News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
But for an event which is costing you $0.83 per minute per person,
If you paid for parking ($30), a full-round ticket and tax, you can make it a little less painful by charging all the parking to the driver -- it's $.92 per minute -- making it $.80 per minute for others in the party over 10.

SpectreJordan

Watched one blog where a guy was showing all the bloggers trying to get their reservation for Derby he pointed out Mr morrow. Said he knows he’ll make it in.

Sure enough Mr morrow and his crew got right it and had only glowing things to say.

So not everyone was being objective
Morrow was happy during the moment but at the end of the video it seems like thought it over & wasn't too happy with the event; he doesn't seem like the type of person to want to be negative in general though, so getting that reaction from him is rough. His friend Kristen actively poopooed on the event during her video lmao

This event sounds like such a disaster. It sounded so promising too; I really hope Disney wants to make this better instead of dropping it. :/

asianway

Morrow was happy during the moment but at the end of the video it seems like thought it over & wasn't too happy with the event; he doesn't seem like the type of person to want to be negative in general though, so getting that reaction from him is rough. His friend Kristen actively poopooed on the event during her video lmao

This event sounds like such a disaster. It sounded so promising too; I really hope Disney wants to make this better instead of dropping it. :/
Morrow knows no one watches until the end.

Chip Chipperson

The Teackers seem to have had the most positive review, but even that came with qualifications. Essentially, they said tou can enjoy the parry IF you don't care about drinking and you go straight to the first showing of the Muppets stage show. Even they pointed out the mess that was checking in for the event and mentioned the long waits for the Brown Derby (based on what others at the past told them) and Tip Top Club (based on what they saw when they went back there to check it out). They also said they didn't like having to pay Food & Wine Festival prices for food at an upcharge event. So even the best review I've seen has been a mixed bag at best (shows good, most everything else bad).

So I guess if you do t care about 2 of the biggest selling points (Brown Derby and Tip Top Club) and like short waits for rides then you'll enjoy yourself, but it really feels like a cartoonish swing and a miss where the batter spirals into the ground.

SpectreJordan

completely agree

I actually liked their ABC series... but it only went on for 1 season. might have been too adult-ish for families... but I enjoyed it
The ABC show is super funny. They should've toned down the sexual jokes though just to make it a bit more family friendly; those jokes are the only thing keeping it from being on the same level of family friendly as the original show though, the original wasn't particularly kiddy.
I think had Ollie actually been given a purpose beyond marketing he would have been well-received. How difficult would it have been to do quick 5 min projection shows scattered throughout the park using the character? A M&G? Even a Kidcot style coloring station would have been something. They did nothing to introduce us to this character.
He's a cute character but it's weird they seem to be proud of him but they don't have a M&G or show. I don't even think there's merch.

Touchdown

You know it just highlights how rediculous WDW can be sometimes. Quick name another theme park that paylocks their Christmas event behind a premium ticket. There isn’t one in the United States. Plenty do for Halloween, but that’s understandable when most have to hire an army of extra employees (scare actors) and design/put up haunted houses every year. People don’t expect that at Christmas, they expect lights and shows, considering those shows can run for years that is a much lower cost to putting on Christmas events which is why every other park in this country, including Disneyland don’t paylock their Christmas event. WDW adding a second event, with much less included at a lesser park was always going to fail spectacularly.

TrainsOfDisney

Plenty do for Halloween, but that’s understandable when most have to hire an army of extra employees (scare actors) and design/put up haunted houses every year.
It’s also helpful for Halloween events to make sure people know they are buying tickets for something actually scary.

Herschend Parks (Dollywood and Silver Dollar) have free Halloween events that are family friendly.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
He's a cute character but it's weird they seem to be proud of him but they don't have a M&G or show. I don't even think there's merch.
They didn't even offer guests his signature confectionary treat, The Laurel and Holly Lollipop. Ollie's wreath-shaped sucker treat includes gumdrop holly berry candies and is dusted in sugary snow sprinkles. Sealed with Ollie's trademark gold ribbon bowtie. Just $12.99

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom