Disney is going to scale back the Polynesian DVC plans in a big way.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Any word on what they plan to do with the brackish water underneath these villas?

I know it's a long shot, and probably way to expensive, but the only real solution would be to separate that area from the main body of water and make it swimmable.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Any word on what they plan to do with the brackish water underneath these villas?

It's not brackish water (that is a blend of salt and fresh water) - it's simply ugly fresh pond water. But I haven't heard of any plans to change the water access at the resort.

But think of the size of the lawyer designed railings they are going to install when they hear about people needing to go above water for their rooms.

BalooChicago

It would be interesting if the break-wall in the plan is the edge of a "pool"/treated water that extends below the cottages - could do an "infinity edge" there and make it look like part of the lake.

nor'easter

It's not brackish water (that is a blend of salt and fresh water) - it's simply ugly fresh pond water. But I haven't heard of any plans to change the water access at the resort.

But think of the size of the lawyer designed railings they are going to install when they hear about people needing to go above water for their rooms.

Muck, gators, snakes, and brain eating amoebas...can't make those railings high enough!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It would be interesting if the break-wall in the plan is the edge of a "pool"/treated water that extends below the cottages - could do an "infinity edge" there and make it look like part of the lake.
I was thinking the same thing. Something similar was done at the Saman Villas in Bentota.

infinity-edge-swimming.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I like the idea and you never know with Disney but to be honest I don't need to be in the water to enjoy the view from a bungalow. Too bad it will cost the same for one night as a studio cost for one week.
I agree, but it would be really nice to have crystal clear water and white sand that you can swim in below your bungalow. Given the last scaled down version of the bungalows a pool beneath them would be roughly the same square footage as the wave pool at TL.

PhilharMagician

I agree, but it would be really nice to have crystal clear water and white sand that you can swim in below your bungalow. Given the last scaled down version of the bungalows a pool beneath them would be roughly the same square footage as the wave pool at TL.

Maintenance costs would be quite high when having a sand bottom pool. Then what happens when the wind pushes waves of water over the top of the divider wall?

I agree that it would be a huge plus to have a true blue water sandy beach atmosphere, but at what cost?

Maybe convert the pool into a sand bottom and expand to have a small lazy river like YC/BC or Aulani

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Maintenance costs would be quite high when having a sand bottom pool. Then what happens when the wind pushes waves of water over the top of the divider wall?

I agree that it would be a huge plus to have a true blue water sandy beach atmosphere, but at what cost?

Maybe convert the pool into a sand bottom and expand to have a small lazy river like YC/BC or Aulani
No question that there are issues and that it would be expensive. I was just blue sky dreaming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom