News Disney Genie digital assistant app coming to Walt Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's flawed logic. EMH and FP+ were two entirely different perks that served a different purpose and were both free at the same time.

The idea that they have no reason to offer free line skips because they can charge and profit from them would be no different then if for months there was a discussion as to why they would the offer extended evening hours to resort guests when they can charge for them? Yet, they still offered extended evenings for free.

So yes. For the 1001st time, offering a free FP or 2 (or equivalent with a new name) is not out of the realm of reality.

Stop trying to engrave in everyones heads that Chapeks goal is to appease the board members.
We all know this. They do not need to charge for this new service but it makes sense that they do. It would be smart for them to do so. I'd be shocked if they didn't! Id also be shocked if resort guests were. ot thrown a freebie or two, whether thru need to or not.
Ok…EMH was tied to the room. Fp+ Was not.

it was a longer booking Window…but everyone who bought a ticket got it.

what else you got?

You’re saying what you want and have been for a month now…3 newbies or longtime no post with similar stances and quirks…if one pays attention

now the good news is you may get what you want.

not lined up that way though, Hoss.

Waters Back Side

Ok…EMH was tied to the room. Fp+ Was not.

it was a longer booking Window…but everyone who bought a ticket got it.

what else you got?

Tied to the room or not, they could have charged for extended evening hours using yout logic. What sense would it make for them not to? FP 60 day in advance choices were also tied to resort reservations.

See where I'm going there?

In no way did they have to allow 2 or more hours in a park for free before or after closing. But they did. What else do you got?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Tied to the room or not, they could have charged for extended evening hours using yout logic. What sense would it make for them not to?

See where I'm going there?

In no way did they have to allow 2 or more hours in a park for free before or after closing. But they did. What else do you got?
Yeah I see where you’re going, bloodhound…down the wrong trail

Because you notice who gets the “extended evening hours”???

why is that?…or more specifically…what “currency” is being used to pay for about half of those room nights?

Waters Back Side

Yeah I see where you’re going, bloodhound…down the wrong trail

Because you notice who gets the “extended evening hours”???

why is that?…or more specifically…what “currency” is being used to pay for about half of those room nights?

Yes it's true only Deluxe guests get it free. However you and so many others have been saying forever seemingly that it makes no sense for Disnety to offer free FP to anyone including deluxe guests. Do you still stand by that sentiment? I think most people who think logically believe at minimum resort guests will get 1 at minimum. And then pay to play after.

The Genie app, no matter how many billions of dollars they have invested in what will end up being another likely failed technology, will also be tied into dining reservations and eventually take over for MDE I would have to think. So its not like they need to charge everyone for all FPs to meet their goals and make their investment back. What I "want" is what so many others who used FP wanted, to continue to get them for free. But realistically I know that will not happen, at least how it did.

And using the newbie poster tactic is weak. Who cares?Yeah so this is a topic of interest that I post in more then others discussions. You sound like someone admitting defeat and have no other way to admit it other then the excuse "new or rare poster" angle. Guess what? I could be entirely wrong and the intention all along was to pay per ride at WDW. But being they will never no matter what they do be able to complete fix the lines, my guess is they have come to the conclusion that offering some free to resort guests have more benefits long term then not.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes it's true only Deluxe guests get it free. However you and so many others have been saying forever seemingly that it makes no sense for Disnety to offer free FP to anyone including deluxe guests. Do you still stand by that sentiment? I think most people who think logically believe at minimum resort guests will get 1 at minimum. And then pay to play after.

The Genie app, no matter how many billions of dollars they have invested in what will end up being another likely failed technology, will also be tied into dining reservations and eventually take over for MDE I would have to think. So its not like they need to charge everyone for all FPs to meet their goals and make their investment back.

And using the newbie poster tactic is weak. Who cares?Yeah so this is a topic of interest that I post in more then others. You sound like someone admitting defeat and have no other way to admit it other then the excuse "new or rare poster" angle. Guess what? I could be entirely wrong and the intention all along was to pay per ride at WDW. But being they will never no matter what they do be able to complete fix the lines, my guess is they have come to the conclusion that offering some free to resort guests have more benefits long term then not.
You dodged the question…

half the “deluxe” rooms are dvc…who are less likely to go with this on average than the one timers or seldoms.

I smell what they’re doing…throw the DVC a bone and give them 2 hours a week in magic kingdom or Epcot and MAYBE they won’t in the parks/on the buses/at the pools all day.

generally speaking…we’ve been at this longer and are in deep. So the “you don’t know how it was…” isn’t a real thing.

Waters Back Side

You dodged the question…

half the “deluxe” rooms are dvc…who are less likely to go with this on average than the one timers or seldoms.

I smell what they’re doing…throw the DVC a bone and give them 2 hours a week in magic kingdom or Epcot and MAYBE they won’t ***** in the parks/on the buses/at the pools all day.

generally speaking…we’ve been at this longer and are in deep. So the “you don’t know how it was…” isn’t a real thing.

They could also have chosen to charge for early entry. They could have kept it 30 minutes and charged extra or extended it an hour and charge even more. Instead they chose to offer it for free for all resort and good neighbor guests.

MY point was, this nonsense of an arguement that "it makes no practical sense at this time to offer any free FP to anyone because attendance is not suffering", there are other things they could have charged for and have not.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They could also have chosen to charge for early entry. They could have kept it 30 minutes and charged extra or extended it an hour and charge even more. Instead they chose to offer it for free for all resort and good neighbor guests.

MY point was, this nonsense of an arguement that "it makes no practical sense at this time to offer any free FP to anyone because attendance is not suffering", there are other things they could have charged for and have not.
My point is you really have no point…

the 30 minutes is absolutely nothing…for everyone. Just watch that play.

the 2 hours is a minimum cost peace offering that may work.

what’s left in between? 10-12 hours per day to put the pressure on the fast pass bundles.

see the forest beyond the tree.

oh…and after hours…increasing cost (fell for it again with this Halloween thing 🙄) for less benefit to fix a self created problem.

but you may still get what you want…as always i hope I’m wrong.

but your claims/dismissals are not incredibly knowledge or experience based here

Waters Back Side

My point is you really have no point…

the 30 minutes is absolutely nothing…for everyone. Just watch that play.

the 2 hours is a minimum cost peace offering that may work.

what’s left in between? 10-12 hours per day to put the pressure on the fast pass bundles.

see the forest beyond the tree.

oh…and after hours…increasing cost (fell for it again with this Halloween thing 🙄) for less benefit to fix a self created problem.

but you may still get what you want…as always i hope I’m wrong.

but your claims/dismissals are not incredibly knowledge or experience based here

Yeah early entry is nothing. If anything it's an insult 30 minutes. Especially when after 10 minutes they start to historically let everyone in without even checking if they are day guests or resort guests. As usual though, you missed the point.

I dont claim or dismiss anything. I know enough about how Disney operates. Nor do I disagree with most of what you say actually. The one main difference is the notion that FP will not be free for anyone in any scenario. Whether paid FP is in line with everything else or not.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

Yeah early entry is notjing. If anything it's an insult 30 minutes. Especially when after 10 minutes they start to historically let everyone in without even checking if they are day guests or resort guests.

I dont claim or dismiss anything. I know enough about how Disney operates. Nor do I disagree with most of what you say actually. The one main difference is the notion that FP will not be free for anyone in any scenario. Whether paid FP is in line with everything else or not.
I can't see it being free at all anymore. Cause if you give resort guests free FP very few will pay for extra cause the majority were fine with the few free the got. You're new free FP is early entry.

Waters Back Side

I can't see it being free at all anymore. Cause if you give resort guests free FP very few will pay for extra cause the majority were fine with the few free the got. You're new free FP is early entry.

I disagree. In fact I think resort guests would be more inclined to pay for more after any free ones they were offered. And a high price. Especially in the 3 of 4 parks that have tiered rides for the headliners. I do not think 3 free is reasonable any longer. But 1 or 2 is. Disney is better off giving guests the option to spend their money instead of forcing them. I'll spend money on line skips after a couple of walk ons.

And non resort guests would have to pay. They can make a ton of money monetizing FP and still offering some free. And the lines problems should not be a big enough concern either because that will always exist to some extent. Disneu does not need to charge for every FP to make a profit from it. Nor do they have to as an objective to solve the issue with long lines.

Last edited:

lewisc

What I meant was: why give away something for free that can be charged for? There’s this frequent myth of late that the rooms are selling because of fastpass. Not true. Fastpass isn’t part of an room metric.
Not only that…but half those rooms are already “sold” for decades to come
I envision some free FP being the new free dining. Book a room (rack rate), tickets and paid dining . You get free transfers, Disney pays Mears wholesale rate and some free FP

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I envision some free FP being the new free dining. Book a room (rack rate), tickets and paid dining . You get free transfers, Disney pays Mears wholesale rate and some free FP
It’s possible…though I think they will be loathe to start the “free” as a perk stuff unless it becomes necessary…it’s a slippery slope and I’ll remind paid fastpass Is 100% pure profit. Like no product before.
I think it’s more likely they do a more “free” intro period under the covid onslaught and then ease it out. Kills more than one bird. But it’s not likely they do that - still

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You are understanding the psychology very well…

for going on five years…we’ve seen thread upon thread asking/crying for more EMHs…and nobody can understand why?

because they set it up where people became trained to buy after hours…and it would cut into that.

the thing that always still surprising me is not using the “obvious answer” approach to Disney’s moves. It is often just that: K.I.S.S.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I disagree. In fact I think resort guests would be more inclined to pay for more after any free ones they were offered. And a high price. Especially in the 3 of 4 parks that have tiered rides for the headliners. I do not think 3 free is reasonable any longer. But 1 or 2 is. Disney is better off giving guests the option to spend their money instead of forcing them. I'll spend money on line skips after a couple of walk ons.

And non resort guests would have to pay. They can make a ton of money monetizing FP and still offering some free. And the lines problems should not be a big enough concern either because that will always exist to some extent. Disneu does not need to charge for every FP to make a profit from it. Nor do they have to as an objective to solve the issue with long lines.
This should be your mission statement…

…and I wish you good luck convincing Wall Street it makes any sense 👍🏻

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It’s 30 Minutes, dude….

it’s enough time for the 98% of daily visitors who are not distance runners to make it halfway across the park footprint and get to perhaps one thing before the backfill behind them is in…

and slinky is still gonna be 75 when you get there…and people will silently think about their “options” for the next 10 hours…slow burn.

I only have my opinions on this. I’ll watch and see what happens. It’s rather fascinating to watch.

Last edited:

Waters Back Side

This should be your mission statement…

…and I wish you good luck convincing Wall Street it makes any sense 👍🏻

Wall Street was around during free FP and will be around long after this new system. Disney can charge for line skips and will. They do not uave to charge for every one of them not does it make sense for them to. If wall Street is convinced, some free will result in more spending and that outweighs crippling the guests that come during the busy weeks then the only thing left would be to prove it.

Waters Back Side

It’s 30 Minutes, dude….

it’s enough time for the 98% of daily visitors who are not distance runners to make it halfway across the park footprint and get to perhaps on thing before the backfill behind them is in…

and slinky is still gonna be 75 when you get there…and people will silently think about their “options” for the next 10 hours…slow burn.

I only have my opinions on this. I’ll watch and see what happens. It’s rather fascinating to watch.
I agree with you here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wall Street was around during free FP and will be around long after this new system. Disney can charge for line skips and will. They do not uave to charge for every one of them not does it make sense for them to. If wall Street is convinced, some free will result in more spending and that outweighs crippling the guests that come during the busy weeks then the only thing left would be to prove it.
Disney didn’t operate their parks based on quarterly returns until fairly recently…so there’s that wrinkle too 👍🏻

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom