Disney Horror Stories

jaylenofan86

Originally posted by Nansafan
This happened during a Disneyland Christmas trip. It was the year Northwestern went to the Rose Bowl, 1996 I think. The flight from Chicago was packed with Northwestern fans. Our group of 5 couldn't get seats together. My son was 10 and it was his first time on a plane. We got to California fine, checked in at the hotel and caught a shuttle bus to the park. Still fine. Next day, up early and back to the park. After dinner, we were standing in line for Space Mountain. This was before FastPass and we had been in line for about 45 minutes and were very close to boarding. He said that he had to go to the bathroom. At first I said, "can't you wait, we're almost on the ride?" He said he couldn't so we left the line and told the other 3 that we would meet them back at the hotel since it was late. After the restroom, he said he didn't feel well. We took a cab back to the hotel. As soon as we stepped out of the elevator, he barfed. I tried to catch it in my hand (still not sure why) but it was too much. We got back to our room he immediately fell asleep. I called the Front Desk and told them that someone had barfed right outside the elevator. I thought I was in the clear and then he woke up and barfed in the bed. I had to call housekeeping to change the linens. He got sick another 8 times that evening, approximately every 30 minutes or so. We flew home 2 days later. While on the flight home, my cousin was hurling on the plane. Within another day or so, all 5 of us had the worst stomach flu I had ever had. I really think my son caught something on the plane on the flight down with everyone breathing that recycled air.
Just to let you know, only 25% of the air on airplanes is recycled.

disneydudette

well I never encountered a "barfing" incident....but I do have a horror story for the male party...

on a family/friends trip....

7 women....4 guys.....
6/7 were visted by aunty "flow"....and had the worst PMS I have ever seen.....
All they would do is bicker and fight....I felt bad for the guys...for most took their anger out on them....
They even made them go down to the general store in the resort to buy famine products....

It was one of the worst Disney trips ever!! :rolleyes:

When I was about 4 or 5 my family was at EPCOT, waiting for whatever fireworks were there at the time. Well my little sister was still in a stroller so we got off SE and my dad was going back to get the stroller, I decided to go with him, but forgot to tell anyone. Seeing as how I was young and affraid of the fireworks for some reason, I had my ears covered and closed my eyes for some reason. Turns out, when I opened my eyes, I realized I was pretty lost. From what my family tells me, and my memory I stayed pretty calm and found a CM to help me. Well my family to this day still gets a big kick out of this, but I don't find it to funny. They still joke about the day they came the closest to actually getting rid of me.:rolleyes:

wdwforus

My older borther got lost for about 15 minutes the first time we went in 77. We ran like hell but he eventually caught up to us.:lol: I think he had gone into a shop on Main Street while we were all gawking at the castle. Man did he get a beating.

PrncssCinderEly

I've had many great experiances at Disney...but I have also had a few not so great.

1. During our very first trip to WDW, in 1988 or 89, I was not yet used to the hot humid weather of FL July's...while standing on line for Snow White...you guessed it...I fainted...wound up with heat stroke...it so stunk...

2. When I went back in 1994, it was also summer again...but now I was used to the heat and all, it was the same time as the World Cup Soccer Tourn. well the people from one of the countries...I couldn't tell which one, were so rude...we were walking into the Tea Cups...when about 30 of them came barreling in to the que cutting everyone off...because TWO people were saving spaces for them...TWO PEOPLE!!! HELLO...and what was even better was that this woman..old enough to be my great grandmother had pushed me out of her way to stay with the group...I tell you...I was so ed...that I let it be known....I called over the CM that was watching the que and told them what had just happened...and the whole group was told to exit the que and reenter.

3. I had gone down in Dec 2000 to celebrate Christmas and New Years...and one day it rained...i mean it poured buckets while we were at AK...I couldn't stand it...I was cold and wet...so I left my friend at the park and went back to my hotel..ASMu...as the day went on it got nicer, so I changed and ventured to MGM...That didn't happen...I slipped all the way down the concreate stairs...and wound up with a black and blue bruise down my whole leg from hip to ankle..needless to say..no short skirts while at PI that week!

Jonº0º

park shut down

My family (wife and three kids) have been going to the world twice a year for the last four years.
Twice we have decided to take along the in-laws. The first time was in Sept of 1999. Storm Floyd shut down the parks and we lost two days at the parks, but still had fun. This was the first time in park history that all the parks were shut down for an entire day.
The second trip with the in-laws was Sept 2001. We were at AK when we were evacuated because of "an incident in New York". This was the second time the parks were shut down for most of the day and e-ticket night canceled. After that we were so sad we left, and drove home to Connecticut with the rental car, four days into a eleven day trip.
I have many stoires from this day that were sad and heroic. From pushing in line to get to the busses durring the mass exists, to a castmember explaning the situation and holding back the tears.
I do not try to compare our sadness to the families of the lost on Sept 11th, but the mony lost was insult to injury.
The third trip with the in-laws is comming in about 5 weeks, pray for us...

wdwforus

I am doing a trip in less than 3 weeks with my in laws to a beach in NC and although I get along great with my wifes dad I am not looking foward to spending 10 days with her mother....wish me luck.....hopefully the fridge is big enough to hold plenty of beer.

Jonº0º

park shut down

My family (wife and three kids) have been going to the world twice a year for the last four years.
Twice we have decided to take along the in-laws. The first time was in Sept of 1999. Storm Floyd shut down the parks and we lost two days at the parks, but still had fun. This was the first time in park history that all the parks were shut down for an entire day.
The second trip with the in-laws was Sept 2001. We were at AK when we were evacuated because of "an incident in New York". This was the second time the parks were shut down for most of the day and e-ticket night canceled. After that we were so sad we left, and drove home to Connecticut with the rental car, four days into a eleven day trip.
I have many stoires from this day that were sad and heroic. From pushing in line to get to the busses durring the mass exists, to a castmember explaning the situation and holding back the tears.
I do not try to compare our sadness to the families of the lost on Sept 11th, but the mony lost was insult to injury.
The third trip with the in-laws is comming in about 5 weeks, pray for us...

T1nker_Bell

My horrible experience relates to Disneyland, but is DEFINITELY not disney's fault. When leaving Disneyland, we went to the LAX International Airport to leave. Well, LAX security took 3 hours longer than expected and my dad missed his flight, but we (mom, myself and brother) made it. We made it to the St. Louis airport, neither my father nor my mother had a cell phone. My brother was 2 and I was 5. My mom walked around trying to figure out what to do, and eventually she got the car and drove home. All I remember about that trip was the airport fiasco, despite the 6 day trip to disneyland.

Sora

Originally posted by RAZORBRAD
My worst horror story is that I had to leave after five days. I never want to leave. I will pay rent just let me stay. I will even clean the park at night. I will sleep on a park bench.

DON'T DO THINGS LIKE THAT!!!! I was drinking when I read that!!! Now I have to clean Dr. Pepper up......But man, that was the last thing I expected to read at the end of the thread...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Katherine

Originally posted by PrncssCinderEly

2. When I went back in 1994, it was also summer again...but now I was used to the heat and all, it was the same time as the World Cup Soccer Tourn. well the people from one of the countries...I couldn't tell which one, were so rude...we were walking into the Tea Cups...when about 30 of them came barreling in to the que cutting everyone off...because TWO people were saving spaces for them...TWO PEOPLE!!! HELLO...and what was even better was that this woman..old enough to be my great grandmother had pushed me out of her way to stay with the group...I tell you...I was so ed...that I let it be known....I called over the CM that was watching the que and told them what had just happened...and the whole group was told to exit the que and reenter.
We had something like this happen to us too. We were in a LONG line for Kilamanjaro Safaris and it was i think June so it was hot and muggy. Anyways, we were standing in line and the whole time people kept coming through in twos and threes saying that there were people saving their spots. FInally the people in fromt of us started joking that they had family up there too.:lol: It's so annoying when this happens.

WDWdude12

One time when i was about 14 my brother and sister in law took me and my firend down to WDW in Jan. of 200. The second or thrid day won we ventured of to MK abd had a great day. At the end of the day we decided to watch the fireworks over by the back of Cinderella's Castle by the carousel. We all had to look up to watch the firework when all of the sudden my friend grabbed her eye and started screaming. We all headed back to our room ( Old Key West) after she had calmed down. The next morning she rubber her eye and and prety generous amount of ash from the fireworks came out!.....it must hurt having burning ash soar rgiht into your eye! I will never forget that!:drevil: :wave:

wdwforus

This didnt happen at Disney but at Busch and its a good thing my vacation wasnt over cause I might have spent the rest of it in the slammer....standing in line to get on the transportation to get back to our car this woman kept bumping into me. She wouldnt speak english and kept leaning foward to see if the tram was coming and everytime she would push me foward. I had my camera bag over my shoulder and she kept just pushing...like 12 times....and even my oldest daughter who was standing next to me holding my hand looked up at me and back at the woman and could tell I was losing it. Like her leaning foward to look down the line of lines of people was going to make the tram show up any faster. And besides that where she kept looking wasnt where you would first see the tram coming from...it would have been more in front of us then off to our left. I kept checking my bag to make sure she wasnt helping herself to my camera equipment. I dont know what her problem was but she was fast becoming mine.....like I said good thing I still had a couple of days left.

justinsul1

Originally posted by WDWdude12
One time when i was about 14 my brother and sister in law took me and my firend down to WDW in Jan. of 200. The second or thrid day won we ventured of to MK abd had a great day. At the end of the day we decided to watch the fireworks over by the back of Cinderella's Castle by the carousel. We all had to look up to watch the firework when all of the sudden my friend grabbed her eye and started screaming. We all headed back to our room ( Old Key West) after she had calmed down. The next morning she rubber her eye and and prety generous amount of ash from the fireworks came out!.....it must hurt having burning ash soar rgiht into your eye! I will never forget that!:drevil: :wave:

i hope you reported the incident to Disney so they make sure that never happens again. You should sue Disney- they always settle these lawsuits to mantain the illusion of the magic- your friend could literally be a millionaire!

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by justinsul1
i hope you reported the incident to Disney so they make sure that never happens again. You should sue Disney- they always settle these lawsuits to mantain the illusion of the magic- your friend could literally be a millionaire!

I'm REALLY hoping that you're kidding.

Really.

EpcoTim

Originally posted by wdwforus
This didnt happen at Disney but at Busch and its a good thing my vacation wasnt over cause I might have spent the rest of it in the slammer....standing in line to get on the transportation to get back to our car this woman kept bumping into me. She wouldnt speak english and kept leaning foward to see if the tram was coming and everytime she would push me foward. I had my camera bag over my shoulder and she kept just pushing...like 12 times....and even my oldest daughter who was standing next to me holding my hand looked up at me and back at the woman and could tell I was losing it. Like her leaning foward to look down the line of lines of people was going to make the tram show up any faster. And besides that where she kept looking wasnt where you would first see the tram coming from...it would have been more in front of us then off to our left. I kept checking my bag to make sure she wasnt helping herself to my camera equipment. I dont know what her problem was but she was fast becoming mine.....like I said good thing I still had a couple of days left.

I cant tolerate garbage like that either. Ive caught people trying to "help themselves" to my stuff before. Not something I take kindly to. Not only did I catch them, but they continued to try and get into my backpack even AFTER I had seen them. Unbelievable. Should of used a little "friendly elbow"

wdwforus

Originally posted by EpcoTim
I cant tolerate garbage like that either. Ive caught people trying to "help themselves" to my stuff before. Not something I take kindly to. Not only did I catch them, but they continued to try and get into my backpack even AFTER I had seen them. Unbelievable. Should of used a little "friendly elbow"

I dont think she was actaually trying to get into to my camera bag but was trying to see when the tram was coming. She was speaking what I think was a form of Spanish and was about 10" shorter than me so when she leaned forward to try and peak between my daughter and me she would nudge me forward. I cant believe she wouldnt have felt the pressure of me holding my ground but she apparently didnt care. It was about 90 deg. and I wasnt really in the mood to be pushed. At least she could have said excuse me or something. Its one thing I cant stand is rude behavior.

wdwforus

Re: yep...

Originally posted by SG4779
Yep...I totally agree, but that unfortunately is anywhere you go...even here on the Board.

Actually in my 6 visists to WDW i dont think I can remember any times when people were this rude. Ofcourse I was alot younger for most of them and probably didnt pay attention. Now that I am older and see how rude my mother can be my guess is we probably got alot of looks when we were kids down there. Sorry to anyone we offended:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom