Disney has built last park in Central Florida

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
sniggle74 said:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news....Coke will remain the official drink of Disney for a long time (My S.O. works for CCE) :p

The only time I really enjoy a Pepsi is when I have been without anything to drink for three of four days......Diet Coke is where its at.... :sohappy:

Real_Epcot_Fan

sniggle74 said:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news....Coke will remain the official drink of Disney for a long time (My S.O. works for CCE) :p

Well oh well, i am not going to stop visting Disney because of it :animwink:. But if they close COP forever that would be a reason for me to quit going at least to the Magic KIngdom, in support of COP and Mr. Disney. :fork:

mcfly530

its impossible to predict what will happen years down the road, but at least disney acknowledges trends and is attempting to expand within those restrictions. A fifth park may put a strain on the resort as is, but improving and expending, esp at epcot and animal kingdom would do great to work with what they have.

maybe in another 50 years we will see a new park, but at least there is a conscience effort to renew older attractions and rejuvinate interest.

Pirate665

Real_Epcot_Fan said:
Yes Disney 2D animated movies should come back very soon, they are the best at it. By the way what kid Disney movie has politics? :wave:

Just being general. Sitch almost ALMOST ALMOST had a message about endangered speices needed to be protected, blah blah blah, which IMHO is something political and needs to stay out of kids movies... ALMOST!

And again... Dr. Pepper....

Real_Epcot_Fan

Pirate665 said:
Just being general. Sitch almost ALMOST ALMOST had a message about endangered speices needed to be protected, blah blah blah, which IMHO is something political and needs to stay out of kids movies... ALMOST!

And again... Dr. Pepper....

Well but if its for that almost every Disney movie has a political correct message, i mean i find it as a good message, nothing bad about protecting endangered species. Anyway protecting endangered alien species like Stich can be something todally different, maybe the political part was the guy in the black suit, maybe Disney knows aliens real exist !! :lookaroun

Pirate665

Real_Epcot_Fan said:
Well but if its for that almost every Disney movie has a political correct message, i mean i find it as a good message, nothing bad about protecting endangered species. Anyway protecting endangered alien species like Stich can be something todally different, maybe the political part was the guy in the black suit, maybe Disney knows aliens real exist !! :lookaroun

Oh please, we all know aliens exist. And Elvis isn't dead, he just went home.

FutureCEO

Real_Epcot_Fan said:

:lol: Disney created Area 51 with the government

I thought it was just me that reads the message behind every movie. However Im not one to be PC

BwanaBob

For all those who "jumped to conclusion"...

I would like to ask... are any of you investors?
Does anyone have what remotely looks like a portfolio?
Hell, who has a 401k? Or some kind of company you follow?

(yes...don't slap me. I AM aware of the average age on this website! :lol: )

Business and economies change. Look at K-mart. Heck... look at where WE were 1 1/2 yrs ago when Eisner was spouting from the mouth.

I still remember when him and Larry King were chewing on beef-jerky that night about how wonderful things were (if I believed Mike).

Things change...................QUICKLY.

This is a snapshot in this moment of time. RIGHT NOW is not a good time to go nuts. Re-evaluate and proceed.

It's cyclical, folks. Give it time. Grizz was right...bookmark this discussion and pull it up a year from now.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
eh-steve.gif

Sherm00

I didn't read all the posts but it makes perfect sense to me. A new park in florida would take away from the existing parks. Right now disney is low on the investment totum pole. they need to get back to quality not quantity. over seas is where the money is at right now and though I would love to see disney seas in florida however the attraction there could be added to AK just as easially. Kids today are definitly diffrent. I think disney is starting to get back on track and it's going to take a little while to get there and they know it.

KentB3

MiklCraw4d said:
Absolutely! I am really nervous about Big Mike's recent inclination to put a small Disney park in every emerging Asian economy. I have this nightmarish image of crappy Magic Kingdoms speckling the Pacific Rim diminishing the brand.

I would guarantee the eventual parade of analysts that are shocked - shocked! - when it eventually cuts into WDW's overseas market share. And overseas visitors are very important to WDW. Al Weiss won't be too happy when there are little three-land parks in Hong Kong, Singapore, Bejing, Bangkok, New Delhi, Perth, Seoul and the big one in Tokyo leeching his visitors.

I know about the soon-to-open Disney theme park in Hong Kong, and have heard about the proposeds parks in Shanghai, and Seoul, as well as one being considered for New Delhi, India; but haven't heard anything about Bejing, Bangkok, and Perth being planned yet. Where did you get this information? :confused:

speck76

Original Poster
Disneyfan1981 said:
Why? I'd like to be able to ride the Monorail through the WDW resort to all four parks. Is there are a reason why it shouldn't be extended past MK and Epcot?:veryconfu

Extending the monorail system is not only VERY costly.....in the multi-BILLION dollar range, but the system is very limited.

1. Where does the monorail originate? Would it be joined to the TTC, which thenwould only connect it to the other parks, the current monorail resorts, and the park parking lots.

2. Would you build a bunch of "out and back" lines to the parks, or put them all on one loop? If you choose the out and back loops (think Epcot) then yours costs go way high, as you are installing a ton of beam.....if you put them all on one loop, then the monorail trip would be so long that people would not ride it.

Busses are the way to go.....sure, they are not as fascinating, but the systems is extremely flexible, and it does not have nearly the cost of a monorail.

speck76

Original Poster
Empress Room said:
To me, the most interesting line in the entire article is:

At Disney World, Weiss won't reveal what Disney has planned for its 47-square-mile compound.

This confirms that the article is nothing more than the authors' speculation and conjecture. The fact is, Disney historically and wisely keeps everything close to the vest concerning its future plans. This is a very smart move because, both financially and strategically, it keeps Disney's competitors and detractors off balance.

Well, The Orlando Slantinel is very good at reporting opinions, and not fact, and most of these "special reports" always have some type of hidden agenda by the newspaper (read the Orange County Convention Center piece of crap they published a few weeks ago...which was basically the newspaper's complaining for a new arena for the Orlando Tragic)

askmike1

speck76 said:
Extending the monorail system is not only VERY costly.....in the multi-BILLION dollar range, but the system is very limited.
Oh so true.Currently Disney has 13.6 miles of track. If you wanted to double that (to serve DMGM/AK/Resorts), it would cost $1.2 BILLION! That's 12 Mission Spaces! It would take 5 Titanics (the most expensive film in history costing an estimated $200m to make)! Epcot($1b) and Animal Kingdom($800m) cost less than that. So doubling the monorail (which is basically what it would be when you extend it) would cost as much as a 5th park + 2 Mission: Spaces+Titanic...and that's just for the track! Add on prices for additional TTCs, stations, CMs, monorails and you got yourself one very expensive project.

-Michael

speck76

Original Poster
askmike1 said:
Oh so true.Currently Disney has 13.6 miles of track. If you wanted to double that (to serve DMGM/AK/Resorts), it would cost $1.2 BILLION! That's 12 Mission Spaces! It would take 5 Titanics (the most expensive film in history costing an estimated $200m to make)! Epcot($1b) and Animal Kingdom($800m) cost less than that. So doubling the monorail (which is basically what it would be when you extend it) would cost as much as a 5th park + 2 Mission: Spaces+Titanic...and that's just for the track! Add on prices for additional TTCs, stations, CMs, monorails and you got yourself one very expensive project.

-Michael

Considering the location of DAK......I think the track length would be a bit longer than your estimate.

MiklCraw4d

KentB3 said:
I know about the soon-to-open Disney theme park in Hong Kong, and have heard about the proposeds parks in Shanghai, and Seoul, as well as one being considered for New Delhi, India; but haven't heard anything about Bejing, Bangkok, and Perth being planned yet. Where did you get this information? :confused:

Just trying to imagine what floats through Big Mike's head at night :)

What's funny is that when I was just shooting out random cities, I actually forgot the one that they really did want to put in Shanghai.

I just made up Perth, but rumors have been in the air for years now that they wanted a park in Australia. It'll go away for a few years, but it always comes back into the rumor mill much like the South American park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom