Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JIMMYEDDIE

In my opinion its all about MONEY.

Disney doesn't care about the guest experience, they will tweak the system such that they can get the most people to purchase it.

My hope a side effect of the changes they they may improve the guest experience, but we must realize, the guest experience is NOT the priority for Disney.

The priority for Disney is MONEY when it comes to their them parks.
Agree. But high guest satisfaction = more
Money.

Dranth

Let's see what resort bookings are. This is not helping and u think it's actually hurting.
I think it is a worse system to get more/better short lines vs. G+. My point is that more/better selections are not as important as other factors for many guests.

On the booking front, I expect it will help because paying for an overpriced room with more benefits is better than paying for the same overpriced room with less benefits. I don't think it will move the needle much, but it will help a little.

JIMMYEDDIE

It's not that I loved it
I can definitely see that you loved this system and I'm sorry it changed on you.

That said, the way you describe it, it basically sounds like Universal's Express Pass, except for $30. There's just no way.

I think if you have a lot of factors in your favor, it probably worked pretty well for some people. Those being:

- Traveling solo or in a small group

- Visiting the parks during off seasons and off hours

- Able to wait around for drops or refresh, on the chance something comes up

- Almost total flexibility in what you ride next, i.e., a headliner opens, you go for it

Contrast that to the experience of many families, who are:

- Traveling in large multigenerational groups

- Visit during peak travel times

- Can only visit the parks for a few hours a day

- Are on a set schedule and can't wait around with the hope that something might open up

- Have very specific rides that they promise their children based on favorite movies, favorite rides, it's Little Billy's turn to pick because his sister picked the last ride, etc.

For us Genie+ was basically worth 2 rides, 3 at most, with the third usually being a throw-away that was a 20 minute wait even during peak spring break seas

It's not that I loved it (but yes I did love it).

It's that they changed to a vastly inferior system that hurts pretty much all of their guests.

Saskdw

I want to compare this logic and reasoning to those who would say i wanna buy the dining plan even if its more expensive so i dont have to worry when i go on vacation. People would rather 3 lesser rides and a worse system than what we had…. Dammmm Disney must love these customers they have lining up
Never paid for the dining plan. Did like "Free Dining" though, When it was the full dining plan not the QS chicken finger plan.

ConfettiCupcake

It's not that I loved it

It's that they changed to a vastly inferior system that hurts pretty much all of their guests.

So you think it makes more sense that they would have blindly changed to a system that is to the detriment of “pretty much all their guests”, rather than this new system being more beneficial for a segment of guests they are most concerned about spending more/being happier?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not one person has said anything that proves the new system is better than what they should have done.

The answer of "sacrificing common sense for a false sense of comfort" is flat out ridiculous
Nobody ever asked which system is “better”

Starting with Disney. I think that’s why you’re getting all twisted in knots.

The goal is not…really never was…to get most people on the largest amount of rides.

It started closer to that end of the spectrum…now they’d laugh privately at the suggestion

Purduevian

yes, its terrible
Can you provide your day of experience? We haven't had many reports, but what day did you use it and what attractions did you end up with?
to try and sell hotel rooms but it will 100% backfire because it actually PENALIZES resort guests who dont rope drop, which is 90% of resort guests.......

you will see...this wont last 3 months
Are we allowed to make financial bets on this forum? If so, I would like to bet you a $50 donation to the Second Harvest Food Bank of central Florida (https://www.feedhopenow.org/site/SPageServer/) that the following will be in place on 10/31/2024 regarding LLMP.
  1. Pre-booking will still be 7 days for resort guests and 3 days for offsite guests
  2. 3 prebooks allowed with tiers remaining in all but AK (rides in the tiers might change, but there will still be tiers)

ConfettiCupcake

Can you provide your day of experience? We haven't had many reports, but what day did you use it and what attractions did you end up with?

Are we allowed to make financial bets on this forum? If so, I would like to bet you a $50 donation to the Second Harvest Food Bank of central Florida (https://www.feedhopenow.org/site/SPageServer/) that the following will be in place on 10/31/2024 regarding LLMP.
  1. Pre-booking will still be 7 days for resort guests and 3 days for offsite guests
  2. 3 prebooks allowed with tiers remaining in all but AK (rides in the tiers might change, but there will still be tiers)

The biggest change I think we will see in the foreseeable future is the addition of the missing meet and greets. And maybe fireworks/parade viewing options like FP+ had if they’re really freaking out about capacity and availability over there.

In my own personal Fantasyland, they get rid of single pass and put everything under one system.

DisneyHead123

It's not that I loved it

If it truly hurts almost all of their guests, it will no doubt change back quickly. Disney execs can be bean counters, but they're not masochists. If it costs pretty much the same, that's a no-brainer - it will default to what guests prefer.

I think you're assuming that your experience is representative of all guests though. For families with children in particular, the ability to plan ahead can be quite important.

Don't get me wrong, there are benefits to spontaneity as well, but Genie+ didn't really offer those benefits to our group. If someone was headed for a Stage 5 meltdown unless they could ride Barnstormer right now, it was pretty much never available at that moment. If someone had been steeling up their courage all day and decided they could ride Big Thunder right now, (but the moment would pass in like, 10 minutes,) it was pretty much never available.

On the other hand, preplanning would at least guarantee that we can plan around meals (many parents plan around naps, although the children in my family never sleep,) combine rope drop with a LL pick without risking that the ride we need won't be available later, and so on.

Disstevefan1

In my own personal Fantasyland, they get rid of single pass and put everything under one system.
Here’s mine:
For free the app will tell you the shortest standby times at that moment.
Bring back FastPass+ with its same rules, Flat fee $10
Open ALL standby lines.
Offer LL single pass for a wider selection of attractions, limited the number of passes per day, flat fee $10 each
No virtual queues.

TheMaxRebo

Here’s mine:
Open ALL standby lines.
Offer LL single pass for a wider selection of attractions, limited the number of passes per day, flat fee $10 each
No virtual queues.

Mine is get rid of LLMP and expand LLSP a bit - maybe 10-12 rides across all 4 parks

Omnimover and other high capacity rides really don't need a LL. Let those lines just continuously move

And then people can pick and choice what LLSP are worth it to them to skip the longer, slower moving lines

ConfettiCupcake

Here’s mine:
Open ALL standby lines.
No virtual queues.

That puts the Fantasy in Fantasyland 🤣. I like yours way better, can we blackmail someone at Disney to find a way to make it happen? They won’t even let you on a 10 year old rollercoaster one time for $10 today.

Purduevian

Noonish check on 7/31 (first day people were able to book 7 days in advance!)

RideNormal return timeBest return time within the 5 refreshes
Big ThunderSold out
Buzz4:35pm
HM8:25pm
Jungle CruiseSold out
Pooh8:35pm
Pirates
5:20pm
1:55pm
SM6:20pm5:30pm
TianaSold out
FrozenSold out
MS8:30pm
RemySold out
MMRR3:45pm
MFSR2:45pm
RnRC7:00pm4:30pm
SDDSold out
TSMMSold out2:40pm
ToTSold out8:15pm
EE1:40pm
Kali4:50pm
Navi4:55pm
3pm check for 7/31
RideNormal return timeBest return time within the 5 refreshes
Big ThunderSold out4:50pm
Buzz6:00pm3:20pm
HMSold out3:35pm
Jungle CruiseSold out
PoohSold out
Pirates
8:20pm
3:30pm
SMSold out
TianaSold out
FrozenSold out
MSSold out
RemySold out
MMRR6:30pm
MFSR5:35pm
RnRCSold out4:45pm
SDDSold out
TSMMSold out
ToTSold out
KaliSold out
NaviSold out5:20pm

MK: Good options on refresh.
EPCOT: Hope you already got Frozen/Remy/MS (MS and 1 other should have been one of your prebooks)
DHS: Not bad considering ToT and TSMM could have been prebooked. Only SDD didn't appear
AK: Surprised Navi popped up, but everything but these 2 are readily available, so book these 2 first

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Mine is get rid of LLMP and expand LLSP a bit - maybe 10-12 rides across all 4 parks

Omnimover and other high capacity rides really don't need a LL. Let those lines just continuously move

And then people can pick and choice what LLSP are worth it to them to skip the longer, slower moving lines
Just so I have this right…you want more pay as you go only rides that you need a $150 gateway ticket that allows you to buy them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom