News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

James Alucobond

How is that a relevant comparison? Unless you're suggesting that the YouTuber in question went to the event with the intention of disliking it and complaining, the analogy doesn't hold at all.
That is literally what a vlogger does. They go to everything whether they think they'll like it or not in order to cover it. Movie reviewers who go to movies they don't like do not ask for their ticket to be refunded.

drew81

IMG_4903.jpeg

LittleBuford

Movie reviewers who go to movies they don't like do not ask for their ticket to be refunded.
This is another false analogy. Sticking with your cinema theme, here's one that actually works:

A group of people attend a movie screening. Because of technical issues, the quality of the sound and picture is off the entire time, rendering the film difficult to enjoy. This leads a good portion of those in the audience to ask for their money back after the screening. Among these people is a reviewer who's going to get paid for his review of the movie. That's the person you're criticising for asking for a refund.

Last edited:

Earlie the Pearlie

Disney doesn't seems to get WHY people like Figment and other original characters so much.
They have personalities, stories, and identities that are fleshed out through their attractions. Figment was not created for merchandise, he was created because HE WAS THE BEST WAY TO TELL THAT PARTICULAR STORY.
By playing up the new, official angle of "Figment was created to be a mascot for EPCOT because parks need mascots!" Disney is doing a great disservice to the creative genius of Tony Baxter and Steve Kirk.

Nobody likes Ollie because he exists to sell merchandise. He is on a few signs, and that is it.
Give him a meet-and-greet or a show or literally anything, and then we can talk about whether he "embodies the joyful spirit of the holidays" :rolleyes:
I’m very happy that this was the post that pushed me from “active member” to “well-known member”. Thanks, everyone!

James Alucobond

This is another false analogy. Sticking with your cinema theme, here's one that actually works:

A group of people attend a movie screening. Because of technical issues, the quality of the sound and picture is off the entire time, rendering the film difficult to enjoy. This leads a good portion of those in the audience to ask for their money back after the screening. Among these people is a reviewer who's going to get paid for his review of the movie. That's the person you're criticising for asking for a refund.
They experienced the event. The event is just not great and was (surprise) extremely crowded because it was opening night and people like the vlogger in question feel the need to be there first. If they're asking for refunds due to rain specifically, I'm perhaps more sympathetic. If it's because things were crowded, Rise was down, and the offerings were meager, welcome to the event (and Studios in general with Rise).

LittleBuford

They experienced the event. The event is just not great and was (surprise) extremely crowded because it was opening night and people like the vlogger in question feel the need to be there first. If they're asking for refunds due to rain specifically, I'm perhaps more sympathetic. If it's because things were crowded, Rise was down, and the offerings were meager, welcome to the event (and Studios in general with Rise).
Why frame your criticism in terms of vloggers only, though? "They experienced the event" applies to all who went that night. It seems to me you should be opposed to anyone asking for a refund.

Tha Realest

While I have general problems with many of these Vloggers, I don’t have a problem with them getting a refund if they were going to vlog it regardless. I think there’s a more valuable benefit to us being able to see these events, warts and all, than the comped commercials that many vloggers do.

James Alucobond

Why frame your criticism in terms of vloggers only, though? "They experienced the event" applies to all who went that night. It seems to me you should be opposed to anyone asking for a refund.
As I said initially, I think it's a fine line, and a refund is probably a right a vlogger is not entirely "wrong" to exercise. It just seems in poor taste because they're going to opening night 1) with the knowledge that it will be more packed than normal because their ilk is gumming up the works in order to shout "first!", 2) with the intent to monetize their review whether it is good or bad, 3) with the benefit that the experience being bad actually leads to more clicks in many cases, and 4) with the incentive to go to absolutely every event regardless of perceived quality because they want to generate content.

Compare the motive of "must consume all things Walt Disney World regardless of quality in order to create content for my channel" to "sounds like a fun thing for my family to do so that we can casually enjoy drinks and ride more rides". I am simply more sympathetic to the latter and feel that encountering duds is more a duty of the former if you're essentially making that your occupation.

Di$neyCPA

Any rumors of actual improvements they will make for remaining parties? Or are they just going to try to roll with this and hope that smaller crowds will make it work better?

JohnD

Any rumors of actual improvements they will make for remaining parties? Or are they just going to try to roll with this and hope that smaller crowds will make it work better?
We may just have to wait for on-site reports at the next party this Saturday 11/18.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom