Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

BrianLo

We have tiers and what is effectively premium tiers with the single selections. I think that’s significantly more restrictive than the tiers FP+ had, especially because MK did not have them at all, but YMMV.

I forgot MK wasn’t, fair that’s a valid complaint.

As is the ongoing Single Lightning lane, but I don’t think that’s exactly what people were taking issue with.

They obviously still just need more things.

DCLcruiser

That's like saying quick service ice water isn't free but that it's included in the ticket. Most people are going to see something that isn't line itemized as free.

Right but one won't be able to decide to just not go into a park when it's paid in advance. There are days I've planned to be in a park but we decide to make it a resort day because the previous day ended up longer than anticipated. Disney's not going to refund if we decide to not go. I could wait until the same day to purchase like we do now but then each day be left at mercy of availability.
But it’s the truth? You can now save money by not buying Genie+. You never had the ability to delete FP+ and pay less.

Mr. Sullivan

Oddly it seems like the higher prices go the more people buy into this, same way with tickets, the higher prices go the more people come.
Honestly I think it’s because Genie+ is still viewed as an affordable option, or at least underpriced for its perceived benefit by the uninitiated. Disney’s response to the volume of people using it is limiting the booking capability per attraction.

If they would adopt Universal’s model of a higher price without a return time but rather you just get into the fast line this would be perfect. Price it in such a way that it’s only going to be a segment of the park guests using it. If you must, keep the top of the line attractions (Tier 1 under this system) on return times to manage flow but make all tier one an open all the time fast lane line.

Charge a premium but actually make it a premium offering.

ConfettiCupcake

I forgot MK wasn’t, fair that’s a valid complaint.

As is the ongoing Single Lightning lane, but I don’t think that’s exactly what people were taking issue with.

They obviously still just need more things.

To your last sentence 100%. It feels very boiling frog how used to paying for a mediocre product we’ve all gotten, no matter what tweaks they make to it.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Where’s my refillable drink mug?! They don’t have that at the Ritz either, but they can smell my Coke Zero Sugar breath for free.
1719346782012.png

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The fact that this is now an even worse version of Paid FP+ grinds my gears. I wouldn't hate paying so much IF there were re-rides. Often there is top level attractions left on G+, especially at MK but you're locked out after one ride. There should be an option that after a certain time anything left is fair game for all G+ users regardless if they've ridden it or not. If Pirates has LL capacity at 8PM and I used a LL at 9AM for it, why shouldn't I be able to get it?

I honestly think the way they have this is going to cause even MORE complaints about them not allowing re-rides because if you read it , it makes you think that after your first three you can pick "any" remaining selection and doesn't say anything about not being able to re-select.

DisneyNittany

…the Louisiana howitzer

Don’t mock…you haven’t lived until you watched frank pollard and Walter ambercrombie rush for a combined 46 yard a game on 62 Carries 😎
No, but I did sit through the 6-4 Iowa v. Penn State game, where Iowa took two safeties, since they were more afraid of our defense scoring on them than our offense...

Dranth

Since we can select another LL after the first usage and not 4th, the tiering complaint is more moot than how everyone is acting.

Unless people actually thought they’d allow pre-selection of 3 untiered attractions? I don’t think anyone thought that was going to ever be where they landed.

Reframe it into the product you all wanted (1 pre select) with two bonus attractions you may or may not bother with. Cancel them if your really want day of.
Except for the group that relied on the 2 hour wait to add a second because they couldn't be at the park early enough to ride the first and have anything left. That of course assumes the 2 hour wait is no longer a thing.

For most everyone else it should work reasonably well. Pick one or two things you legit want when you want them and then one or two super early so you can immediately start booking more.

That does make me wonder though, what about missing a window? If you book a ride for park opening and miss the hour window to ride are you just out of luck? Do you have to wait until it is time for ride 2 and then you can book two? Do they have a cool down timer that kicks in and once it passes you can book again?

It will be interesting to see how they handle that.

willf

As someone who almost never books a trip more than a few days in advance (occasionally I’ve even booked a flight for the same day), I am sad. 7am day-of was perfect for me, and led me to buy an AP for the first time in nearly a decade and take several trips a year. I was on an even footing with everyone else. This will drastically hurt that, to the point that I’m wishing they’d announced this before I renewed in April.

I know I’m an outlier and it’s hard to blame them for not focusing on a use case like mine, but it’s still disappointing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom