Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JIMMYEDDIE

You only used G+ 25x? When did you use this new system? Did you refresh and modify to see what become available?

Give you one thing that’s better? I’ll give you a few:
- prebooking
- easier to plan your park day/route
- know times for 3 attractions ahead of time instead of zig zagging all over the parks
- being able to book another as soon as you use 1

Now with all that being said, there are pros and cons to all the systems they have tried and the end result is nothing will be perfect because there isn’t enough attractions and many do their park days differently

I do wish they had just allowed resort guests to book 1 LL and ILL in advance for each of their park days and left the rest as it was but oh well
1) Prebooking from a limited selection is NOT better than pre booking with Genie+ and unlimited selection = Not debatable

2) Limited inventory pushes my first selection to 5pm when i tour my first park from 11am-4pm, eliminating any spontaneity and messing up my dining and park hopping plans

3) Getting the top rides in the park vs getting Tier2 selections that were walk ons with Genie+ (5pm in MK, POC, ISW, HM, BUZZ and SPACE were Genie+ walk on selections and never ran out of availably

4) Genie+ allowed you to book after you used also

JIMMYEDDIE

I'm curious, why do you think they changed to this system? If Genie worked for most guests, and was great, why did they make this change? Honestly as someone who knows people in Guest Relations at the parks, I've got a pretty good guess, but I'm curious your thoughts.
they could have accomplished the same goals with resort guests pre booking the first only, eliminating the 7am, giving clear advantage to resort guests, while preserving inventory, yielding better rides results during day while [reserving spontaneity, while not penalizing non rope droppers while not penalizing day guests as bad as they did

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The Walt Disney company is desperate for revenue

Not Orlando…not a certain park…the whole outfit.

Why do people think their stock falls as practically every other one on earth rises? There’s a huge problem in entertainment.

That’s what all this is…financial panic being handled $1 at a time
Wait wait wait. DIS stock is up because of Deadpool. Everything is fine!

LSLS

they could have accomplished the same goals with resort guests pre booking the first only, eliminating the 7am, giving clear advantage to resort guests, while preserving inventory, yielding better rides results during day while [reserving spontaneity, while not penalizing non rope droppers while not penalizing day guests as bad as they did
That's not answering my question. They could have done other stuff. Why didn't they? Why did they change to the 3 prebooked with tiers? Why did they not leave Genie alone, or just add pre-booking to the same system?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
1) Prebooking from a limited selection is NOT better than pre booking with Genie+ and unlimited selection = Not debatable

2) Limited inventory pushes my first selection to 5pm when i tour my first park from 11am-4pm, eliminating any spontaneity and messing up my dining and park hopping plans

3) Getting the top rides in the park vs getting Tier2 selections that were walk ons with Genie+ (5pm in MK, POC, ISW, HM, BUZZ and SPACE were Genie+ walk on selections and never ran out of availably

4) Genie+ allowed you to book after you used also
Limited selection is mainly because there aren’t enough attractions to select from first and foremost. The longer you stay, the more availability there is as well.

The modify refresh button is your friend. Just like with G+. Although it sounds like more of a friend in G+ because everyone can hold onto 3 attractions throughout the day now. Not sure why they did it that way honestly.

Have you actually used the new system or just going by what you are hearing and knowing how you typically visit the parks?

JIMMYEDDIE

That's not answering my question. They could have done other stuff. Why didn't they? Why did they change to the 3 prebooked with tiers? Why did they not leave Genie alone, or just add pre-booking to the same system?
to try and sell hotel rooms but it will 100% backfire because it actually PENALIZES resort guests who dont rope drop, which is 90% of resort guests.......

you will see...this wont last 3 months

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dude....as long as you know/knew to book at 7am (and now would be pre book ur first ride only eliminating 7am) and then book 2 hours later (from the pool, from the golf course, from ur bed, from the park, from ANYWHERE) then Gennie+ was 1,000x better

thats not too hard to get
Just buy a dvc contract and plan in advance…enjoy parks the way they are now meant to be…problem solved 😎

JIMMYEDDIE

i just dont understand how Disney constantly gets it wrong and angers a good deal of its guests..........

Universal has np complaints, has had the same system inn place since if first existed and everyone believes its vastly suprior

but disney changes their every 3 years on average and angers guests, impact sales, have reduced GAST numbers and this one of the worst of them all, continuing their constant missteps

DisneyHead123

all you had to know was to book at 7am and then every 2 hours and you would BLOW AWAY what this system yields.....thats not too hard to educate guests on
I can definitely see that you loved this system and I'm sorry it changed on you.

That said, the way you describe it, it basically sounds like Universal's Express Pass, except for $30. There's just no way.

I think if you have a lot of factors in your favor, it probably worked pretty well for some people. Those being:

- Traveling solo or in a small group

- Visiting the parks during off seasons and off hours

- Able to wait around for drops or refresh, on the chance something comes up

- Almost total flexibility in what you ride next, i.e., a headliner opens, you go for it

Contrast that to the experience of many families, who are:

- Traveling in large multigenerational groups

- Visit during peak travel times

- Can only visit the parks for a few hours a day

- Are on a set schedule and can't wait around with the hope that something might open up

- Have very specific rides that they promise their children based on favorite movies, favorite rides, it's Little Billy's turn to pick because his sister picked the last ride, etc.

For us Genie+ was basically worth 2 rides, 3 at most, with the third usually being a throw-away that was a 20 minute wait even during peak spring break season.

LSLS

to try and sell hotel rooms but it will 100% backfire because it actually PENALIZES resort guests who dont rope drop, which is 90% of resort guests.......

you will see...this wont last 3 months

I'll bet you that's not close to the only reason. They had SO MANY complaints every day about Genie. You can say all you want about how you could get this or that, but the reality is most didn't have 25+ times of experience using it. There were more than a few people who didn't get more than one thing really worth it out of Genie (worth it meaning like sure, I could get Nemo seating or Dino, but who cares, it's like a 5 minute wait anyways). Go ahead and bash away at people for not doing research or not using it correctly, the reality is most people didn't use it to maximize everything, and they let the kids working guest services know all about it. A LOT. They made the 3 pass system specifically to ensure people A.) Knew the minimum they were getting and B.) made sure they got three they would at least want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom