Disney Horror Stories

ScorpionX

In August 2010, BTMRR broke down when I was right at the boarding gate. The CMs eventually gave us FASTPASSes for us to use later in the day.

elisatonks

There was also the time this past summer (Summer 2010) when the Summer Nightastic fireworks were interupted because someone called in claiming the castle was on fire when in fact, it was part of the show's effect. As a result, thousands of guests didn't get to see the fireworks concluded that evening. At least Disney hold safety so high.

I was there that night, ended up seeing the fireworks in two parts, first they said it was cancelled and loads of guests started leaving, we decided to stay put for a few mins as my dh is disabled and struggles to get through the crowd, then they annouced they would recomence the fireworks, ended up seeing the fireworks in 2 paarts which was kind of strange. lol

Worst thing that has happened to me though was in december 1998, firstly we had experienced a 4hr flight delay on top of the 9hr flight so were already grumpy and tired by the time we got to the caribbean beach resort. Then to make the situation worse we then were checked into a room which was actually already occupied. So then had to wait for the poor bellman who had helped us to our room, to go back to check in to get the situation sorted. About 30 min later we were finally in our room and mom and dad decided to order pizza, but it took so long to get to us I fell asleep. As you can imagine i was very hungry the next morning, and to make matters worse i woke up before te food court opened so had to wait for something to eat. :(

crazgurl

first off holly old thread!!

The worst thing that ever happened to me on property was on my first trip when I was 10... we went to discovery island and I had what was to me a serious allergic reaction to good old nature! Basically, I was a kid who had never had a headache before (and to this day I get maybe one or two a year....) anyway, long story short I felt like crap the rest of that day and wound up napping and being really upset about it because all I wanted to do was go back to the parks! :ROFLOL:

Last trip in 09 I also got a pretty nasty cold on the flight in, so by the third day I was so congested I wanted to die in the humidity and the heat, but I was determined to enjoy every minute of being there... figured I could sleep when I got home, but I wound up getting in really late due to flight delays and had a 12 hour work shift started at 7am the next morning....

Finally, don't get me started about flight delays, I'm completely cursed! Long story short, I've been stuck at washington airport every time I've had to make a stop-over there (will never go back if it can be avoided, I have nothing nice to say about that airport!) and in the last year, I've had two planes that wouldn't start (both times, the flight attendants said this was an extremely rare occurance and the second time I was looked at in disbelief when I said it was the second time in 6 months I had that happen to me!) It never fails though if it's not a thunderstorm preventing take-off its on-board lavatories that dont work or other random occurances! :shrug: my family now jokes next time I fly alone.....and my ex boss threatened the same thing when he had to fly with me and we got stuck in Ottawa and we had a meeting in Toronto to get to....

gallerie

Love for WDW shifted to Cruise Line

We are just back from our Disney Trip. We did the 3 night Cruise and a 4 night stay at Port Orleans. The Disney Cruise part was as wonderful as I know Disney to be. Virtually nothing but 3 days of good times and Quality Disney Service. Thanks especially to Bruno and Joey our waiters! Then the bus came to take us away from the magic. By the way, even the Cruise Buses are done the right and comfortable way. Everything about our stay at Port Orleans was awful. Cheerleaders by the thousands, we were given a handicapped room without asking for one or being told we were getting one, the guest services people do everything to keep from letting you get to a manager, then the manager gives excuses, and a fast pass is supposed to take care of all the bad service! We did get moved over to Port Orleans French Quarter where, to our horror the maid service left our door not pulled shut. Complained about that and got the same we can take care of it you don't need a manager. Then it happened the next day as well!!! Do you all want your room to be secure when your things are in it? I was kept from speaking with a manager by all means of excuses. We finally left a note ourselves for the maids. Bus service was also less than stellar as we had to stand every time we were on one except for once! For the price you pay and from our previous stays the last two at Disney have discouraged me from every staying on property again. They simply didn't really care about us. The level of Disney World service is dropped to horrible in my view.
progress.gif

greebomusic

My last two flights from MCO to DTW were delayed.

Spirit Air for 7 hours (no vouchers or anything) and Delta for 9 hours (actually wasn't too bad as we had things to occupy us and food vouchers).

We learned after the first one to schedule our return flights on Saturday from now on.
:animwink:

TomDisney

This past December, we had Candlelight Dinner Reservations for 5:30pm at the Coral Reef Dining room and seating for the 8:15pm Candlelight. I took my parents who are both 89 years young (it was my mother's b-day). We arrived at 5pm at the Coral Reef to make sure we got there in plenty of time and also to get out of the cold. Upon check-in, I asked how long before we would be seated as my father is a diabetic and would need to plan on a time to take his shot. I wasn't expecting to get seated earlier than our reserved time and was told they would seat us around 5:30pm. This time came and went. I inquired again and was told that they were backed up and we would be seated within the next 5 minutes. Long story short, we weren't seated until 6:10pm. Because the kitchen was so backed up that evening, we ended up not leaving the resturant until 7:50pm.

We now had less than 30 minutes to make it across the park for the Candlelight processional. Lets face it, two 89 year old people cannot move quickly either. We made it there just after the show started and there were no seats available. Thankfully, a couple saw my parents and offered them their seats (whoever you are again, THANK YOU!)

On a good note, I did write Disney to let them know about this in the hopes that they would not let this kind of situation happen in the future. I was very pleasantly surprised when they refunded 1/2 of the cost of the dinner package and sent me two complimentary admissions tickets to make up for the two admission tickets purchased for my parents. I am in the processing of writing a very nice letter back to Disney for their customer service after the fact. Unfortunately, they can't rewrite the evening, but they did make an effort which I am thankful for.

Thorpyness

I also have 2 Port Orleans stories...
1) I scratched myself quite badly on cable ties holding signs onto the back of the Surrey bikes. Surrey bikes is how we occupy ourselves before setting out for the airport, and (just checked) still have the scar on the back of my right tricep.
2) I was playing chase with my daughter around the main bus stop area, and the curves in the metal downspouts took a chunk out of my leg.

I know it probably sounds gross and a touch wierd to say that for a while looking at the cuts and bruises made me remember the holiday, feel warm inside and miss the place.

PhilharMagician

We checked in at OKW and went to our room which really stunk of sour milk. I mean really bad. We opened the balcony and front door and let it breath while we brought up our luggage At this point we needed to head out for a ADR at Chef Mickey. I tried to call the front desk, but the phone kept breaking up. So now mt daughter and I walk up to the main bldg and tell them that the room really stinks and they have to move us. Unfortunately it is the day before Thanksgiving and the resort is fully booked. We had ADR's for Chef Mickey's that we were close to being late for so they told us to go and check back after dinner. Off to dinner we go and after a great meal we head back to OKW. I drive up by the valet/beel desk and get out. I start walking to the entrance when this Bellman calls my name. I answer him and he proceeds to tell me that he has all my baggage from the room.

Ok, now how does Bell services have anything from my room which I did not tell them to move. Well apparently they checked another family into my room and according to the Bellman he was called to remove someone belongings out of their room. Nonetheless I had my camera's out on the table, food in the fridge and freezer, money in the safe and all of my other items throughout the room. In the end I was missing a $100.00 bill, had a damaged camera and bruised produce that I threw away. After about 2 hours of all out battling with the manager about them violating Disney's check in policies, missing money and damaged belongings we were given a room. Now after this I told her I refused to stay at OKW and that she needed to find me a room in another resort. She told me there were no room anywhere. I called her every 30 minute for the next hour as I talked with DVC Member services to get there help. I finally called CRO and was told they had rooms in CBR. So I called the manager and she denied it and said there was nothing available. I finally booked the room myself and went up to the main building and gave her the confirmation number and told her to get me out of OKW and pay for CBR. She hesitated and finally did it.

I still never got my money back of anything to cover the damaged camera. the camera still works, but the case was dented and distorted.

I had one other problem at OKW the year prior. I woke up one morning and had something in my eye. My wife could not see anyhing, so I figured I would tough it out and it would eventually dissolve or move. We go over to MK and we are watching the Christmas Parade taping and castle show. Well, my eye is getting more irritated and I cannot take it anymore so I go to first aid. They look at it and see there is a piece of glass in my eye, but cannot get it out. Now they say I need to go to Centra Care to get it removed, but my medical insurance card is in the safe in the room. They call a van and it takes me back to the room to get my wallet and now I have to call Centra Care to come get me. To shorten this up, they get it out and all is good except I am wearing an eye patch for a few days. Now on my last day at WDW before I go home I have to go back to centra care and have the patch removed and check for problems. I call the desk in the morning and ask if my wife and daughter can stay in the room past the 11:00 Am check out. I am told no!!! I told them that I had gotten a piece of glass imbedded in my cornia while sleeping a few nights ago and just need an extra hour until I get back from getting my eye checked out again. They again refused to let them stay in the room. My wife does not do all that well with places she is not familier with and this was a problem. My wife and daughter stayed in the lobby until I returned and I went to complain to the manager and she handed me a card which had information if I wanted to file a case against Disney of the resort for my discomfort. What the hell people, all I wanted was 1 hour!!

I have had far more magical and memorable times at WDW.

flavious27

We checked in at OKW and went to our room which really stunk of sour milk. I mean really bad. We opened the balcony and front door and let it breath while we brought up our luggage At this point we needed to head out for a ADR at Chef Mickey. I tried to call the front desk, but the phone kept breaking up. So now mt daughter and I walk up to the main bldg and tell them that the room really stinks and they have to move us. Unfortunately it is the day before Thanksgiving and the resort is fully booked. We had ADR's for Chef Mickey's that we were close to being late for so they told us to go and check back after dinner. Off to dinner we go and after a great meal we head back to OKW. I drive up by the valet/beel desk and get out. I start walking to the entrance when this Bellman calls my name. I answer him and he proceeds to tell me that he has all my baggage from the room.

Ok, now how does Bell services have anything from my room which I did not tell them to move. Well apparently they checked another family into my room and according to the Bellman he was called to remove someone belongings out of their room. Nonetheless I had my camera's out on the table, food in the fridge and freezer, money in the safe and all of my other items throughout the room. In the end I was missing a $100.00 bill, had a damaged camera and bruised produce that I threw away. After about 2 hours of all out battling with the manager about them violating Disney's check in policies, missing money and damaged belongings we were given a room. Now after this I told her I refused to stay at OKW and that she needed to find me a room in another resort. She told me there were no room anywhere. I called her every 30 minute for the next hour as I talked with DVC Member services to get there help. I finally called CRO and was told they had rooms in CBR. So I called the manager and she denied it and said there was nothing available. I finally booked the room myself and went up to the main building and gave her the confirmation number and told her to get me out of OKW and pay for CBR. She hesitated and finally did it.

I still never got my money back of anything to cover the damaged camera. the camera still works, but the case was dented and distorted.

I had one other problem at OKW the year prior. I woke up one morning and had something in my eye. My wife could not see anyhing, so I figured I would tough it out and it would eventually dissolve or move. We go over to MK and we are watching the Christmas Parade taping and castle show. Well, my eye is getting more irritated and I cannot take it anymore so I go to first aid. They look at it and see there is a piece of glass in my eye, but cannot get it out. Now they say I need to go to Centra Care to get it removed, but my medical insurance card is in the safe in the room. They call a van and it takes me back to the room to get my wallet and now I have to call Centra Care to come get me. To shorten this up, they get it out and all is good except I am wearing an eye patch for a few days. Now on my last day at WDW before I go home I have to go back to centra care and have the patch removed and check for problems. I call the desk in the morning and ask if my wife and daughter can stay in the room past the 11:00 Am check out. I am told no!!! I told them that I had gotten a piece of glass imbedded in my cornia while sleeping a few nights ago and just need an extra hour until I get back from getting my eye checked out again. They again refused to let them stay in the room. My wife does not do all that well with places she is not familier with and this was a problem. My wife and daughter stayed in the lobby until I returned and I went to complain to the manager and she handed me a card which had information if I wanted to file a case against Disney of the resort for my discomfort. What the hell people, all I wanted was 1 hour!!

I have had far more magical and memorable times at WDW.

After these two major problems, I would talk to someone higher up with dvc about the management at okw. You raised a couple of serious issues that shouldn't ever happen.

PhilharMagician

After these two major problems, I would talk to someone higher up with dvc about the management at okw. You raised a couple of serious issues that shouldn't ever happen.
This was many years ago and is water over the dam. I did however talk to the resort manager for the first problem and she really did not want to help. I could sense the stress in the manager and she was extremely overloaded with the holiday crowds. Unfortunately that is no excuse for the lack of customer service and not wanting to own up to a problem. I ended up helping myself out of the situation. Once I was home, I sent an E-mail and a follow-up letter to guest relations and had zero responses. I was honestly baffled by this.

cowanfamily

It is a shame that some people find it amusing to ruin others vacations. But it is also good to know that most Disney guests are kind and caring people. Granted, Im a nice person, in an a-hole sort of way sometimes. But I could never go out and purposely, knowingly, do some of the things people do. Having people tht arent from this country fight over buses and cut in lines is another thing, but its just something you have to deal with I guess. Its weird how the happiest place on earth (or Second if you count Wrigley Field and Old Style) can make some people such jerks.

Ryne Sanberg as coach and a WS victory would make Wrigley alot happier. Unfortunately I have had more horror stories watching the Cubs play than I have had at WDW!

plaz10

I posted this another thread as well...

My terrible story had nothing to do with the actual Disney park in anyway...it was the guest I brought along.

My family went to WDW in April of 2004. It was my mom, dad, sister, her boyfriend and i was single (and in high school) and brought along my friend Kate. Kate was one of my really close friends. At the time, I wasn't a big rider and neither was Kate and Kate had never been to WDW. My family paid for my entire trip and everything (including meals) for Kate's trip except her plane ticket and park tickets. Not a bad deal.

First day - AK. 2nd day - MGM (at this time...didn't ride ToT or RnR, so she didnt ride either of those)....On the 2nd night, she gets a call that her EX BOYFRIEND (stress the EX) went on a date with another girl (we were in 10th grade! in HIGH SCHOOL!) She flipped out. Bawling like crazy. Called her mom to buy her a plane ticket HOME. She wanted to leave THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH because her EX boyfriend went on a date! :fork:
And her mom ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN. my dad had to ride with her to the airport (miss half a day at Epcot) and she went home because she "wanted to be with her mom and talk to Ryan"(the ex). So my family was left with 5...not the greatest of numbers for WDW. A lot of times one of my parents or sister or her boyfriend had to ride alone because no one would let me ride alone because they knew I was so upset. I was so angry! What a terrible reason to leave THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH! If someone did that to me...i'd want to escape to Disney, not go back home!

All in all, it proved to be a good thing afterall because I was so sick of my parents having to sit out on rides with me that I didnt want to...I rode everything! It was truly like Disney Magic that helped me have a great time even though my best friend bailed on me. :animwink:

PolynesianPrincess

My mother, sister and myself were at Disney in March of 2009. We went to AK and it was mid-morning and we had a FP for Dinosaur. We got on the ride and I sat on the outside, followed by my sister, my mother and then an empty seat on the other side. Midway through the ride, a dinosaur popped out from the right side and my sister turned her face towards me (away from the dino) and when she did, I covered my face at the same time and ended up elbowing her in the nose. As everyone knows, that ride is pretty dark but during one flash of light I saw that her nose started bleeding. I grabbed my purse and started rummaging around in it for a napkin but the only thing I could find was a receipt so she put the receipt on her nose to catch the blood. I don’t even remember the rest of the ride because my mother and I were too busy trying to make sure my sister was ok. When we got off the ride, she was tilting her head back to stop the blood. She made the mistake of tipping her head forward and blood gushed out of her nose running down her arm. My mother then continued to the nearest bathroom while my sister and I sat down on a bench. I cant stand the sight of blood and as I helped her wipe up with some napkins someone had handed us, I started to get lightheaded and felt like I was going to get sick. I sprinted to the bathroom and made it to the stall just in time. I had to sit there for a few minutes, lightheaded and nauseaus. I got off the ride expecting her as well as my mother and I to be covered in blood but luckily, she only got one tiny spot of blood on her jean skirt!! Not TOO horrific of a story but definitely one we still remember and talk about. Needless to say, next time we ride Dinosaur, there will an empty seat between me and the person riding next to me! lol

NYwdwfan

My mother, sister and myself were at Disney in March of 2009. We went to AK and it was mid-morning and we had a FP for Dinosaur. We got on the ride and I sat on the outside, followed by my sister, my mother and then an empty seat on the other side. Midway through the ride, a dinosaur popped out from the right side and my sister turned her face towards me (away from the dino) and when she did, I covered my face at the same time and ended up elbowing her in the nose. As everyone knows, that ride is pretty dark but during one flash of light I saw that her nose started bleeding. I grabbed my purse and started rummaging around in it for a napkin but the only thing I could find was a receipt so she put the receipt on her nose to catch the blood. I don’t even remember the rest of the ride because my mother and I were too busy trying to make sure my sister was ok. When we got off the ride, she was tilting her head back to stop the blood. She made the mistake of tipping her head forward and blood gushed out of her nose running down her arm. My mother then continued to the nearest bathroom while my sister and I sat down on a bench. I cant stand the sight of blood and as I helped her wipe up with some napkins someone had handed us, I started to get lightheaded and felt like I was going to get sick. I sprinted to the bathroom and made it to the stall just in time. I had to sit there for a few minutes, lightheaded and nauseaus. I got off the ride expecting her as well as my mother and I to be covered in blood but luckily, she only got one tiny spot of blood on her jean skirt!! Not TOO horrific of a story but definitely one we still remember and talk about. Needless to say, next time we ride Dinosaur, there will an empty seat between me and the person riding next to me! lol

Just the story left me lightheaded and nauseated. That is really awful.

flavious27

This was many years ago and is water over the dam. I did however talk to the resort manager for the first problem and she really did not want to help. I could sense the stress in the manager and she was extremely overloaded with the holiday crowds. Unfortunately that is no excuse for the lack of customer service and not wanting to own up to a problem. I ended up helping myself out of the situation. Once I was home, I sent an E-mail and a follow-up letter to guest relations and had zero responses. I was honestly baffled by this.

It can be overwhelming for a manager during the busiest time of year for them, but sometimes they create their own messes. you don't train and retain good staff, you have situations like #1. If you don't do random spot checks and follow up with your housecleaning staff, #2 happens.

As for no responses from guest relations, that is a head scratchier. I complained to six flags and got a response along with free passes.

When I was 15, we were having dinner at the Cinderella castle for my parents 27th anniversary. My parents were checking us in and I was reading my book (like belle lol) and sitting next to this little girl wearing everything princess Aurora! She was just so excited to eat dinner with the princesses! Then her mom comes over and says "I didn't make a reservation and they can't fit us in, we're going back to the hotel for dinner." The little girl started crying, "But, but you promised!" By this point other families are looking at them, so the mom yells, "stop that! People are watching you!" And the little girl jumps up and screams, "LET EM WATCH! LET EM SEE WHAT A BAD MOM YOU ARE!" And she took off running into fantasyland. 1/2 of me felt for the little girl, the other 1/2 just wanted to eat dinner without anymore excitement, haha.

SyracuseDisneyFan

This occurred on my last trip. I was back at Bay Lake Tower after having spent the day at Epcot. Some of us went back to the hotel. Other stayed at Epcot until closing. Those who stayed at Epcot took the monorail back. Long story short, the monorail was stuck for a while. My brother opened a window. Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.

Heffalump333

I remember when I was about 6 or 7 I went to Epcot and went on The Seas with Nemo and Friends and went to the gift shop and saw this plush dolphin that was pretty small and I wanted to get it so I got it. Later, I went on a bunch of rides and attractions at WDW and my mom asked me where my plush dolphin was. I lost it. So I went back to The Seas with Nemo and friends and told the person (different person than when I first got the dolphin) that I lost my plush dolphin. He asked my mom and I if we had the receipt. We did not. In the end he gave me a new plush dolphin. I am now 13 and I still have that plush dolphin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom