Disney Horror Stories

RU42

Gosh (in my best Goofy voice) my story doesn't involve blood, broken bones, or irate parents. :p

At DL, my daughter collects signatures. She had a book (her first one mind you she was 6 or so) about 1/2 or more full. Lots of time on her part.

So we exit Innoventions and there is Woody. So, she goes up to get his signature. Woody dodges her. She follows. He runs into the cosmic waves (water that shoots up from the ground, cool off spot, etc.) Well, he enters and stays dry. She follows, yep you guessed it. She gets nailed, worse her book is drenched and ruined. She just stood there holding the book with the saddest face ever. It broke my heart.

I lodged a complaint with City Hall. A character with kids around has no business running into a fountain area.

Well, there is a happy part. Disney replaced her book. They mailed it to her. But not just the book, but a book entirely filled with signatures.

The CM left me a note that he felt so bad he took a book and went to back area and cornered every character he could, and then some. We even have an autograph by Tinker Bell herself!

Hats off to Disney taking a broken hearted little girl experience and fixing it.

To this day I still don't like Woody. Funny.

RU

figmentmom

My worst Disney experience was certainly no fault of Disney's! We waited until our youngest was five before we ventured to WDW. We'd saved up for quite a while to stay on Disney property and really do things right, and ALL of us were really looking forward to a perfect vacation (ha!) Our little guy started coughing a bit on the plane ride down, but not enough to even sound the alarm in my head. By the time we got to the hotel, though, he was starting to sound like a barking seal, so I dutifully got out the Dimetapp and Robitussin. By the next morning it was apparent that an antibiotic was probably in order, so we headed for the clinic. The doctor prescribed Amoxicillin, assuring us he was no longer contagious. We filled the prescription, dosed the kid, and headed for the MK. All was well until an hour after his second dose of the medicine. He broke out in bright red splotches, and I mean fire engine red! Between that and the ever-worsening cough, people were fleeing us in droves. NO ONE would get close enough for me to feebly explain that he wasn't contagious (and can you blame them???) We sheepishly headed for First Aid, where they kindly told us that he was probably just experiencing a reaction to sunlight because of the Amoxicillin. By the time we had it all sorted out, it was back to the hotel (where we were STILL pariahs!) It was several days before we had the nerve to venture too far. :lol:

Pippa

In 1998 I saw a teenage girl throwing a strop and throwing her parents videocamera on the ground with extreme force in the MK, lovely manners kids have these days!!!(You could hear it smashing inside)

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by RU42
Gosh (in my best Goofy voice) my story doesn't involve blood, broken bones, or irate parents. :p

At DL, my daughter collects signatures. She had a book (her first one mind you she was 6 or so) about 1/2 or more full. Lots of time on her part.

So we exit Innoventions and there is Woody. So, she goes up to get his signature. Woody dodges her. She follows. He runs into the cosmic waves (water that shoots up from the ground, cool off spot, etc.) Well, he enters and stays dry. She follows, yep you guessed it. She gets nailed, worse her book is drenched and ruined. She just stood there holding the book with the saddest face ever. It broke my heart.

I lodged a complaint with City Hall. A character with kids around has no business running into a fountain area.

Well, there is a happy part. Disney replaced her book. They mailed it to her. But not just the book, but a book entirely filled with signatures.

The CM left me a note that he felt so bad he took a book and went to back area and cornered every character he could, and then some. We even have an autograph by Tinker Bell herself!

Hats off to Disney taking a broken hearted little girl experience and fixing it.

To this day I still don't like Woody. Funny.

RU

Now THAT'S the Magic that I'm trying so hard to still believe in!

Great story! :sohappy:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Sounds to me like the child protection agencies could take a lot of children into protective custody if they ever visited the parks. Perhaps that is where they get the kids for IASW :lol:

WDW1971

Originally posted by EpcoTim
Years ago me and my family went to WDW. I was maybe 16 at the time. Me and my sister decided to wait out the hour and a half wait for Star tours. It was blindingly hot that day so we wre leaving room between us and the people in front of us. Well, the woman behind us did not like this one bit. She kept telling her husband, in a loud voice, "they're holding up evreyone, whats wrong with them, why dont they move up". It was a couple of feet tops. Well, mid way through the ouitdoor que, I look over my shoulder and the woman is pushing my 12 year old sister forward. So I turned and told her that was it....and I was serious. Her husband was a big dude, but I didnt care. So the line continued on, again, when it stopped I left space in front of us. She did it again. THis time, other people in line saw it and started voiving their opinion to this woman. It was a huge commotion, and all I wanted to do was ride the ride and enjoy the cool que. But I couldnt. So as we near the entrance of the building, she did it again, shoved my sister so hard into me, that I hit and knocked the guy in front of me. I should of turned and smacked this woman, but I didnt. The guy who i knocked into knew what was going on, so he did the same thing, him and his family spaced out nicely and comfortably and began talking to me and my sister, much to this womans dismay. She was going crazy, telling her husband he better do something about it, and that it was people like us that make the wait for the rides so long. So....long story short, I asked a CM to put us on a different vehicle than her and that was the end of it. I was only 16 at the time, and kind of intimidated, but thankfully other guests were there to help out.

I guess she thinks the rides are loaded not by number of available seats, but some other criterion. I, like you, like a little "buffer space" when in a que line. Having someon breathing down my neck isn't going to make the ride any better or quicker. I just wonder why people think they're the only person whose happiness matters.

mickeysaver

Originally posted by troberts1
We call our doctor back in Ohio and tell him what is going on (were at Disney and he has the Chicken Pox) thinking our vacation is over,he says its been 48 hours since he started so hes not contagious anymore,just keep him covered and out of the sun as much as possible.
(snip)
I was never so happy to take off and get home.and I always wondered if any kids got Chicken Pox at Disney from the 1st few days of us not knowing.I told my wife that we probably caused a millions of kids to get Chicken Pox because of being at the parks Monday and Tuesday while he was contagious.but we didnt know it then so I guess I cant blame myself.

Um...Chickenpox are contagious from a day or two before the symptoms start until after the last chickenpox lesion has become covered in a dry scab. Chickenpox is also airborne contagious. So, while I'm sure that millions were not infected, I'm willing to bet that at least one person picked it up as a little souvenier. :lol:
Don't feel bad, it happens everyday I'm sure. Thank goodness for the chickenpox vaccine! Mickey

PS. Did I mention that I work in a pediatric medical office? :wave:

aj_macack

Ugh...:fork: That reminded me.. we arrived home on the 13th and guess what souvenier I brought home... poison ivy... my doctor told me that you can get it airborn... who know airborn poison ivy??? Anyways... i was not pleased when the nasty rash arrived the day after we got home... ugh... gotta love a "disney rash"...lol:lol:

meanmice

Originally posted by troberts1
Our first year we arrived on a Sunday and went to MK on Monday,about Monday afternoon I noiced our son 4 years old was very cranky this went on thru Tuesday and Tuesday night when we put him in the bathtub we noticed small red spots on him.I told my wife that he must be allergic to whatever they wash the sheets on the bed with.well by Wednesday morning we knoew what it was,the Chicken Pox.we call our doctor back in Ohio and tell him what is going on (were at Disney and he has the Chicken Pox) thinking our vacation is over,he says its been 48 hours since he started so hes not contagious anymore,just keep him covered and out of the sun as much as possible.I put makeup on him and a hat on him and away we went,hoping nobody would notice and panic.by Friday everyone was looking at him but nobody said anything untill we got to the Disney Store at the Airport.I was never so happy to take off and get home.and I always wondered if any kids got Chicken Pox at Disney from the 1st few days of us not knowing.I told my wife that we probably caused a millions of kids to get Chicken Pox because of being at the parks Monday and Tuesday while he was contagious.but we didnt know it then so I guess I cant blame myself.

My brother developed chicken pox from someone on the plane comming home from disney. 7 days later I caught it from him

wdwforus

My youngest daughter was sick leading up to our trip and my wife had her medicated to the hilt. She developed that same rash that others have mentioned due to the antibiotics. When her forehead started to swell on our 5 day down there we got really worried. I wasnt very impressed with the first aid staff at MK. They didnt really seem to be too interested. Our options were to go to Celerbration to the ER or have a doc come top our room. We chose the latter and made out great. He showed up right on time at 6 p.m. and was there for an hour. We got better care then we get back home. He had a decent sized rolling suitcase with just about every medication known to man. And he took Visa!!!! Had a little machine to swipe our card and everything. It only took us 6 months for our HMO to reemburse us the $200 but we were able to enjoy the rest of our vacation. He said to try and keep her out of the sun but how does one do that on vacation to Florida?! The experience turned out alright but I would have liked to see a little more compassion out of the first aid staff.

GS3rd

HAHAHA, and this is my story

WOW that 1st story is funny as hell in the beginning...anyways here is my story...

It was Spring Break 2002 and we were at the Magic Kindom by the Splash Mountain line when this janitor walks by sweeping or whatever...when he starts talking to me like "hi"..."how are you"...and so on...anyways so I look at my friend like giving him a look like..."why is this guy talking to me"...THEN after giving him that look...this nasty as janitor goes, yea there is gay club night tonight at (whereever the hell it was)"...OMG i was like WHAT?!?! after he said that one of his co-workers walked up to him and started talking thank goD!...so we RAN the hell away from him as fast as we could! OMG is was so weird, and NASTY! Getting HIT on by this gay guy...oh well...anyways that was a very interesting story...and one my friends STILL tease me about!

Nansafan

This happened during a Disneyland Christmas trip. It was the year Northwestern went to the Rose Bowl, 1996 I think. The flight from Chicago was packed with Northwestern fans. Our group of 5 couldn't get seats together. My son was 10 and it was his first time on a plane. We got to California fine, checked in at the hotel and caught a shuttle bus to the park. Still fine. Next day, up early and back to the park. After dinner, we were standing in line for Space Mountain. This was before FastPass and we had been in line for about 45 minutes and were very close to boarding. He said that he had to go to the bathroom. At first I said, "can't you wait, we're almost on the ride?" He said he couldn't so we left the line and told the other 3 that we would meet them back at the hotel since it was late. After the restroom, he said he didn't feel well. We took a cab back to the hotel. As soon as we stepped out of the elevator, he barfed. I tried to catch it in my hand (still not sure why) but it was too much. We got back to our room he immediately fell asleep. I called the Front Desk and told them that someone had barfed right outside the elevator. I thought I was in the clear and then he woke up and barfed in the bed. I had to call housekeeping to change the linens. He got sick another 8 times that evening, approximately every 30 minutes or so. We flew home 2 days later. While on the flight home, my cousin was hurling on the plane. Within another day or so, all 5 of us had the worst stomach flu I had ever had. I really think my son caught something on the plane on the flight down with everyone breathing that recycled air.

Jeremy22

Sunburn

My brother and I took our first trip to WDW in 1995, which was the first time we had been to Disney since we went when we were kids. So we were excited and psyched to be back. It was in May, and the weather was hot, and very sunny.

I put sun screen on myself thoroughly every day, but my brother did not. By the third day, he was as red as a lobster, face, arms, neck, and started breaking out in hives. It was gross to look at. He must be part vampire I guess, because he had a pretty violent reaction to the sun. Luckily we had a car, and talked to a nurse who recommended hydrocortizone cream. We drove and found a drug store and bought the highest % of hydrocortizone that we could find.

His skin got less inflamed and by the next day he felt better. But then the dead skin started to peel off. His face was affected the most, and the skin was just uncontrollably flaking off. So over the next few days I felt like I was vacationing with a leper.

We learned from this experience though, and it never happened again, for as many times as we have gone back to WDW. My advice to those who get sunburn, is stay away from those aloe vera products, and treat your skin with hydrocortizone cream. Sorry if I grossed you out with this story.

rosie.ca

lol jeremy22 i i must have your brothers same problem .... lets just say blizzard beach is not my friend ... stupid evil lazy river thing grrrrrrr.... ok my arms were a bit pink but that went away in a couple hours my chest and shoulders were a bit more pink but nothing bad .... but my face.... uh..lets just say tomato ok?
and i had 3 applications of spf 45 on that day ! i knew i was burning but was helpless to stop it .

went back to hotel and slept for hours in the dark i had a horrible headache ... i still tried to go to pleasure island that night but had touble standing and was all disoriented and wobbly and dizzy and just feeling sick and sore so my brother and i had dinner at planet hollywood and went back to hotel where just slept again... *guess what i forgot to bring with me?after sun stuff* i had taken out the after sun care stuff the morning of my flight to fit some things in my bag and forgot it on the coffee table :brick:

my forehead sharted peeling and was all shiney and red and raw ... i tried to rub off the dead skin but my forehead started to bleed... i dunno the going to typhoone lagoon 2 days later helped either *the shark reef thing is salt water ...ow that hurt!*

i decided to invest in a hat to hide my hideous face as best i could ... then i broke out in a cold sore ... sigh... i hadn't had one of those in 3 years before that...

ah well i still had a good time

josh_e_washie

Original Poster
great stories everyone...i just want to remind those loyal disney fans that we are not dissing disney, just pointing out some of its faults...and many times these faults are ours...or in some cases mother nature's!!!:lol: :lol:

guwag

In 1999 (I think) I got a small cut on my foot at the Villa that my family was renting. There was nothing wrong with it - it stopped bleeding pretty soon.
The next day we went to Blizzard Beach for a great day out because the weather was very nice. Somewhere on the Lazy River thingy, the small scab on my foot caught on a rough area and the small cut was ripped open wider and my foot started bleeding quite profusely.
We went (I hobbled) to the First Aid post at BB only to discover that they had NO waterproof plasters at all, only normal plasters - how stupid for a waterpark first aid kit! :hammer: :hammer:
My father then had to get dried, changed and drive off property to find a drugstore somewhere that had waterproof plasters - what a pain in the butt!
Granted it wasn't exactly a "Disney Horror" but it was bloody inconvenient. :hammer: :hammer:

wdwvip3

My story took place last year... in December. I had a lot of family come to visit me... mother, father, sister and her family, along with 6 other members that I had just met. We were going to eat at the Contemp and for some reason I didn't know where we had reservations (not CM but the other that I STILL can't remember)... Of course the guard thought that I had said CM and that caused a confussion.. but what really tipped it all was that I didn't know what name it was under! I had to drive around and call my mom on the cell to figure everything out but the guard was super rude and I was beyond embarrased! I felt like I was being grilled... well I didn't know the name, I just met the people yesterday! Give me a break.
The following day, my bf and I parked in the Contemp parking lot and we were going to walk to MK to meet my family.. Well, pargo patroll raced after us for another set of grilling.. are you staying here, you have family, are they staying here, what room.. which I didn't know.. what is the last name.. once again, I didn't know the name it was under... Another call to my mother and once I figured everything out, my family wasn't even in the park!!!! I was so angry at this time.. :fork: Needless to say, I have problems ever going to the Contemp but I still love CM!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom