Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

Kuhio

Now that we're more than halfway through the year, I have to agree that Limited Time Magic was a pretty big-time fail on all levels.

There's been no apparent marketing of the promotion whatsoever to the vast majority of the parks' guests. We get Disney parks commercials on TV all the time, but they're all the generic "family vacation" ad -- I haven't seen a single one that even alludes to LTM, nor have I seen any banner ads on the internet either. What's worse, there's no hint of the promotion on the official Disney website for either WDW or DL. To the extent casual or "once in a lifetime" visitors might be intrigued by the promotion, you're not going to draw them in if they have no idea it even exists.

The only people who are likely to be aware of Limited Time Magic to any significant degree are relatively dedicated Disney fans. But, for the most part, the LTM offerings have been widely panned by the fan community as uninspired and less than compelling -- especially the events at WDW. To the extent some of the LTM offerings might be of interest -- like "Long Lost Friends" -- they're of such short duration, and announced on such relatively short notice, that it's extremely difficult for most non-local visitors to plan a vacation around them. (And, since LTM events aren't anywhere close to being equal in quality, there's little incentive to just visit "whenever" with the assurance that you'll likely appreciate whatever it is that's going on when you happen to be there.)

That leaves the local/AP fanbase, which has the greatest ability to patronize the parks for a LTM event even on short notice. But APers' tickets are essentially already paid for, and I doubt the additional revenue they bring in by buying a "limited time sundae" or T-shirt really justifies the cost of the promotion.

Certainly with regard to WDW, LTM has been a complete dud. At this point, I'm sure Disney would rather just stop coming up with new things and hope people forget there was ever a 2013 promotion in the first place...

GiveMeTheMusic

It's just mind numbing. Would it really have been that hard to assign a few of the many mid-level execs to work out a calendar in advance? There's no way this stuff isn't just flying out of them at the last second. Eye Scream Sundae? Ornaments that were going to be released anyway?

I mean really - give me a few days and I could fill 52 weeks with more interesting crap than that. It really illustrates just how out of touch they are.

devoy1701

I think it should have been 12 distinct events, one per month, that were unique and not solely shopping/food related. More flexibility in marketing, creating, and organizing the events.

Agreed. And they could have released the events in advanced...atleast every quarter or so to allow us to plan. I remember the only event I was mildly upset about missing was a Disneyland event when they brought back the original Golden Horseshoe Revue for about 10 days (missed it by about 2 weeks). If they had done similar events here at WDW, it might have convinced me to to buy a pass again...or atleast some park hoppers so we could check out a few of the events. But I wasn't going to go out of my way so I could buy an Eye Scream Sundae.... absurd!

Soarin' Over Pgh

I was starting my scrapbook (don't judge me) on my first WDW trip (May 2013) and realized that I don't have one single piece of anything with this years advert campaign. No LTM brochure, flyer, not even a photograph of an LTM flag hanging in the park.

If you look through my Disneyland albums you'll see the campaign for each year I was there and what happened in the park to coincide with it.

This year, not so much. :\ I'm replacing the campaign spot with extra photos of the Polynesian... because lord knows I'll never be able to afford that place again.

asianway

I was starting my scrapbook (don't judge me) on my first WDW trip (May 2013) and realized that I don't have one single piece of anything with this years advert campaign. No LTM brochure, flyer, not even a photograph of an LTM flag hanging in the park.

If you look through my Disneyland albums you'll see the campaign for each year I was there and what happened in the park to coincide with it.

This year, not so much. :\ I'm replacing the campaign spot with extra photos of the Polynesian... because lord knows I'll never be able to afford that place again.
Its on the Times Guide for the park the event is being held in - if theres an event. And thats it

Soarin' Over Pgh

Its on the Times Guide for the park the event is being held in - if theres an event. And thats it

I was there for the three caballeros ...meet and greet... and I guess I didn't grab or look at the times guide for Epcot that day. Meh. Wasn't exciting anyhow, I didn't wait in the half hour long line to get a photo taken.

asianway

I was there for the three caballeros ...meet and greet... and I guess I didn't grab or look at the times guide for Epcot that day. Meh. Wasn't exciting anyhow, I didn't wait in the half hour long line to get a photo taken.
Actually...times guides run Sun-Sat. But LTM runs Mon-Sun, and they only have been promoting on the first weeks guide not the one that overlaps-my bad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom