Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree, it is worse. It is the worst system they have ever had for the way I like to vacation, but it is what they are offering currently. All of us can either make the best of it and use it, go and don't use it, or not go at all. Personally, I will go and try it and if it is great, wonderful, if not I will be politely letting them know how much worse it is and I hope everyone else who feels the same does as well. That is how things change.

As for changes, I doubt they will make too many outward changes by November as I am sure they want a good chunk of data to pore over before doing anything on that front. I do think we will see them play with overall capacity, when it is released, how much is reserved for day of, etc. Mainly backend updates.
Buying it is approval for the next move.

The consumer culture - particularly in Orlando - became self destructive quite a while ago

Disstevefan1

The net result doesn’t differ much
ThankYouIger.jpg

TheMaxRebo

as an example of use of LLMP, have a friend who was in the parks today - she has an AP so booked 3 days out. Started at MK then hopped to DHS then back to MK. In total was in the parks from 9:30am to 4pm ... left with a couple of LL booked and also didn't rope drop, so can still "sleep in a bit" and make it work

in total she did 11 attractions, 7 of which were utilizing LLMP, and included a lunch at the Hollywood Brown Derby and rode Tiana's with a BG. She said she "didn't go hard" as far as refreshing/phone use

I think that is pretty good use of the system and there is still 4 more hours of park time she didn't use and didn't rope drop

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
as an example of use of LLMP, have a friend who was in the parks today - she has an AP so booked 3 days out. Started at MK then hopped to DHS then back to MK. In total was in the parks from 9:30am to 4pm ... left with a couple of LL booked and also didn't rope drop, so can still "sleep in a bit" and make it work

in total she did 11 attractions, 7 of which were utilizing LLMP, and included a lunch at the Hollywood Brown Derby and rode Tiana's with a BG. She said she "didn't go hard" as far as refreshing/phone use

I think that is pretty good use of the system and there is still 4 more hours of park time she didn't use and didn't rope drop
How much?💲💲

Splash4eva

All depends on what rides she was able to get… this is really not telling the entire story at all actually not even telling any part of the story

Jrb1979

The system is also working due to low crowds right now. At 630 pm at MK the highest wait is Jungle Cruise at 50 minutes.

TheMaxRebo

All depends on what rides she was able to get… this is really not telling the entire story at all actually not even telling any part of the story

She did:
- omnibus
- HM
- Country bears
- Peoplemover
- buzz
- watched the friends parade
- BTMR
- WDWRR
* lunch at Brown Derby
- walt disney presents
- tsmm
- mmrr
- TBA
- pirates
- magic carpets

Left mk at 6pm - 4 hours before park closes. Only thing she didn't get that she was hoping to do was Slinky

Splash4eva

She did:
- omnibus
- HM
- Country bears
- Peoplemover
- buzz
- BTMR
- WDWRR
* lunch at Brown Derby
- walt disney presents
- tsmm
- mmrr
- TBA
- pirates
- magic carpets

Left mk at 6pm - 4 hours before park closes. Only thing she didn't get that she was hoping to do was Slinky
Im talking about the rides she was able to “book”. Based on what you said she booked 7 & waited for 4…. Curious which 4 those were

James Alucobond

She did:
- omnibus
- HM
- Country bears
- Peoplemover
- buzz
- BTMR
- WDWRR
* lunch at Brown Derby
- walt disney presents
- tsmm
- mmrr
- TBA
- pirates
- magic carpets

It feels like maybe 4-5 of those total represent notable time savings from Multipass, assuming it was used to book them. Haunted Mansion, Runaway Railway, and Pirates for sure, maybe Midway Mania, Big Thunder, or Buzz depending on crowds. Bayou Adventure is still VQ, and the remainder are things I would never book under any circumstances unless there were literally no other options. Many are even shows or services that just run at set intervals.

Splash4eva

It feels like maybe 4-5 of those total represent notable time savings from Multipass, assuming it was used to book them. Haunted Mansion, Runaway Railway, and Pirates for sure, maybe Midway Mania, Big Thunder, or Buzz depending on crowds. Bayou Adventure is still VQ, and the remainder are things I would never book under any circumstances unless there were literally no other options. Many are even shows or services that just run at set intervals.
She booked 7 and waited for 4 of them. Im curious what the 4 were because im in agreement with yoi

TheMaxRebo

Yeah, and 4-5 sounds about right ... More than the 2-3 Disney guided people to as expectations for G+. For staying off property and not trying hard and leaving with 4 hours left in the day, 4-5 good uses seems like what an average person can expect and would be happy with

As for time savings I see she mentioned Pirates when she scanned in was posted at 25mins, MMRR was 40mins, TSM was 50mins, BTMRR was 50mins Buzz was 30mins

She didn't mention any others, but even just those 5 is over 3 hours if savings

James Alucobond

... More than the 2-3 Disney guided people to as expectations for G+. For staying off property and not trying hard and leaving with 4 hours left in the day, 4-5 good uses seems like what an average person can expect and would be happy with
Again, not a fan of any of these services, but there was no way you were only getting 3 out of Genie+ on a normal day, particularly if you were resigning yourself to getting attractions of a quality commensurate with the lower tiers of Multipass. I would personally not be happy with the value if this were my outcome.

Tha Realest

Noonish check on 7/31 (first day people were able to book 7 days in advance!)

RideNormal return timeBest return time within the 5 refreshes
Big ThunderSold out
Buzz4:35pm
HM8:25pm
Jungle CruiseSold out
Pooh8:35pm
Pirates
5:20pm
1:55pm
SM6:20pm5:30pm
TianaSold out
FrozenSold out
MS8:30pm
RemySold out
MMRR3:45pm
MFSR2:45pm
RnRC7:00pm4:30pm
SDDSold out
TSMMSold out2:40pm
ToTSold out8:15pm
EE1:40pm
Kali4:50pm
Navi4:55pm
Live look at 7-day Genie availability:

1722469734746.jpeg

ConfettiCupcake

Again, not a fan of any of these services, but there was no way you were only getting 3 out of Genie+ on a normal day, particularly if you were resigning yourself to getting attractions of a quality commensurate with the lower tiers of Multipass. I would personally not be happy with the value if this were my outcome.

To be really honest I find it hard in general to justify the cost of both Genie+ and LLMP during times of year like this when because you can’t repeat attractions and because the biggest time savers are in their own separate paid tier (LLSP), you’ve got to use your LL bookings on attractions that barely need it in order to use it ‘enough’. I think if we’re honest with ourselves most reports from Genie+ and now LLMP include uses that are doing nothing but bumping up the quantity used.

It’s a big problem I have with the system being paywalled at all but I suppose it’s been years and I should probably get over it lol.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom