Disney Horror Stories

Florida Man

Originally posted by figmentmom
My worst Disney experience was certainly no fault of Disney's! We waited until our youngest was five before we ventured to WDW. We'd saved up for quite a while to stay on Disney property and really do things right, and ALL of us were really looking forward to a perfect vacation (ha!) Our little guy started coughing a bit on the plane ride down, but not enough to even sound the alarm in my head. By the time we got to the hotel, though, he was starting to sound like a barking seal, so I dutifully got out the Dimetapp and Robitussin. By the next morning it was apparent that an antibiotic was probably in order, so we headed for the clinic. The doctor prescribed Amoxicillin, assuring us he was no longer contagious. We filled the prescription, dosed the kid, and headed for the MK. All was well until an hour after his second dose of the medicine. He broke out in bright red splotches, and I mean fire engine red! Between that and the ever-worsening cough, people were fleeing us in droves. NO ONE would get close enough for me to feebly explain that he wasn't contagious (and can you blame them???) We sheepishly headed for First Aid, where they kindly told us that he was probably just experiencing a reaction to sunlight because of the Amoxicillin. By the time we had it all sorted out, it was back to the hotel (where we were STILL pariahs!) It was several days before we had the nerve to venture too far. :lol:

Oh!! Yea when I was little the same thing happened to me. I'm 14 now so everything I fill out, I have to put I'm allergic to Amoxil. I didn't know that it could be caused by the sunlight. I will tell my parents this tommorrow and see what they say. ok just my 2 cents. Now back to Not-So-Fun-Disney vacations!

CrashNet

Originally posted by meeko_33785
I remember about 7 or so years ago I was at the UK pavillion at EPCOT. It was a hot summer morning and there were a bunch of characters were in the garden in the back of the pavillion. Suddenly, it seemed that Winnie the Pooh had enough of the heat and fainted. People were shouting to the CMs to help Pooh and eventualy ended dragging the still-smilling bear off stage. I can't imagine how traumatizing it was for all the children that were there to see that happen.

I hope this isn't wrong, but I laughed when you said they dragged a still smiling pooh off stage. :lol:

lt-hambone

Why is it.....

While on our honeymoon, my wife and I rode Splash Mountain in the third row. The first row were two young kids, and their parents were in the second row. On the way down the hill I was pointing and laughing at my wife, so much so that the couple in the fourth row were laughing! My goal was to have a very memorable photo as a Honeymoon Keepsake.

When we went to look at the picture, guess what? The dad in the second row STOOD UP, and lean over to be next to his wife. All you saw were him, his wife, and their two kids. They thought it was the best picture ever!

My wife and I (along with the couple behind us), commented how rude this was of the family. The dad heard us, and told us to "well, if you don't like the picture, ride again!", and blew us off! I told him that we were on our honeymoon, and that he and his family just runined a nice picture of us - once again, he told us to suck it up and ride again. He also went on to explain that he and his family had paid good money to go on this trip, and they were going to enjoy themselves however they saw fit!

I started running a list of appropriate responses through my head -

1) Oh, so we came here for free?
2) Like a honeymoon isn't enjoyable or memorable?
3) I didn't know your last name was Eisner?
4) You and me. Small World. One hour. Be there.

But common sense got the better of me, and we walked away quietly, and quickly.

When we went to ride again, the line was too long, there were no fast passes available, and the day was almost over. We never did get another chance to ride during the rest of stay :mad: , but we didn't let that keep us from having a very magical Honeymoon!

As wonderful of a place as WDW is, it is just a shame that it brings out the worst in a few people. But the some of the good will always be more than the sum of the bad!

Al

Luckily, I havent had any really bad disney experiences, apart from on the lazy river at blizzard beach, I cut my foot on one of the grills on the bottom! My foot hurt when i walked for the rest of the day, but luckily when we got back to our hotel room, I put a plaster on and was ready to hit the parks the next day!!!

....Pretty pathetic! :lol:

CrashNet

Originally posted by Alberrisford
Luckily, I havent had any really bad disney experiences, apart from on the lazy river at blizzard beach, I cut my foot on one of the grills on the bottom! My foot hurt when i walked for the rest of the day, but luckily when we got back to our hotel room, I put a plaster on and was ready to hit the parks the next day!!!

....Pretty pathetic! :lol:

Did they make everyone get out because your foot was bleeding?

Dizknee_Phreek

my horror story would be from this past Thanksgiving...i'm sure some of you have already heard this one (and i'm sure many more of you have experienced it for yourselves) our very last day, i wanted so bad to make every meal count (ya know, eat some of my favorite things and savor every moment of it) i had been wanting to try the grilled chicken sandwich at Beach Club all week, so my sister and i headed back to the resort for lunch. needless to say, it wasn't at all what i expected. so by supper time i was hoping for a memorable meal...my family decides to eat at The Land...i had chicked strips, which are usually good, but they weren't up-to-par this time. right after supper i just didn't feel good at all. i figured it would eventually pass. but it didn't. it just got worse. i felt like i couldn't walk all that far, and then i started getting the chills. after the 2nd or 3rd viewing of illuminations that week, we started making our way around the countries back to Beach Club. i made it from Norway to right before the bridge by China and i had to sit down, my breathing got heavy, and i couldn't talk. and i :hurl: right there...only the 2nd time in my life that's happened in a public place. i thought i'd be ok after that, but i ended up :hurl: 4 times within 12 hours. Disney was certainly not the happiest place on earth for me that night! of course the next day was a 13 hour trip home...i didn't want to risk getting sick in the car, so i consumed nothing but water the whole day...i had a killer headache by the time i got home too! i was so miserable! i'm still convenced it was the grilled chicken sandwich.
and to top it all, we were supposed to be attending the Candlelight Processional that night, but since Roy Disney cancelled, we did too...and thank goodness! i can't imagine sitting there with who knows how many people and feeling the way i did!

Al

Originally posted by cac2889
Did they make everyone get out because your foot was bleeding?

To be honest, I dont really think it was bleeding, as i didnt notice til i got out and tried to walk on it :) It was nothing serious really

disneydudette

When we were all younger....
We waited in line to see Mickey and Goofy....for like an hour
My liitle brother (3) was getting really tired and was about to throw a fit....but we were close and my younger sister (5) really wanted to see Mickey....
So we waited it out...it was only another 5 minutes....and my brother seemed fine....UNTIL we got close to Mickey....he started to yell....(he was a real talker for his age:rolleyes: ) and my sister was getting mad.....so she pushed him out of the way and ran to mickey....
Well of course he cried....and everyone in line laughed...and so did I ...which I think made it hard on him....Mickey walked over to him....and went to help him up....:) ....But my brother was soo mad he socked michey right in the nose....:eek:...and smiled after
My sister started balling and screaming " you punched Mickey...whos going to be in the parade....":cry:
Mickey had a hard time getting up.....but he did....and my family left quicley with two kids crying....
On the way out my dad said sry to the CM and the CM told us to go to the photo place to get our picture.....
We did and sure enough...it was a pic of my brother right after he socked mickey....and my sister crying....
we had to buy it....

Nansafan

Just thought of another one. (This is my 3rd story on this thread.) It was 2001 and we were at WDW in August. My two neices were with us, 13 and 10. On about day 5 or 6, we were having dinner at the Contemporary Steakhouse. The 10 yr old asked where the rest room was and darted off. I ran after her. We made it into a stall just in time for her to b**f. She then said she was feeling a little better. I was already done with dinner. We joined the rest of the party and told them we would go back to the hotel. We were staying at the Poly so it was a short monorail ride back. The rest of them went to DD for shopping and we went back to the room. My neice proceeded to get sick 5 or 6 more times. When they returned from shopping, my brother freaked a bit. He had read in the Chicago papers about this disease in Florida from the mosquitos. Of course he didn't know all the details so that made it worse. She would fall asleep and then wake up screaming from a nightmare. We weren't sure what she had and neither of her parents were there. They were in Chicago. We had a permission letter from them and also a letter stating we were the girls temporary guardians for the trip and had the authority to approve medical attention on their behalf. Finally at 1:00 PM, we called guest services and then we called the fire department for an ambulance. The paramedics were great. They said she was most likely a bit dehydrated and that we should push the fluids. The night manager at the Poly sent up some ginger ale and Pepto Bismol. She finally fell asleep. The next day we had a hotel pool fun day. She was ready to roll the following day. We push the water with her every trip since then.

willn

I don't really remember this but I have heard the story so many times I feel like I do soo..

I was really little and my parents had told me that Mickey would let enyone that was 3 into WDW if they weren't potty trained(a brief history: I was a very stubborn little girl and didn't want to get potty Trained I also didn't want to learn to read... go firgure:lol: )sooo... I learned how to go and on our next trip to WDW my parents say they found out where every single bathroom in WDW was.:lol:

My first trip (circa 1976, I was 4 years old) my parents "accidentally" left my security blanket behind at the hotel.

The trauma began when I couldn't find my blanky, about 2 hours into our Ford Country Squire station wagon ride back to TX.

34 years later, and I still poke fun at my mom about this. Usually when she breaks out the photo album to show my friends how cute I looked in my first set of mouse ears.

Thankfully, I still remember almost all the great details of that trip, which is why I go back again, and again, and again. . . so I sacrificed my blanky for a lifetime of Disney magic.

ddbowdoin

hmm, no really bad memories as a child... only one bad one from my trip this past May.

My gf and I enjoyed an amazing day, and I mean amazing, at MK... we hit every show and every attraction we wanted and the weather was divine. So after a full day (open to close) my gf and I knew we would expect long lines of exhausted children. To me, its part of the experience, it is expected and because I am fully aware it never bothers me. Well, the lines were massive for the monorails and ferry, we decided on the ferry. All is well, families are laughing and talking about how amazing their day was. Children are sleeping in strollers, faces filled with magic... the kind of stuff I cant wait to do with my future children someday.

THEN...

to my right, about 15-20feet this thug looking black guy, with his son on his shoulders, just decided he's not waiting in line and starts pushing through people and cutting. You can hear the rumbling of people as he began to cut, after waiting patiently themselves. This older white gentleman (likely mid 70's) puts his arm out and says "there is a line for a reason, all of these families and waiting patiently"

he then shoves the old man to the ground, and starts dropping F bomb this, take your F'n hands of me, nobody better f'n touch me! At full volume, in front of a load of kids... and he stormed up to the front. I assumed a cast member did something but at that point I couldn't see. I was lucky that there were enough people between me because I wouldn't have let that happen in front of me... A fully grown man in his 30's physically confronted and knocked down a man old enough to be his father... it was disgusting.

rct247

In July 2009, I was at the Magic Kingdom about to board the Walt Disney World Railroad at Main Street. In Town Square there was a teenage boy who was special needs who was quite upset that he had to leave the Magic Kingdom and started causing a scene. Being among crowds didn't help, so they took him up to the train station where it was less crowded. Unfortunately, the teenage boy started putting up a fight with his mother. We were on the platform waiting for the next train watching the situation through the windows. The teen was much bigger and stronger than his mother so they called in security. Trying to be polite and not stare, we drew our attention back to our conversations when all of a sudden glass shattered about 5 feet away. The teenage boy had punched a pane of glass out of one of the windows cutting his hand in the process. We then had to evacuate the station for safety purposed, but I felt so bad for the family.

There was also the time this past summer (Summer 2010) when the Summer Nightastic fireworks were interupted because someone called in claiming the castle was on fire when in fact, it was part of the show's effect. As a result, thousands of guests didn't get to see the fireworks concluded that evening. At least Disney hold safety so high.

loveofamouse

On a trip a couple of years ago, there was my husband, my son and daughter, my mom and dad and brother. We were at MK. For whatever reason, we were all craving hot dogs. We went to some hot dog place in Fantasyland. Well, not even 2hrs later, every MALE in our party was sick. My DH was vomitting in the bushes of TL. My son was puking in his stroller. My dad and brother barely made it to the bathrooms. Ended up with more symptoms later lol. All of us females were fine. Wusses ;)

There was also the fall that happened this last trip. That's in another thread.

JafarMaleficent

Let's see I have 2 stories.

The first one was at MNSSHP I was in line to meet Jafar my fav. Villian and the cm said 5 more min. I was excited I would still be able to meet Jafar and as soon as we were the next family to get up to see him the cm said the family in front of us was last. Needless to say I was quite upset and I'm 19 but that's all I wanted to do was meet Jafar. My fiance even told the cm that he was my fav villian and she just said oh well too bad he need to get back before the fireworks.

The second was a couple weeks ago. We decided to go to see holiday wishes and people kept walking in front of us so I made a comment to my fiance othat people don't listen and this lady turned around and yelled at me "do you have a problem with it" I said yeah I do. Thenshe said " we paid good money to be her and you fust need to shut the f up." Seriously infront of kids you tell me to shut up like that. Apparently we didn't pay anything to get in the parks.

hevysrf

Wonder

Boarded the Wonder on a December afternoon in 05, 25 mph wind out of the northeast, rain coming down sideways. Not many people at dinner that evening, barf in the hallways, water splashing 8ft high out of the 1/2 filled pools. Son only got a headache, wife did ok, I spent most of the night on the top deck near the forward windscreen. Spray would actually reach that high from the larger waves. Best Disney ride I was on that year. MartyD

First bad experience was back in the late 90's. I had been to Disney several times in the years prior but this was the first time spending 10 straight days in my favorite place! The day we arrived it was beautiful, blue skies, puffy white clouds, warm...just perfect. The next 8 days it poured pretty much non stop. As we were heading to the airport, the sun came out. What a bummer of a vacation. We made the best of it but came home with only a handful of photos from that trip. :(

The next bad thing...not really bad...we find it pretty funny actually, happened this December 2010. We were just getting ready to board Soarin' when it broke down. They did several "test flights" then decided they needed to have us exit through the back door and around. We were handed fastpasses good for any day/time for the next 2 weeks. We were able to ride again two days later when we were back at Epcot. Then as were were near the loading area for Maelstrom it broke down. Everyone had to turn around and exit back through the entrance. We were able to ride it on our next day at Epcot. Our last day in the parks we got fastpasses for Expedition Everest and headed to lunch. We came back to get another set since enough time had passed but it was still too soon to ride with our originals. We noticed a bunch of people standing around and did not know why. Guess what??? It was broken. We were starting to wonder if it was us. Later in the afternoon it was up and running again and we were able to ride with our expired fastpasses and again with our second set at the appropriate time. Good thing since that was our only day in Animal Kingdom and we were going home the next day. Our daughters 5 & 7 had their hearts set on riding.

Nothing bad enough to ever stop me from going! :)

juan

I've had a couple bad experiences, mostly getting sick. :lol:

Back about 6 years ago I was on my way to Epcot for the 5K run for marathon weekend. I had been looking forward to the run for months and was in top shape and probably would have finished in the top 10. I wasn't feeling great that morning, but just shook it off and went to the starting area. I started feeling worse and worse and nearly collapsed. Needless to say, I didn't run and went back to the hotel and stayed in bed for the next day and a half.

Last NYE, I woke about 4am :hurl: and hugged the toilet for the next 8 hours. I finally gathered the strength to go to Epcot for the party (I had an amazing day planned for my gf) but only lasted a couple hours before I had to go back to bed. Not exactly how I wanted to spend the night.

flavious27

"WE'RE AT THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH AND YOU'RE GONNA HAVE FUN DAMNIT!!!"

Is it wrong that I laughed over that?

Worst was having the family next to and across the hall from us in poly that didn't get conjuring rooms and just let the door swing and hit the door lock bar instead of using their hotel cards.

Oh and I also got stung by a sea orchid while at castaway cay, disney medical was cool but the solution wasn't much of a solution.

And if anyone was in an epcot monorail in april of 2001 and was annoyed by the high school kids that were jumping and flipping around into your section, I am sorry.

flavious27

This story is still terrifying for my mother. My parents, two sisters and I went to the UK at Epcot for dinner in like 1991ish... well my littliest sister, who was about 3, walked into the hostess stand. For some reason there was a small piece of metal sticking out of it and punctured her face about 1/2 below her right eye ( she still has the scar)... all she did was scream, and the CMs called their boss and he was all like.. "OMG we're so sorry. Do you want Mickey sweetie. We can bring Mickey over if you want." Needless to say all my sister wanted to do was go back to our hotel to bleed in private. I still think it's funny that the head CM thought that bringing over a CM in costume would fix the problem.. He was very helpful tho... I still remember that... :lol:

He would only suggest it if it wasn't asked earlier.

flavious27

Years ago me and my family went to WDW. I was maybe 16 at the time. Me and my sister decided to wait out the hour and a half wait for Star tours. It was blindingly hot that day so we wre leaving room between us and the people in front of us. Well, the woman behind us did not like this one bit. She kept telling her husband, in a loud voice, "they're holding up evreyone, whats wrong with them, why dont they move up". It was a couple of feet tops. Well, mid way through the ouitdoor que, I look over my shoulder and the woman is pushing my 12 year old sister forward. So I turned and told her that was it....and I was serious. Her husband was a big dude, but I didnt care. So the line continued on, again, when it stopped I left space in front of us. She did it again. THis time, other people in line saw it and started voiving their opinion to this woman. It was a huge commotion, and all I wanted to do was ride the ride and enjoy the cool que. But I couldnt. So as we near the entrance of the building, she did it again, shoved my sister so hard into me, that I hit and knocked the guy in front of me. I should of turned and smacked this woman, but I didnt. The guy who i knocked into knew what was going on, so he did the same thing, him and his family spaced out nicely and comfortably and began talking to me and my sister, much to this womans dismay. She was going crazy, telling her husband he better do something about it, and that it was people like us that make the wait for the rides so long. So....long story short, I asked a CM to put us on a different vehicle than her and that was the end of it. I was only 16 at the time, and kind of intimidated, but thankfully other guests were there to help out.

Isn't causing physical harm to another guest an automatic ejection from the park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom