Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

Kuhio

It's nice to see these rare characters out and about, but many of them are part of the foundation of Walt Disney's animation legacy. There's no reason why they should only be appearing for a single week during a special event.

In fact, they're "long lost" only because TDO has chosen to focus on the Fab Five, the Princesses, Stitch, Tinker Bell, and one or two others almost to the complete exclusion of an incredibly rich and diverse array of characters that are central to the Disney heritage in their own ways.

These choices are symptomatic of a general dumbing-down of the Disney brand that seems to have found its greatest expression at WDW.

The nephews are not even available at WDW

What, seriously? I can't believe the Disney's Magical Express welcome video lied to me...

parker4fm

I understand that WDW does not have to go "all out" like Disneyland, but there are a few things that they could easily do. Disneyland has to do a lot to keep the AP holders coming back. That said, wouldn't it be great to see the Lunar New Year celebration at the China Pavillion? I'm still holding out hope that we see the Diamond Horseshoe make a come back!

asianway

Funny how characters are more "active" at other parks. Geppetto and Pinocchio are on Main Street pretty much everyday in California.
Yes, although Jiminy is rare in CA. Xmas parade is the only place I've seen him. All three are random at various places in WDW. Calling them lost friends is a stretch...

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Does anyone know which characters are/will be out during "True Love Week"?
From Disney's Press releases it sounds like the Princesses and their significant others.

True Love Week Feb 11-17, 2013 -Magic Kingdom
Cinderella Castle will blush pink and red while lovebirds celebrate a week filled with royal Prince and Princess Meet 'N' Greets and limited-edition Disney Valentine collectibles.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The bloggers & lifestylers that were out today in full force would disagree

Got to get your picture taken with Scrooge I guess. Not sure why that is so magical though. IMO the characters are way over done to begin with. They are becoming to central to the parks, and I don't particularly like or understand it.

We should be thankful they are doing something they should have been all along?

Three Little Pigs meeting in the MK should not be akin to a full solar eclipse

I don't get the all the negativity to this. It's nice that their doing something different, and people who enjoy the charachters will get a kick out of it.

RogueHabit

It maybe somewhere in the depths of this topic, but 34 pages IS a lot... My question is whether there is a fuller list of the various "weeks" throughout the year? I would like to see what we might expect from our 2 weeks in Ocotober.

dreamfinder

It maybe somewhere in the depths of this topic, but 34 pages IS a lot... My question is whether there is a fuller list of the various "weeks" throughout the year? I would like to see what we might expect from our 2 weeks in Ocotober.

Nope. Outside of those 4 weeks posted in the AP newsletter, everything else has been announced very short term.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom