News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
For those who went - I am still a little confused on the interaction of ToT and the Tip Top Club. If you ride ToT, do you exit through the "soiree," or is there a bypass? Likewise, if you want to experience the thing, are you able to enter both independently of the ride and by riding?

Animaniac93-98

Studios is such a mess, half their stores are still closed, years later they still haven’t been able to do something with Starring Rolls and instead decide to make an ugly makeshift bar outside instead, animation courtyard and launch bay are wastelands, galaxy edge has ZERO energy. They spent billions and this is still the worst Disney park in the US, maybe even the world

I recently visited DHS for the first time in several years and was shocked at how empty the park felt.

There's really only a handful of things worth doing now and there's noticeably large gaps between rides when walking around the park, especially in the back half. The paltry line up includes a lot of mid-level attractions that don't have great capacity either. Shows haven't changed much over the years, which isn't good for repeat guests.

I suddenly appreciate EPCOT a lot more now. Despite its glaring flaws, it has far more to do in total (rides, restaurants, shops, everything). and is still a nicer park to just walk around and look at things. Frozen Ever After doesn't belong in EPCOT but being a 5 minute, 2-story boat ride with lots of AAs means it's actually better than most DHS rides (sadly).

Squishy

Only positive is this event is better than having plain after hours which would've been $10-$30 less depending on the night with no entertainment.

castlecake2.0

Fixes:

Put Tip Top band playing in the tower lobby with some creepy Christmas decor, guests can watch them play as they walk by to experience the attraction. Still have the drink carts outside in the courtyard with big band music playing. Give cast working the carts the brown derby costume so they look like they’re dressed for a swanky party. Maybe have some streetmosphere characters from the tower or some dancers?

Add Three Caballeros to the Latin area to increase energy. Decorate inside of ABC Commissary.

Acoustic guitar player on Baseline Patio playing holiday songs.

Put Prep and Landing or any other holiday short in the Mickey theater.

Cavalcade? Doesn’t have to be anything huge, just something along the parade route.

Brown Derby, DECORATE THE INSIDE like come on there was one piece of garland. Dim the lights, make it actually feel like a jazz club.

Create a proper switchback queue for the holiday show, having a line stretch all the way down the street is poor show.

May add to this as I think of more

Ayla

Exactly what I was thinking. Can you just imagine the excitement if they brought that back as a party exclusive and plussed it up with the newer lights/tech now possible in recent years...then threw in some cocoa, cookies, candy canes, lotsa snow and some live street performers - a traveling piano player/singer like Disney Springs....a cappella carolers?

Every date would be sold out in mere hours.

And the saddest part is it's not that difficult - heck I see more dazzling holiday displays on the Great Light Fight TV show - and those families don't have a fraction of the tech and budget.

Why does this company thrive on disappointing guests with mediocre creativity, planning and execution when it's hardly rocket science to delight people?

Anyone on this forum could do so much better.
Because people continue to throw their money at disney.

gerarar

Premium Member
Acoustic guitar player on Baseline Patio playing holiday songs.
There was an acoustic guitar street performer in front of ABC playing all night. There was also a band at the corner of the Frozen theater. The former could probably be moved to somewhere more prominent.

Create a proper switchback queue for the holiday show, having a line stretch all the way down the street is poor show.
They did use the exits and additional roped switchbacks for the shows, but there was just too many people queuing up before each show that is stretched down Sunset. Perhaps they could switchback some of the F! queues. There needs to be more draws elsewhere in the park like GE or TSL imo.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I'm deciding if it's even worth going next week.

Conversely, maybe enough people who bought tickets will be dissuaded from going, and it'll be more relaxed if we go.

Cmdr_Crimson

Disney Holidays in Hollywood​

Disney-Jollywood-Nights_Full_53855.jpg
I'm sorry after watching this and just having the Muppets be side tracked by the human host really dissapointed me as they could have had Gonzo and Fozzie..Let alone at least a song or two from them like "It feels like christmas" or "Together at Christmas" for the finale..

TheMaxRebo

Because they know they can get away with taking advantage of their dedicated fans by creating sky-high ticket prices with minimal effort put in to improve profits.

And, honestly, I can't blame them if people continue to reward them by paying these premiums, buying merchandise, etc.

I get that for most things but the initial interest shows folks are starved for something new and all the complaints and refunds/credits they have been doing from last night doesn't help the bottom line.

I get they don't need to be unbelievably great to satisfy people but they can't be the disaster that last night was

tanc

Premium Member
I heard rise and run away railway were down for a portion of the night. Regardless it's amazing people didn't wait out to see what the event would be like.

Idk why they thought Hollywood Studios was a good place for a party. I have always found it by far the most lacking park.

You have a massive park like epcot at your disposal and they still decided to do HS for this event lol

TheMaxRebo

I heard rise and run away railway were down for a portion of the night. Regardless it's amazing people didn't wait out to see what the event would be like.

Idk why they thought Hollywood Studios was a good place for a party. I have always found it by far the most lacking park.

You have a massive park like epcot at your disposal and they still decided to do HS for this event lol

I get the thought of doing it at DHS for the old time Hollywood feel, dress your best, etc

BUT then they should have gone all in on that and just done a fancy in park cocktail event - with food and drinks included in the park - and not worry about ride really. Basically like a themed version of the Swolphin food and wine event

This is like trying to have it both ways, doing exact halfway and charging full price and just a mess

Fido Chuckwagon

I’m just reading more and more stories about what an awful time non-vloggers had at this event. Just not much to do, and insane lines for what little they had. This thing is on track to fail harder than the Galactic Failcruiser, and that’s saying something.

Entire tracts of the park were just empty/desolate. How hard would it have been to have some kind of entertainment, any kind of entertainment, in places like SWGE and Toy Story Land? At least they could have spread out the crowds a little more, because lord knows an adult-themed after-hours event isn’t going to draw crowds to alien swirling saucers.

surfsupdon

The saddest look are the Guests standing and filming the ToT live music band instead of being in the moment and dancing the night away! But then again, the venue in which this was installed might not condone that behavior. But a true Tip Top Club should have dancing to live music. What an epic fail on Disney and the Guests!

Thelazer

So, they SHOULD have built a tent structure outside of the back of TOT.

Here is why.

You walk up the normal que line to the tower, you go on the normal ride, everything leading up to the drop is normal.

Then as you fall down the shaft you faintly hear the sounds of a hot jazz band...

As your elevator doors open, you see the now fully decked out hallway, with live actor's welcoming you to the tip top club!

You walk down the hall (out a well themed side door into the tent, all of this so well themed you have NO IDEA your inside the tent structure) and you experience the tip top club here, FULLY Immersive.

Yes there is some logistic things, crowd control and such to be worked out, but how crazy cool would that be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom