Disney is going to scale back the Polynesian DVC plans in a big way.

tikiman

Original Poster
tikiman, could you elaborate on what you mean by "change the look of the volcano?" Do you mean update its styling or are they looking into eliminating the volcano all together? The volcano looks like what you would expect from a polynesian volcano. It is hard to envision how they could update it other then throwing a new coat of paint on it.

It will be more like keeping the slide but changing the volcano structure to more of a smaller rock formation. They already threw a coat of paint on it last year but they think it is too big and want to make something smaller for the new look of the pool area.

tikiman

Original Poster
Thank you for giving us the info Tikiman!

I have always liked the name Polynesian Village.

Maybe they will bring back the EPCOT Center name while they are at it!

Bring the EPCOT Center name back with the water feature that use to be in front instead of the tombstones they have now.

wpd_epcot.jpg

tikiman

Original Poster
I kinda liked the volcano. :\ But ok. We'll go with it.

A splash place for the kids would be awesome. How about a hot tub or two for the adults?

The Hot tub was on schedule to go in a couple of years ago. It got pushed out and was still in the plan. It was going to go where the current wet play area is now. Lately in the discussions it has been less clear if it survived the cut of things that they planned. It looks like the additional pool concept has died along with the added buildings.

Bolt

http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/other--proposed-resorts/2392-polynesian-dvc-announced

Celebration, Fla. (Sept. 17, 2013) – Today, Disney Vacation Club announced that its planned next location will be at Disney's Polynesian Resort, located on Seven Seas Lagoon at Walt Disney World Resort. When this resort is completed, Disney Vacation Club will have destinations at all three resorts on the monorail system, allowing easy access to Magic Kingdom Park.

The planned development project at Disney's Polynesian Resort, when completed, will join Disney Vacation Club's 12 other properties, including The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, scheduled to open Oct. 23. Construction on the Polynesian project began this month, and completion is estimated to be in 2015. In addition to the Disney Vacation Club project, other guest areas within Disney's Polynesian Resort will undergo refurbishment. More information and project details will be shared at a later date.

Disney Vacation Club debuted in October 1991 with a flexible, vacation point-based model rather than the traditional fixed-week timeshare model. Disney Vacation Club is approaching a total of 200,000 member families from all 50 states and approximately 100 countries who have discovered the joys of membership.

Disney Vacation Club members are able to choose from among a variety of vacation destinations, including a stay at any Disney Vacation Club Resort or at more than 500 other destinations around the world, and when they purchase directly from Disney, members also can take trips on one of the Disney Cruise Line ships or guided vacations with Adventures by Disney. Additionally, vacations at a Disney Vacation Club Resort can last from one night to several weeks.

For more information about Disney Vacation Club, visit www.disneyvacationclub.com.

Hobnail Boot

I just saw that on another site. That reads to me like this: "We are building DVC at they Poly. Propaganda, fluffer info, propaganda, buy our stuff, propaganda, pixie dust, come buy into us."

I'm not dreading this addition as much as I was when I first read about it, but I still feel it's unnecessary. As long as the overall feel of the resort doesn't change, I won't whine too much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom