Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

robw1997

Ok, is it just me or does "LTM" seem to be the worst Disney campaign yet? The events are not announced EVERY Friday, and they do not seem to be anything worth advertising. Also, is this an addition to Let The Memories Begin or is that over now??????

nytimez

If they just did these things with no announcement and had no campaign built around it, it would be kind of fun to stumble on them randomly while in the parks.

But, as a campaign, it's actually worse than "Let the Memories Begin," which I had previously believed to be second-worst of all time, after Birthday Cake Castle.

JimboJones123

I have found the Golden Horseshoe and Winter Wonderland to be adorable and charming treats.

To each their own, you entitled bitter Bettys. I have no idea why so many people are so selfish when it comes to Disney.

HMF

Year of a Million Dreams was without a doubt the worst campaign in Parks history. The fact that they treated it as if it were an actual milestone celebration was laughable, The decorations were horrendous and you could tell that the whole point of it was because the higher-ups noticed that the 18-month long celebrations for meaningful events generated lots of park revenue and YOAMD coming right off Disneyland's 50th just screamed Disney's marketing people saying "we don't have any milestone this year (Epcot's 25th Anniversary notwithstanding which only lasted one day and fans had to shame them into it.) , But of course what they failed to realize is having a Celebration every year makes them less meaningful. One thing I liked about "Let the Memories Begin" is that it was treated as a marketing slogan only rather than Disney attempting to make it an actual "Celebration". I do think the difference is Tom Staggs taking the reins from Rasulo, Sure he's not perfect but his marketing strategies are not any where near as obnoxious as Rasulo's were. That said I think the proximity of the words "Limited" and "Magic" is unfortunate.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I'm not entirely sure what people were expecting from this "campaign." Personally, I had very little expectations for it. In fact, I initially interpreted it as just something they were doing during the busy holiday season to help absorb crowds. I was surprised to hear them announce anything today as I had figured they were done with events outside of the ear hats. Clearly the events they are putting together are not meant to be something you plan an entire trip around. They are just little bonus things mainly accessible to locals and those who are in the right place at the right time. Fine by me. I'm not a local, but I don't feel cheated or anything. Hell, haven't people been complaining for years that WDW doesn't respect its locals? (much unlike the culture of DL) Here is something primarily for the locals to enjoy if they so choose. Get over it and move on.

Next Big Thing

As one pointed out on twitter today, the best to come of this campaign so far is that there is no crappy in-park tie ins associated with this, cluttering up the parks. And that's likely because (on the surface it seems at least) the budget is so minimal for the whole promotion, that they don't have the money to spend on crap like that.

Disneyhead'71

I should say that I have heard that there is better stuff coming. I was told this was sort of a last minute surprise for TDO, and they are scrambling right out of the gate.

HMF

As one pointed out on twitter today, the best to come of this campaign so far is that there is no crappy in-park tie ins associated with this, cluttering up the parks. And that's likely because (on the surface it seems at least) the budget is so minimal for the whole promotion, that they don't have the money to spend on crap like that.
Thank goodness for that. I would hate to see stuff like this again.
yoamd_studios2008.jpg

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.

Again, fine by me. I think the lack of in park flotsam is further proof that this whole Limited Time Magic thing was never really meant to be a "campaign" on the scale of Year of a Million Dreams or any of the anniversary celebrations. Personally, I am fine with a year going by in WDW without there being some sort of wacky marketing campaign going on. I can't remember the last time that actually happened. Sometime prior to the 25th anniversary I guess?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Thank goodness for that. I would hate to see stuff like this again.
yoamd_studios2008.jpg

Indeed. I think the banner on one or two poles would have sufficed. 8 consecutive poles on both sides of the street is just absurd. 32 pieces of fabric all saying the same thing is a visual assault.

Sans Souci

I have found the Golden Horseshoe and Winter Wonderland to be adorable and charming treats.

To each their own, you entitled bitter Bettys. I have no idea why so many people are so selfish when it comes to Disney.

Weren't you the one who started the thread kvetching about losing a portion of your AP discount, Pot?

Cmdr_Crimson

Ok, is it just me or does "LTM" seem to be the worst Disney campaign yet? The events are not announced EVERY Friday, and they do not seem to be anything worth advertising. Also, is this an addition to Let The Memories Begin or is that over now??????

I Agree and even tho they stated that LTM has started why have all the crap with the picture frames in front of the MK Train Station for Let the Memories begin still up..DL Was smart to remove it when it was officially over..

I can honestly say I'm sure people will still come to the parks even without a Gimmick!

TP2000

I should say that I have heard that there is better stuff coming. I was told this was sort of a last minute surprise for TDO, and they are scrambling right out of the gate.

A surprise for TDO? What happened, no one delivered the telegram from Burbank to them? The long distance operator couldn't get an open line to Orlando? :D

Somehow LTM wasn't a "surprise" for Team Disney Anaheim.

If there's an excuse floating around TDO that "we didn't get enough warning on this!" as a way to excuse the very poor showing for LTM thus far, that might have worked 20 years ago. But with YouTube and message boards showing what's happening on the other coast, it's quite obvious that this wasn't really a surprise and Anaheim had plenty of warning to kick it off right.

Now, maybe Anaheim will drop the ball and the rest of their LTM stuff after February will be total junk, and TDO will pull something really cool together. But a "surprise" that left them "scrambling" to put something together for January? That's not a valid excuse, not even a creative one.

Disneyhead'71

Actually I heard it was a sort of dropped on both resorts. DLR was lucky to be able to pull the Diamond Horseshoe Review back together for the beginning of this. That wasn't an option for WDW.

Next Big Thing

Actually I heard it was a sort of dropped on both resorts. DLR was lucky to be able to pull the Diamond Horseshoe Review back together for the beginning of this. That wasn't an option for WDW.
Is there any chance we'll see it at some point during the promotion? I'm guessing no, but holding out hope...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom