Disney Genie/Genie+ On Their Way to Anaheim

SplashGhost

For a family that is on that "once-in-a-lifetime" vacation or the family that is only at the parks every few years, an additional $150+ is probably nothing in the total cost of the vacation. I'd pay it if it guaranteed my family got on the most popular attraction during our once in-a-lifetime trip.

I see Disney having no problems selling the Rise of the Resistance passes, especially at Disney World.

I know that people on once-in-a-lifetime trips will buy these, and I know I might have paid one time to skip the boarding pass hassle, especially back when it first opened and the only chance to ride it was to play the boarding group lottery at rope drop. However, these slots that would have been for boarding groups will now be taken by Lightning Lane passes, which will make it even harder to get a "free" boarding group. It is already way too much of a hassle to get a boarding group, and this will just make the park a worse experience for guests.

DrAlice

For a family that is on that "once-in-a-lifetime" vacation or the family that is only at the parks every few years, an additional $150+ is probably nothing in the total cost of the vacation. I'd pay it if it guaranteed my family got on the most popular attraction during our once in-a-lifetime trip.

I see Disney having no problems selling the Rise of the Resistance passes, especially at Disney World.
I only go every couple of years. This summer was our first chance to see Rise. Nope, still wouldn't pay $150 on top of what we already paid to be there. If it was the only time I was ever going to visit the park, I STILL wouldn't pay it. I'd just be mad. 🤷‍♀️

CaptinEO

Honestly here's the main thing with this sysytem:

1) If only a small percentage of people use it, standby should be nicer than how it was in the free fastpass days. Less disruption to standby and it should be mostly pleasant.

2) If a large number of people use this, then it becomes the standard and will practically be a necessity to get anything done.

mickEblu

Honestly here's the main thing with this sysytem:

1) If only a small percentage of people use it, standby should be nicer than how it was in the free fastpass days. Less disruption to standby and it should be mostly pleasant.

2) If a large number of people use this, then it becomes the standard and will practically be a necessity to get anything done.

I agree but just can’t see a large percentage of APs using this on a regular basis.

Tamandua

I feel pretty much the same. Glad standby lines are sticking around. I also think standby lines should move a bit faster since genie + isn’t included with APs tickets. Overall this makes a better experience for tourists and is a downgrade for APs. For my eventual first trip to WDW in Jan 2023 It’s an easy choice for me to lightning and genie+ the popular rides. At DL I’ll pretty much only be using it if I’m hosting family from out of the town or out of the country.

Like you, my biggest problem is the phone thing. A day at Disneyland is starting to require way too much time looking at your phone.

I caved and spontaneously went to DL at 3pm this past Sunday when my Bro in law and sis texted us raving about the wait times. Every single rides wait time in the park was between a walk on and 10 minutes…except Peter Pan. I can’t remember anything like it in my lifetime. Mayyyybe once or twice when I was a kid. Anyway it was so nice to not have to plan a damn thing and still ride everything you want. We did 14 rides in 8 hours. Including a 1.5 hour dinner at Cafe Orleans with no reservations.
It's really crazy how low the crowds have been lately. I went twice this month and both times were very low crowds. Walking on to some E-tickets only makes this new paid fastpass system seem more ridiculous.

I've probably been on Rise of the Resistance 10 times by now. It's a great attraction, but there's no way I'd ever pay extra for it at this point. I would assume most APs/locals would feel the same. It's hard for me to imagine paying for Fastpass at all, because ultimately I've been on every ride countless times and I'm basically going for the atmosphere now. None of the rides are so amazing that I want to pay extra to make sure I get on them.

I just want to be able to do whatever I feel like on any given day, even if I have to wait in a line. That's what I miss about Disneyland... Being able to do anything as long as you are willing to wait. The smartphone integration/reservation/boarding group era is sucking the fun out of it.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I mean, I love Star Wars and all, but I wouldn't pay $150 for my family to ride it. $75 for the family to ride RSR??? Yeah, no. That's just ludicrous.

Again, I'll reserve final judgement on this plan until I see the details.
Then for Rise I suggest you get a boarding group and for Racers have fun in the stand by line. No one is forcing anyone to buy this. Your choice. Just no more free fast pass which messed up stand by lines.

CaptinEO

Anyone else have unused FP paper tickets? I’ll be looking at mine for nostalgia’s sake now.
Funny enough yesterday morning I was cleaning out the house and found a whole stack of them that we got when MaxPass was announced (we figured paper fastpass would go away soon after). Then Genie was announced a couple of hours later.

They will be collector items now I suppose.

Tamandua

How long before dining reservations are treated as attractions?

"Bright suns! In addition to your Rise of the Resistance Lightning Lane reservations, we can now offer you a chance to visit Oga's Cantina for only $25 per person (food and drinks not included, 2 drink minimum)."

CaptinEO

How long before dining reservations are treated as attractions?

"Bright suns! In addition to your Rise of the Resistance Lightning Lane reservations, we can now offer you a chance to visit Oga's Cantina for only $25 per person (food and drinks not included, 2 drink minimum)."
I'm not sure about dining, but I think we know World of Color and Fantasmic will now most likely have paid fastpass only, and it will be the only way to get a decent view.

Tamandua

Funny enough yesterday morning I was cleaning out the house and found a whole stack of them that we got when MaxPass was announced (we figured paper fastpass would go away soon after). Then Genie was announced a couple of hours later.

They will be collector items now I suppose.
I look forward to seeing the old paper fastpass machines being sold at Disneyland themed auctions in the near future where rich people fight it out for the opportunity to spend 6 figures on one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom