Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I I was picking soups to represent each City I would do Cioppino (tomato based seafood stew) for SF and Crab (cream based or it's alittle different) soup for Baltimore the problem is they are both seafood towns being on bays. So the food is too similar.

TP2000

I I was picking soups to represent each City I would do Cioppino (tomato based seafood stew) for SF and Crab (cream based or it's alittle different) soup for Baltimore the problem is they are both seafood towns being on bays. So the food is too similar.

That's a great choice! I have had the best Cioppino ever in San Francisco, and Baltimore's soup would definitely be a crab offering.

But that would require planning and actual thought put into it. Let's be honest and admit they had to come up with something, and so "Soup-er Bowl" was invented using two soups already stocked for counter service restaurants by WDW's kitchen planning department.

The tenuous, or even non-existent, connection of either soup to the two Super Bowl cities wasn't even worried about by the WDW management who approved it, nor by the perky bloggers on Disney's corporate blog site who publicized it. They filed their stories and got 'em online before 3PM on a Friday, and out the door they go to enjoy their weekend. And their soup!

I just pity the poor college kids working at Cosmic Ray's this weekend who have to try and explain which soup is for which city, and why.

Figment82

As a native Marylander-turned Florida Resident, I'm almost tempted to go over to Cosmic Ray's and ask them about their choices. And anyone saying that the lobster represents Baltimore is just looking to pick a fight. ;) Although honestly, even if they did put some thought into it and made a Maryland crab soup offering, it would probably be an insult to the real deal anyway. It's for the best that it's just generic soup offerings.

Genie of the Lamp

For real, Lobster represents the Cape Cod/New England/Maine area. IMO, it's best they don't serve these soup offerings so they don't further damage and put shame on these great soups. Cosmic Rays is already bad as it is.

(I have some Maryland Crab Soup on me here in college, that's what I'll have for dinner tonight. Thanks for the tip.)

Figment82

Aw, you're killing me! I do enjoy living in Florida now, but the one thing I really, really miss about back home is the steamed crabs and crab soup. It's been over a year since I've been back and I'm craving it! I also need to order some Berger cookies...

Okay, back to the thread topic at hand!

WDWYankee15

Maybe DCA will also offer special soup next week? :cool:
No soup, but they will be serving this in honor of the Year of the Snake near the Indiana Jones ride.

snake-surprise-snake-dinner-surprise-august-13-food-demotivational-poster-1250169645.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
california is probably 'farming - tomato
maryland is seafood - lobster

even tho neither is a direct link.. farming/seafood is the best I could see in those offerings :)

TP2000

Here is the video of this weeks not so shabby offering of Limited Time Magic.
""

Oh, my. Well...

I can't decide which part was my favorite; the 2013 Camaro convertible going down circa 1905 Main Street USA, or the random 12 year olds from some Pop Warner football team shuffling along as the big finale' to this 98 second long presentation. :confused:

At least they are trying to offer up a different little thing for a unique weekend. Even if they aren't allowed to say or print the words "Super Bowl", at least they tried. Have some soup to celebrate!

Jakester

We're Goofy, Chip, & Dale still in CADCT?
Didn't watch CDCT, I had onboarding at Casting Center today and heard about this and decided to go and get a quick video of it. I'll probably be at Magic Kingdom whenever the superbowl mvp parade is, which by the way, Does anyone know which day next week it will be?

asianway

Didn't watch CDCT, I had onboarding at Casting Center today and heard about this and decided to go and get a quick video of it. I'll probably be at Magic Kingdom whenever the superbowl mvp parade is, which by the way, Does anyone know which day next week it will be?
Its usually Monday - they dont mess around

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom