News Disney is restoring the Wonders of Life facade

raymusiccity

6/19/2018 - you can see the final color toward the to
View attachment 291085

Look at the similarities between these two designs. It seems like such a perfect fit to resurrect a classic pavilion design from the '64 World's Fair. GE Carousel of Progress had a gorgeous lighting grid that gave the illusion of the entire roof rotating with different colors.
cop51.jpg

Bocabear

Wouldn't that be amazing! and Carousel of Progress fits the atmosphere of EPCOT better than tomorrowland... Restore the last scene to it's original 1964 ending, Make the entoire pavilion about Futurism and progress... Use everyting from Horizons... It could be amazing... though not likely...I would also move Small World to the lake front as an introduction to World Showcase... Making room in the Magic Kingdom for some expanded E ticket attractions...

NelsonRD

I am really hoping for this to be an interactive queue. A place where I can get in line for an hour, play some disney game on my phone, while sales pitches can be heard in the background for DVC and other hard ticket events, only to exit back to Future World.

floridagirl57

Foreclosed, as if they are paying a mortgage or something? A buildings value is based on it being prime property or being a swamp. Only using it for festivals, as far as taxes are concerned, is totally irrelevant. besides, they are in the Reedy Creek municipality so they would only be taxing themselves anyway. No taxing body would even consider to have a lesser value just because it was empty at this point. That is more of just a mistake by Disney for having property and not attempting to use it to generate revenue.

Body Wars mechanical's are gone, missing, AWOL, departed, released from bondage and so on. They are just empty rooms at this point. Nothing to wonder about. Unless they come up with something new to need a simulator, it will just be a storage basement.

Reedy Creek is not a municipality. Since this is my field I try to clear it up on the boards as much as possible. It is an Improvement District which is set up by the Florida Legislature. There are other examples of Improvement Districts in Florida (aka West Villages in North Port). To say Reedy Creek is a municipality is a mischaracterization.

Goofyernmost

Reedy Creek is not a municipality. Since this is my field I try to clear it up on the boards as much as possible. It is an Improvement District which is set up by the Florida Legislature. There are other examples of Improvement Districts in Florida (aka West Villages in North Port). To say Reedy Creek is a municipality is a mischaracterization.
I have to concede to your Florida expertise. My use of the word comes from experience with "districts" in Vermont which were commonly known as municipalities that were allowed to tax and operate a lot of small local utilities. I suspect that Improvement Districts have the same powers, however, I don't know that for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom