Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

WDWYankee15

This seems like the 1st real kind of "MAGICal" week. I would rather they plan more of these types of things, run them for two weeks or so and advertise them a bit further out. Make them true events.

The reality is, is that this sounds nice, but lets face most of the people go there for this will just be there for this by dumb luck. They have probably had their plans for a while (6 month - 2 years out). Not a huge boost in attendance from people rushing to make plans for a trip 3 weeks away. Magically dinners???? Did you make your reservations for those 180 days ago, well too late then!

Like I have said before, I will end up with the week to vote on 2015's T-Shirt designs or Dapper Dans sing *NSYNC! Can't wait. Glad that Magic will be "LIMITED!!!":confused:

Soarin' Over Pgh

I wish they would release a list of what to expect for each week, but honestly... I don't think they even know what will be the following weeks 'promotion' until last minute.

Considering most people book vacations months in advance, it would be nice to know.

I'm hoping my upcoming trip isn't something utterly ridiculous- like N*Sync week. Or another 'vote for something stupid' week.

Yzma

I saw pictures of this. I was surprised to see Pinocchio. I thought he was pretty active. Did they change that? :/

He was removed from regular meet and greets last Spring - but appears randomly at Epcot and Studios.

Jiminy is the toughest of the bunch but you can still see him occasionally at the FW fountain in the mornings.

Berlioz said over on DIS that Jiminy was retired from Epcot in October (new bid). Knowing she works there, I was bummed to hear it, but know she's probably right.

I didnt find the Pinnochio or Robin Hood characters to be rare at all.

Robin Hood gang used to pop up with the new hires - but they were pulled from the rotation in 2011. The most recent photos I've seen of them are 2010.

Horace & Clarabelle are in the hoedown-doesn't get more common than that

Agree!! I think these 2 are pretty common.

I wish they would release a list of what to expect for each week, but honestly... I don't think they even know what will be the following weeks 'promotion' until last minute.

The whole year is planned. My managers talk about it and have mentioned some of the events in the summer and next fall. To be honest, not much sounded super impressive outside of the Long Lost Friends weeks. There are not weekly events, and some events are only a day not a week (like the villains). I asked about Tiana's Showboat and they said it wasn't planned. :(

I wonder if things aren't being announced so they can change them? At least, I hope so.

awoogala

seems like the best (although possibly schmaltzy) one yet.
Anyone else getting the feeling this is really a huge marketing test? Throw things in the park, see what works, what people scream about missing on boards, what they line up for.
Then it becomes a new permanent thing? I can see the Valentine's being tried out to see if it works, then making it another ticketed event eventually, like Halloween and Christmas.

Californian Elitist

seems like the best (although possibly schmaltzy) one yet.
Anyone else getting the feeling this is really a huge marketing test? Throw things in the park, see what works, what people scream about missing on boards, what they line up for.
Then it becomes a new permanent thing? I can see the Valentine's being tried out to see if it works, then making it another ticketed event eventually, like Halloween and Christmas.

In that case, I hope it is some sort of test because The Golden Horseshoe Revue tribute was really good and guests have been begging for it to stay. Maybe it'll happen.

Genie of the Lamp

Won't happen.

I tried getting reservations for May 8-11 (any day, any time!) yesterday and it's completely booked solid.

That sucks. I guess if you're desperate enough to try it out, you could dine their for lunch. But even that won't be an easy thing to do. You'll just have to take in the beauty of the exterior for BOG. Not as easy as getting Potato Patch fries at Kennywood huh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom