News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

TTA94

If only they still had the Osborne Lights 🙄. Or a parade might help? Maybe even something small like Mickeys Happy Holidays from DCA?

Not sure how the reviews are at MK for Frozen Holiday Surprise replacing the castle lights, but I hope badly sometime soon WDW starts getting very bad entertainment reviews and forces them to make changes. Although maybe the bad reviews already got put into motion from the 50th?

jrhwdw

If only they still had the Osborne Lights 🙄. Or a parade might help? Maybe even something small like Mickeys Happy Holidays from DCA?

Not sure how the reviews are at MK for Frozen Holiday Surprise replacing the castle lights, but I hope badly sometime soon WDW starts getting very bad entertainment reviews and forces them to make changes. Although maybe the bad reviews already got put into motion from the 50th?
If that's true We haven't seen any changes at MK besides HEA returning. There were rumors about small Entertainment like, Trolley Dancers and MOUACT's Toy Soldier Band but nothing happened. There's never been any strong rumor referring FOF going back to normal(even with Brave missing)or MK actually Strongly considering another Night Parade!

I don't hate Frozen Holiday Surprise but I do see that MK needs Help!!!!!!!

FerretAfros

Disney is apparently claiming the gingerbread man mascot for the event is the "first original character created for WDW since Figment"

lol, lmao
Even if we assume that this was meant to be about the creation of some sort of park-wide mascot rather than an attraction-specific character (which, to be clear, was never Figment’s original intent), this claim doesn’t hold up to even the slightest bit of scrutiny. How quickly we forget Lagoona Gator and Ice Gator, who were specifically created for that very reason at Blizzard Beach…

1699796665548.jpeg

1699796470181.jpeg

And of course, these are in addition to the dozens of other characters (many already mentioned in this thread) that were created for specific instances throughout all of WDW since 1983. But, I guess, what better way to draw attention to your event than to creat a social media outrage frenzy about some inconsequential detail?

castlecake2.0

Studios is such a mess, half their stores are still closed, years later they still haven’t been able to do something with Starring Rolls and instead decide to make an ugly makeshift bar outside instead, animation courtyard and launch bay are wastelands, galaxy edge has ZERO energy. They spent billions and this is still the worst Disney park in the US, maybe even the world

Batman'sParents

Studios is such a mess, half their stores are still closed, years later they still haven’t been able to do something with Starring Rolls and instead decide to make an ugly makeshift bar outside instead, animation courtyard and launch bay are wastelands, galaxy edge has ZERO energy. They spent billions and this is still the worst Disney park in the US, maybe even the world
Don’t forget the Voyage of the Little Mermaid space.

pigglewiggle

This sounded really disappointing. Helps us to decide this isn't something we need to do.

Does anyone think that the amount of invited media and vloggers helped to make last night such a mess? Perhaps the other parties will have a better flow.

CampbellzSoup

This sounded really disappointing. Helps us to decide this isn't something we need to do.

Does anyone think that the amount of invited media and vloggers helped to make last night such a mess? Perhaps the other parties will have a better flow.

Invited media should never interfere with paying guests that’s ridiculous thankfully they seem to be somewhat honest about it not being good

Andrew25

After seeing everything so far, it feels like they were trying to push an expanded entertainment offering for the holidays, and some genius at corporate decided to make it an after-hours event.

The ideas sound great and all, but poorly executed. The Tip-Top club soiree should be moved to a dedicated space where they can actually theme it properly and expand its capacity.

I'd also have to imagine they could generate more revenue if they ran it during the entire holiday season compared to just 10 nights and make it a 2nd food festival.

It's amazing how Disney can charge nearly $200 for a ticket to a poorly designed event with very little entertainment/design while Universal works hard for a Halloween event is nearly half the price (and cheaper with Frequent Fear tickets).

VJ

not to "BACK IN MY DAY" into the conversation but i just wanna say that live music in a wdw show isn't (or at least shouldn't be) something that disney should be praised for - most of the castle shows put on until the early 2000s had a live band right there, included with park admission

TheMaxRebo

It might be a bit better as I have seen from a few people that went and were more focused on riding rides that they enjoyed it - but when there is nothing unique to the ride offerings, people looking for new stuff/new content won't bother with that so you probably had an extra disproportionate amount of people doing the entertainment and specialty food and drinks ...

BUT that is what the bulk of the marketing for this has been so unless they adjust logistics for how people access those things and increase food and bev locations, etc it will likely still be an issue

TheMaxRebo

not to "BACK IN MY DAY" into the conversation but i just wanna say that live music in a wdw show isn't (or at least shouldn't be) something that disney should be praised for - most of the castle shows put on until the early 2000s had a live band right there, included with park admission

If this show at the Hollywood Bowl was just part of the daily program during the holidays - even if used to help sell Genie+ or whatever - that would go over so we'll and motivate people to do a day at DHS during the holidays

Being behind a $159+ paywall is ridiculous

Andrew25

BUT that is what the bulk of the marketing for this has been so unless they adjust logistics for how people access those things and increase food and bev locations, etc it will likely still be an issue
This is what makes the event so strange, they emphasize the unique bars/lounges and all of the food & beverage opportunities... and yet are shocked that everyone wants to partake in them?

If this show at the Hollywood Bowl was just part of the daily program during the holidays - even if used to help sell Genie+ or whatever - that would go over so we'll and motivate people to do a day at DHS during the holidays

Being behind a $159+ paywall is ridiculous
This is my line of thinking. They could have easily sold a "Holiday Package" for $80+ with reserved seating for both shows and a separate dessert party/lounge while not impacting the regular guest experience.

SSH

If only they still had the Osborne Lights 🙄
Exactly what I was thinking. Can you just imagine the excitement if they brought that back as a party exclusive and plussed it up with the newer lights/tech now possible in recent years...then threw in some cocoa, cookies, candy canes, lotsa snow and some live street performers - a traveling piano player/singer like Disney Springs....a cappella carolers?

Every date would be sold out in mere hours.

And the saddest part is it's not that difficult - heck I see more dazzling holiday displays on the Great Light Fight TV show - and those families don't have a fraction of the tech and budget.

Why does this company thrive on disappointing guests with mediocre creativity, planning and execution when it's hardly rocket science to delight people?

Anyone on this forum could do so much better.

TTA94

Exactly what I was thinking. Can you just imagine the excitement if they brought that back as a party exclusive and plussed it up with the newer lights/tech now possible in recent years...then threw in some cocoa, cookies, candy canes, lotsa snow and some live street performers - a traveling piano player/singer like Disney Springs....a cappella carolers?

Every date would be sold out in mere hours.

And the saddest part is it's not that difficult - heck I see more dazzling holiday displays on the Great Light Fight TV show - and those families don't have a fraction of the tech and budget.

Why does this company thrive on disappointing guests with mediocre creativity, planning and execution when it's hardly rocket science to delight people?

Anyone on this forum could do so much better.

Exactly. It’s ridiculous and the only way things are going to change is when the vast majority start speaking out. But as long as these events continue to sell out nothing is going to get done.

Last edited:

TDLFan

I truly believe there are way too many new people in management who never went to Disney, took the job because it looks good on the resume, and have no idea what we're talking about when we address how Disney use to excel at these things and be the very best. I truly believe they have no idea. It's the only explanation.

Andrew25

Because they know they can get away with taking advantage of their dedicated fans by creating sky-high ticket prices with minimal effort put in to improve profits.

And, honestly, I can't blame them if people continue to reward them by paying these premiums, buying merchandise, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom