Disney is going to scale back the Polynesian DVC plans in a big way.

cinderellafan6

I don’t know that the parks were better in the past, other than they might have been cleaner and things seem to get fixed. Resorts have improved with some of the amenities but in other cases things have been reduced or taken away. Cast Members are the biggest change over the years and I don’t mean to sound like I am blaming them. Instead of having long time Cast Members who knew the resort inside and out and were motivated to do a good job you now have turnover that does not allow many to even get to know the resort. They work them long house for little pay and even less motivation. It is hard to find a CM who is truly happy. Many of them put on a smile for you but most stories I hear of how they really feel they are under paid, overworked and underappreciated along with taking all the stuff grumpy guests throw at them. I am told over and over that gone are the days when they had management that motivated them. I think that is the biggest thing missing from the good old days.

Could not have said it better myself. I remember asking "what happened to the magic the cast members use to bring", then I wake up and realize it is just a business trying to make money.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
There will still be a water feature, just not the one that is there now and it seems it will not be centered on the room. They needed to clear it out because of the problems they are having maintaining it and they need to get in equipment to remove and replace the leaking skylights that are over the lobby.

Looks like 'Ohana and Tambu will survive the redo but I think everything else may change. Also the only thing they seem to be replicating from Aulani will be a kids wet play area that will be part of the expanded pool deck area that will be where the Marina Rental building is now. It does not look like the pool itself will be expanded in size though.

Is the pool ADA compliant? I haven't been through there since spring of of 2012, is there a zero depth entry?
Thinking that maybe the expansion of the pool, possibly.

Victor Kelly

It appears Disney management is beset by idiots of the highest caliber. One might say that the more experience and education one gets, the more of an idiot they become. Of course this is true anywhere, but thankfully there are a few people who gain wisdom from education and experience. But they do not seem to be in the employ of Disney at all.

CDavid

It appears Disney management is beset by idiots of the highest caliber. One might say that the more experience and education one gets, the more of an idiot they become. Of course this is true anywhere, but thankfully there are a few people who gain wisdom from education and experience. But they do not seem to be in the employ of Disney at all.

You know what's really sad? You could cut & paste that response and post it in a dozen different threads here and it would be completely on topic every time.

tikiman

Original Poster
Is the pool ADA compliant? I haven't been through there since spring of of 2012, is there a zero depth entry?
Thinking that maybe the expansion of the pool, possibly.

Yes the pool is ADA compliant and during the pool renovation the size will not change, just the look of the volcano and an expanded pool deck area and new wet play area similar to Aulani.

huntzilla

Yes the pool is ADA compliant and during the pool renovation the size will not change, just the look of the volcano and an expanded pool deck area and new wet play area similar to Aulani.

tikiman, could you elaborate on what you mean by "change the look of the volcano?" Do you mean update its styling or are they looking into eliminating the volcano all together? The volcano looks like what you would expect from a polynesian volcano. It is hard to envision how they could update it other then throwing a new coat of paint on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom