News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

Andrew25

My point is that there are several event exclusive things that I would prioritize over a ride I’ve been on 50+ times
The soiree and the Brown Derby lounge?

I'm not trying to be a cynic, I'm just looking into what is appealing about this event for that price tag and why people are rewarding Disney for it when they previously included offerings as part of daytime admission.

I think it's fair to compare this holiday event with some of the other offerings in Orlando:
  • Universal - Grinchmas, Holiday Parade (all included)
  • SeaWorld - Winter Wonderland on Ice, O Wondrous, Holiday Fireworks, Elmo Show (all included)

MagicHappens1971

I'm not trying to be a cynic, I'm just looking into what is appealing about this event for that price tag and why people are rewarding Disney for it when they previously included offerings as part of daytime admission.
I bought my tickets when they first when on sale. While I was hoping they would add some more things to the event, they have not. Either way, I love DHS decor package & the shows were appealing enough for me to buy the ticket. With that being said, I am looking forward to Tip Top Club (ToT Club), the show at the Theatre of the Stars, etc. I am also a sucker for event / specific food & drink so that’s a plus as well.

lcisneiros

I think if you want to look at it from a practical standpoint, bang for buck value is very tough to find not only in this, but with a lot of stuff at Disney these days.

I can relate to what @MagicHappens1971 said above and would add that, like with many things Disney, you go for the intangibles, aesthetics and feel. Since I'll only be there for a short stay and it will be a "slow vacation" this time around, I also was looking forward for a less crowded park, smaller queues and less heat, makes it better that I'll be able to stop and enjoy different shows.

bmr1591

I think it's fair to compare this holiday event with some of the other offerings in Orlando:
  • SeaWorld - Winter Wonderland on Ice, O Wondrous, Holiday Fireworks, Elmo Show (all included)

Are people rewarding it? I understand neither of the Christmas parties is selling out at lightning pace right now, but has there been any indication that sales are going strong for Jollywood?

MagicHappens1971

Are people rewarding it? I understand neither of the Christmas parties is selling out at lightning pace right now, but has there been any indication that sales are going strong for Jollywood?
I mean 2/10 dates are sold out. I can’t imagine they won’t all sell out. People were singing this same tune for MNSSHP and they all sold out

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
4 hours of Jollywood Nights at:
$159 (4 nights)
$169 (5 nights)
$179 (1 night)

3 hours Hollywood Studios After Hours:
$155 (1 night)
$165 (1 night)
$175 (7 nights)

For the most part, Jollywood Nights will offer more time, exclusive shows, exclusive food, exclusive experiences, and character meets for less than After Hours. After Hours does get free snacks.

Comparatively, Jollywood Nights looks like a better deal, imo, even after considering DVC/AP discounts. Of course, it's possible that Disney jacked HS After Hours prices partially to give Jollywood Nights a sales push.

bmr1591

I mean 2/10 dates are sold out. I can’t imagine they won’t all sell out. People were singing this same tune for MNSSHP and they all sold out

Based on last year's Christmas parties (I know it's not the same, but just for comparison's sake), on Oct 26, 8 of the Christmas parties were sold out. This year, as of the 24th, there are 2. Even adding in the Jollywood parties, that's 4 parties sold out. It seems sales aren't going as strong this year. Now, Disney may be okay with this as it allows guests to get tickets closer to their vacation dates, and as long as they sell out it's not big deal, but we certainly aren't on pace from 2022.

Andrew25

Not sold out at the moment, I believe a good chunk of the "capacity" for the first night or two is being reserved for invited influencers/media and to limit attendance to prevent a similar oversell of Villains from years back and any negative feedback.

$159 (4 nights)
$169 (5 nights)
$179 (1 night)

$155 (1 night)
$165 (1 night)
$175 (7 nights)

For the most part, Jollywood Nights will offer more time, exclusive shows, exclusive food, exclusive experiences, and character meets for less than After Hours. After Hours does get free snacks.

Comparatively, Jollywood Nights looks like a better deal, imo, even after considering DVC/AP discounts. Of course, it's possible that Disney jacked HS After Hours prices partially to give Jollywood Nights a sales push.
After Hours gets you access at 7PM for DHS... so really they're about the same in hours.

After Hours has free snacks (which is great since the focus is getting from ride to ride and you don't want to waste time eating)

Jollywood Nights to me looks like a food festival disguised as an after-hours event to justify the price tag.

TheMaxRebo

To me the challenge is the price.

It sounds like a fun event with cool vibe, love the Muppets, etc

BUT the price point and then all the fun looking food being extra, just seems out of balance for what you get

If the food/drinks were included and was like tasting event then I could see it, but it's not

TheMaxRebo

$159 (4 nights)
$169 (5 nights)
$179 (1 night)

$155 (1 night)
$165 (1 night)
$175 (7 nights)

After hours (at least in the past) have had much lower crowds than regular holiday parties (obviously we don't know crowd cap for Jollywood) so was added value thee in all rides are basically walk on ...

Obviously everyone values different things differently

Andrew25

To me the challenge is the price.

It sounds like a fun event with cool vibe, love the Muppets, etc

BUT the price point and then all the fun looking food being extra, just seems out of balance for what you get

If the food/drinks were included and was like tasting event then I could see it, but it's not

If food was included, I can justify the price. But it's just so odd they're trying to push a ridiculous amount of food as part of an event that is ridiculously expensive to attend and is limited in time.

Depending on attendance and capacity limits, you are gonna have to dedicate 45ish minutes for each stage show, plus at least half an hour or so for the "unique lounge experiences" to really feel like you got value out of the unique event experiences.

Not to mention, you run the risk that Rock n Roller Coaster, Tower, and Rise are all prone to significant downtimes that can throw a wrench into your plans.

Disstevefan1

It would be cool if they did a Christmas overlay of MMRR that runs during this party only.

I may be oversimplifying it, but it would seem the difference would be executing a different file.

TheMaxRebo

It would be cool if they did a Christmas overlay of MMRR that runs during this party only.

I may be oversimplifying it, but it would seem the difference would be executing a different file.

That would be a nice touch .... I actually wish they did more overlays or alternate versions of a lot of the rides that are projection based.

MMRR, Smugglers Run, Midway Mania, etc

aladdin2007

I was under the impression this was geared more for adults, not adults only per say but seemed like thats what they were going for until reading about disney channel muck taking over the echo lake area. what a poor choice.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

So with Jingle Bell Jingle Bam does this mean the launch site across the road is being used again because I saw the big ones in the concept and they did list fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom