Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

James Alucobond

To be really honest I find it hard in general to justify the cost of both Genie+ and LLMP during times of year like this when because you can’t repeat attractions and because the biggest time savers are in their own separate paid tier (LLSP), you’ve got to use your LL bookings on attractions that barely need it in order to use it ‘enough’. I think if we’re honest with ourselves most reports from Genie+ and now LLMP include uses that are doing nothing but bumping up the quantity used.

It’s a big problem I have with the system being paywalled at all but I suppose it’s been years and I should probably get over it lol.
Genie+ at least had niche utility even on low-traffic days if you wanted to enjoy a lazy morning and then absolutely stack your afternoon by packing together all of your selections as they became available. A decent way to both enjoy your resort and a leisurely breakfast while condensing the time necessary to hammer through everything in a park.

Basil of Baker Street

I'm going to give everyone here my super secret strategy since we're all friends. Buy whatever line skip they are selling for MK and make a full day of it. The other 3 parks...get there mid to late afternoon and ride everything standby. 1pm for Epcot if you want a Guardians VQ. Save the headliners till right before park close then hop in line.

C33Mom

to try and sell hotel rooms but it will 100% backfire because it actually PENALIZES resort guests who dont rope drop, which is 90% of resort guests.......

you will see...this wont last 3 months
I would be surprised if they scrap it in 3mo, but our family will likely be visiting WDW less until they come up with the next iteration. I didn’t love the 7AM wake for G+, but I’m still waking for the VQ and now (instead of setting an alarm for 1m before 2h after park open), I’m going to need to wake my kids and be out of the hotel around park open to have a shot at more than 2 quality LLMPs in most parks. More of a gauntlet than a vacation for me.
Mine is get rid of LLMP and expand LLSP a bit - maybe 10-12 rides across all 4 parks

Omnimover and other high capacity rides really don't need a LL. Let those lines just continuously move

And then people can pick and choice what LLSP are worth it to them to skip the longer, slower moving lines
Love this idea. Especially if you could book the LLSPs more than once a day (the way you can in TDR).

I do think between G+ and DAS, a lot of the “people eaters” became 20-30+ minute waits and it makes the park so much more grueling if your only options are G+/LLMP or waiting 30m plus for all attractions.

FWIW, we did the resort booking 7 days out (for 4 night stay) at 4AM today, and actually had great availability everywhere except day 7 (Epcot is truly terrible with LLMP generally), day 8 we got 2 good returns (and muppets for that early tap) before 11:30 at DHS, day 9- 3 good rides before 11AM at AK, Day 10, could have had 3 rides before noon at MK (including Tiana) except that we had Toppolino’s blocking a chunk of the AM, and day 11, another 3 good rides at DHS. Now I just have to get everybody out of the hotel room at an hour we’d rather be sleeping 3 of the 4 mornings of our trip.

Incidentally, the hardest thing to book was an end of the day LLSP for Tron on day 7, I worked backwards from day 11 and by the time I got there all the returns after about 7:45 were gone.

Last edited:

Purduevian

Alright... lets see if I can armchair a day from home with no prebooking. It's 8:30am right now, let's pretend I was a resort guest that just learned about LLMP because I'm at MK for early entry.

I'll give myself 5 refreshes every time and will assume I won't book a new ride until at least15 mins after my return time (or when my work allows me to look at my phone).

8:30am (prebooks I was able to get in 5 refreshes) 9:10am Pooh, 10:45am Pirates 3pm Tiana.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I would be surprised if they scrap it in 3mo, but our family will likely be visiting WDW less until they come up with the next iteration. I didn’t love the 7AM wake for G+, but I’m still waking for the VQ and now (instead of setting an alarm for 1m before 2h after park open), I’m going to need to wake my kids and be out of the hotel around park open to have a shot at more than 2 quality LLMPs in most parks. More of a gauntlet than a vacation for me.
Are we sure this is actually the case? If the bulk of the tier 1 reservations are booked in advance then the availability at 9:01 AM would be limited. As the day goes on more capacity is dropped. So for example if you are at DHS and RnRC is sold out from advance reservations but then has a drop at 10AM wouldn’t you have the same shot at getting one from the drop if you arrived just before 10AM and used your first as if you arrived at rope drop? The “day of“ drops are what drives availability and that’s not much different than Genie+. Obviously getting there at rope drop and taking advantage of the lower standby is always an option but if we are talking about getting better reservations day of I’m not sure it’s going to be a huge advantage.

Purduevian

Alright... lets see if I can armchair a day from home with no prebooking. It's 8:30am right now, let's pretend I was a resort guest that just learned about LLMP because I'm at MK for early entry.

I'll give myself 5 refreshes every time and will assume I won't book a new ride until at least15 mins after my return time (or when my work allows me to look at my phone).

8:30am (prebooks I was able to get in 5 refreshes) 9:10am Pooh, 10:45am Pirates 3pm Tiana.
Alright 9:25am time to "use" the Pooh Bear and rebook:

Currently "Booked" (5 refreshes allowed):
  • 11:00am Big Thunder
  • 10:45am Pirates modified to 12:00pm HM
  • 3:00pm Tiana
LL "used" with standby time at the time it was "used:
  • Pooh (9:25am) 25 minutes

Purduevian

What do you mean by 5 refreshes allowed?
At the tap in time, I look at the tip board to see what's available. I then pull it down to "refresh" the tip board which sometimes generates new times on some attractions. I'm allowing myself to pull down and "refresh" the tip board 5 times and "claiming" the best times I see on those 5 refreshes.

I figured this is a decent representation of how some people will use the tip board because:
  • Some people (including me if I were in the park) will refresh 20, 30, 50, 100 times if they don't see what they want and are hunting for something
  • Sometimes when you see a time, you click to claim it and you don't get the time shown. So, if I can "see" a time in 5 refreshes, I assume I would be able to "claim" something similar in 20, 30, 50, 100 refreshes
It's all just a self-made game because I'm very interested in the new system and was curious what would be possible without constantly checking my phone to see what's available. Right now, I won't look for anything until 11:15 (15 mins after the BTMRR LL would have started), at which time I give myself the 5 "refreshes:" to see what I could book and if I would modify anything I currently have.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
At the tap in time, I look at the tip board to see what's available. I then pull it down to "refresh" the tip board which sometimes generates new times on some attractions. I'm allowing myself to pull down and "refresh" the tip board 5 times and "claiming" the best times I see on those 5 refreshes.

I figured this is a decent representation of how some people will use the tip board because:
  • Some people (including me if I were in the park) will refresh 20, 30, 50, 100 times if they don't see what they want and are hunting for something
  • Sometimes when you see a time, you click to claim it and you don't get the time shown. So, if I can "see" a time in 5 refreshes, I assume I would be able to "claim" something similar in 20, 30, 50, 100 refreshes
It's all just a self-made game because I'm very interested in the new system and was curious what would be possible without constantly checking my phone to see what's available. Right now, I won't look for anything until 11:15 (15 mins after the BTMRR LL would have started), at which time I give myself the 5 "refreshes:" to see what I could book and if I would modify anything I currently have.
Ok thanks. Just wanted to be sure this wasn’t some new limitation they added where we could only try to modify something 5 times

Purduevian

Ok thanks. Just wanted to be sure this wasn’t some new limitation they added where we could only try to modify something 5 times
Nah, if actually in the parks, I would probably still be refreshing anytime I'm in a line, waiting for someone to come out of the bathroom, or waiting for someone to finish shopping. Although if I really was holding an 11:00am BTMRR, 12pm HM, and a 3pm Tiana's at 10am I probably would just wait because I think the odds of improving those much are quite low even with a constant refresh.

LSLS

Nah, if actually in the parks, I would probably still be refreshing anytime I'm in a line, waiting for someone to come out of the bathroom, or waiting for someone to finish shopping. Although if I really was holding an 11:00am BTMRR, 12pm HM, and a 3pm Tiana's at 10am I probably would just wait because I think the odds of improving those much are quite low even with a constant refresh.
Totally makes sense limiting to 5 times, but good to know it's not a limit.

Heelz2315

Alright 11:15am time to "use" Big Thunder and rebook:

• 12:00pm HM
  • 4:50pm Space Mountain
  • Big Thunder (11:15am) 40 minutes
Total posted standby time: 65 minutes

If those are the times, booking a week out you should be able to get the times/attractions you want with not much of an issue.

Jrb1979

If those are the times, booking a week out you should be able to get the times/attractions you want with not much of an issue.
Right now isn't an issue due to the low crowds at the parks. Same goes for availability during the day. Any of these systems work with low crowds.

When the parks are busy this system will be like every other one they implemented. Little availability when it's busy.

Purduevian

Alright 11:15am time to "use" Big Thunder and rebook:

• 12:00pm HM
Total posted standby time: 65 minutes
Welp, took lunch and am "using" my HM LL now and rebooking:

• 1:20pm Buzz
LL "used" with standby time at the time it was "used":
  • HM (12:35pm) 40 minutes
Total posted standby time: 105 minutes

Dranth

Yes….yes you should :)

I think maybe some of the people complaining here should actually try DLR. If you visit at off peak crowd times you really don’t need a skip the line product anyway for any but the super headliners (like Universal in FL).
G+ was Maxpass minus having to be in the park.

No WDW park has the ride capacity that DL has so it never could be restricted to the headliners so in turn never worked as well but functionality wise, the systems where pretty close.

Jrb1979

Maybe it's just me but 25-40 minutes isn't that much of a wait.

Dranth

The only issue so far is at some point you need to decide if you want to get it for the rest of your "trip" and try and prebook all those days to accurately imitate someone on site who just learned about it.

If you really want to make it fun, because this fictional family may have already had dinning plans, pick a few random days to have a couple of sit down meals at random restaurants before checking for LL selections and see how it turns out trying to work in those added restrictions on the fly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom