Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

prberk

The official press release only lists one place buy them: at the "Chapeau Hat Shoppe in the Walt Disney World Resort".

First off, I am a Disney geek and don't even know where that is.

Second, they didn't even tell people which park it was in. Do you suppose that the copy writer for the press release didn't even know himself or herself? Either way it makes the most ineffective marketing campaign I have ever seen even worse.

Last edited:

Nmoody1

The official press release only lists one place buy them: at the "Chapeau Hat Shoppe in the Walt Disney World Resort".

First off, I am a Disney geek and don't even know where that is.

Second, they didn't even tell people which park it was in. Do you suppose that the copy righter for the press release didn't even know himself or herself? Either way it makes the most ineffective marketing campaign I have ever seen even worse.
I should think the copywriter thought 'meh' this is gonna get zero take up anyways so why bother giving any explanation.

Think it may also be a typo and meant to be chateau hat store.... Not 100% but makes a bit more sense!

prberk

I was starting my scrapbook (don't judge me) on my first WDW trip (May 2013) and realized that I don't have one single piece of anything with this years advert campaign. No LTM brochure, flyer, not even a photograph of an LTM flag hanging in the park.

If you look through my Disneyland albums you'll see the campaign for each year I was there and what happened in the park to coincide with it.

This year, not so much. :\ I'm replacing the campaign spot with extra photos of the Polynesian... because lord knows I'll never be able to afford that place again.

Doesn't this post just say it all about WDW these days?

I mean, a company that puts about $2 worth of effort into new product, but jacks the prices up so high that even what you used to be able to do (or at least consider doing) is completely out of reach now? And for what? The privilege of buying a trinket that looks the same as every other one they put out? Or a $17 refillable Coke cup?

I went to the Animal Kingdom last month and had one thing I wanted to buy: something for a friend concerning the Lion King. And guess what? All I found there was the same Mickey and friends merchandise I found at the MK. The home of lions and a Lion King show had almost NOTHING from the Lion King. Of all places, Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom shoulld have interesting and unique Lion King merchandise. But no -- only more of the same Mickey stuff from next door.

The shops at WDW used to be wonderful and unique. They don't even try any more. They just raise prices. And, you see, since there still are classic attractions or resorts that bring us back, they don't know the money or patronage that they are missing from the lack of INCREASED sales and fans who notice the difference, like we all used to. It is what made most of us loyal, and what is still needed today. But the increased prices and priming the pump of sameness masks it from them, unless they look and actually try to see.

They wouldn't have to jack up prices so much if they carried interesting and unique merchandise. I would buy more.

We know why Walt used to "walk the park" and be out among the guests. It cuts past the marketing and business school things that sometimes get in the way of the very thing they try to help.

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

Yes, it does.

And, for anyone wondering where the "Chapeau Hat Shoppe" is, it is apparently located next to "Main St. Confectionary" on Main Street USA, Magic Kingdom.
The hat shop is across from Tony's next to where the M&G Fastpass machines are.

prberk

I LOLd and got a strange look from both roommate and cat.

@prberk nailed it with the above statement. Thank you.

Thanks. I just wish they would look beyond the quaterly profit and loss statements, and really understand what they have; and what they used to do that inspired so much loyalty. They have the world's largest and most comprehensive resort -- one that was built on (and still has signs of) inspiration. Much more than just having a theme park or two. Wish they still understood that.

Last edited:

tnemgif

ltm102100LARGE.jpg
Why is the Mad Hatter on the "Villains" hat? o_O

Soarin' Over Pgh

Thanks. I just wish they would look beyond the quaterly profit and loss statements, and really understand what they have; and what it used to do that inspired so much loyalty. They have the world's largest and most comprehensive resort -- one that was built on (and still has signs of) inspiration. Much more than than just having a theme park or two. Wish they still understood that.

Wish they would care to understand that...I'd also settle for simply "caring".

stalkingmickey

Unleash the Villains Friday - September 13 2013
Disney's Hollywood Studios
The Disney villains are so excited about Friday the 13th, they're taking over Disney's Hollywood Studios! Join in the fun for a night of mischief and a villainous dance party that will last until the 13th hour (1 a.m.).

Is this a hard ticket party???

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Unleash the Villains Friday - September 13 2013
Disney's Hollywood Studios
The Disney villains are so excited about Friday the 13th, they're taking over Disney's Hollywood Studios! Join in the fun for a night of mischief and a villainous dance party that will last until the 13th hour (1 a.m.).

Is this a hard ticket party???
No it is a Limited Time Magic event and will just need normal ticket entry.

WDWYankee15

I heard they were thinking of naming the promotion "I bet you wish you had planned your vacation for this week!" Then they thought better of it.
I don't care what is going on this week ONLY or any other week, besides when I'll be there. Plus we have already been booked for 8 months so it is not like this promotion enticed us or anything. It could end up being a nice surprise. But let's be honest, I'll be there for "Dapper Dan's sing *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys!" I wouldn't be excited if it was *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys sing *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys, so I can guarantee that is what I'll get.

The promotion makes no sense at all. Book a trip in 2013 and get a surprise that may be worth something to you or be worth nothing at all. Whoooo Hoooo!:confused:

I called it 8 MONTHS AGO!!! "I'll be there for "Dapper Dan's sing *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys!" I wouldn't be excited if it was *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys sing *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys, so I can guarantee that is what I'll get."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom