and all they got was that. I let guest relations know that everyone in my party wasn't pleased with the "event" if you can call it that. Lets hope for something a little grander in scale in the near future with this "Limited Time Magic"
I saw this last week as well and thought What a Joke. Now if they did it in every Country in World Showcase and had a wider variety of charecters, then it would've been better.

dreamfinder

I saw this last week as well and thought What a Joke. Now if they did it in every Country in World Showcase and had a wider variety of charecters, then it would've been better.

There are still another 49ish weeks left in the year. Plenty of time to give each WS country their own opportunity.

dreamfinder

Did anyone notice that the sign says Robin Hood and Duck Tales, does that mean that later in the day they will have LaunchPad, Huey, Duey, and Louie, as well as Scrooge and Ludvig? Man I hope so!

Maybe it was just the most recent point of reference for Scrooge? Has he been in any of the more recent shows? I don't think he has had a rebirth lately like Pete or Hook/Smee. A quick search indicates that Ludwig was only in 1 episode of DuckTales, so thats a bit of a stretch to say they were DuckTales characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom