News Disney Genie digital assistant app coming to Walt Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Dumb question : what embargo?
A typical media rollout strategy is to tell several outlets about something and tell them if they ever want to get invited to hear about your things again, they won’t release the information you provided until a specific time you set. That way no outlet has an advantage in releasing the information, and every outlet can take the time to get their facts straight instead of trying to be first.

That strategy is called an embargo.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A typical media rollout strategy is to tell several outlets about something and tell them if they ever want to get invited to hear about your things again, they won’t release the information you provided until a specific time you set. That way no outlet has an advantage in releasing the information, and every outlet can take the time to get their facts straight instead of trying to be first.

Correct…but it’s mostly so the story can be written and sent out at near the exact moment…which is now necessary in an instantaneous, social media world

M:SpilotISTC12

Seems like overkill to announce the end to the shrimp casserole at Ohana.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How much do they want to bury this? It’s not 5pm on a Friday, but…
I think they want the street to think they’re being “open” with it and it’s yet another Disney sure thing (as I have less than zero doubt they have promised them for days/weeks/months/years)…while not really giving customers time to digest during the business day…knowing it won’t be met well by a large share of them.

so a board such as this will have the most discussion this evening…”ground zero”…as it were

DisneyDodo

Do we know that they will be announcing everything in one shot? For example, if the Genie app is still in development, could they announce Lightning Lane and Standby Pass today and then Genie at a later time?

lentesta

Premium Member
Do we know that they will be announcing everything in one shot? For example, if the Genie app is still in development, could they announce Lightning Lane and Standby Pass today and then Genie at a later time?

I expect we'll see more screencaps of Genie (the app), and Genie+ (the FP replacement) details, possibly with pricing. (I'm told that some media got ballpark price estimates and others did not.) I don't think we'll hear about a specific date for Genie, but maybe Genie+.

Rickcat96

It will be some "feel" good news to hopefully prevent folks from canceling trips for the next few months- like candlelight processional hosted by all the local schools that do not have a mask requirement.

/was being sarcastic :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And here it is:
Walt Disney World Introduces Genie©
The Walt Disney Resort is proud to announce the arrival of Genie©. In genre, it can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychadelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to its apps success than the production is the lyrics and themes. It computes with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
And here it is:
The Walt Disney Resort is proud to announce the arrival of Genie©. In genre, it can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychadelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to its apps success than the production is the lyrics and themes. It computes with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.
I know that’s fake because it should be a ®, not a ©

arich35

I expect we'll see more screencaps of Genie (the app), and Genie+ (the FP replacement) details, possibly with pricing. (I'm told that some media got ballpark price estimates and others did not.) I don't think we'll hear about a specific date for Genie, but maybe Genie+.
Would be kind of disappointing not to get at least a ballpark date or pricing.

mightynine

And here it is:
Once again the company refuses to acknowledge its founder. Everyone knows Walt preferred his psychadelic grunge VERY kempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom