Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Disney Glimpses

The way I see this playing out is that it's a huge resort guest perk and more than meets the eye. First off, you could actually get 5 LL selections in advance (counting your two individual selections). So, once resort guests get through with making their selections 4-7 days before their visit, it's safe to say that the very, very popular attractions are going to be the ones with thin or no inventory (Tiana, Slinky, Rat, Space, etc.).

At that point what day ticket guest or AP is going to buy the service if they can't even gain access to a single headliner or E-ticket attraction? I don't think very many quite honestly. The result should be very healthy inventory for resort guests' 4th, 5th, 6th selection (Pirates, Peter Pan, etc).

Remember, you have to make your attraction selection before purchasing -- most APs and day ticket guests will balk at the remaining availability.

Resort guests should be able to basically ride anything they want, without a long wait, every single day, if they're willing to pay.
This is of course unless they do a specific inventory drop at 3 days (which I doubt).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The tiering is brutal, harder to swallow than in the past now that it is no longer included with ticket. Combined with the individual attractions even more so.

I’ll have a hard time calling this an improvement unless it proves to function well on the go day of. You cannot get good value out of the initial selections alone in my opinion.
Tiering was always them admitting they couldn’t handle their own crowds…since day 1

People just used to not bother to understand that

ToTBellHop

The way I see this playing out is that it's a huge resort guest perk and more than meets the eye. First off, you could actually get 5 LL selections in advance (counting your two individual selections). So, once resort guests get through with making their selections 4-7 days before their visit, it's safe to say that the very, very popular attractions are going to be the ones with thin or no inventory (Tiana, Slinky, Rat, Space, etc.).

At that point what day ticket guest or AP is going to buy the service if they can't even gain access to a single headliner or E-ticket attraction? I don't think very many quite honestly. The result should be very healthy inventory for resort guests' 4th, 5th, 6th selection (Pirates, Peter Pan, etc).

Remember, you have to make your attraction selection before purchasing -- most APs and day ticket guests will balk at the remaining availability.

Resort guests should be able to basically ride anything they want, without a long wait, every single day, if they're willing to pay.
Here’s me, staying at All-Star Sports, watching the losers schlep it over from the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes for the day so they can ride the Buzz, Speedway, and PhilharMagic they reserved:
1719345928873.jpeg

BrianLo

Since we can select another LL after the first usage and not 4th, the tiering complaint is more moot than how everyone is acting.

Unless people actually thought they’d allow pre-selection of 3 untiered attractions? I don’t think anyone thought that was going to ever be where they landed.

Reframe it into the product you all wanted (1 pre select) with two bonus attractions you may or may not bother with. Cancel them if your really want day of.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Since we can select another LL after the first usage and not 4th, the tiering complaint is more moot than how everyone is acting.

Unless people actually thought they’d allow pre-selection of 3 untiered attractions? I don’t think anyone thought that was going to ever be where they landed.

Reframe it into the product you all wanted (1 pre select) with two bonus attractions you may or may not bother with. Cancel them if your really want day of.
They don’t have the numbers

The headliners are still gonna be locked up 7 days out

Enjoy hitting refresh looking for ratatouille or Navi

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
You always paid for it. FP was not free, it was just included. Now, as with Genie+, if you want to save money, you can stand in the steerage standby line.

That's like saying quick service ice water isn't free but that it's included in the ticket. Most people are going to see something that isn't line itemized as free.
You can modify them. It’ll work just like FP+ except that because it’s paid there will be far fewer people using it.

I know not everyone will like the changes though.

Right but one won't be able to decide to just not go into a park when it's paid in advance. There are days I've planned to be in a park but we decide to make it a resort day because the previous day ended up longer than anticipated. Disney's not going to refund if we decide to not go. I could wait until the same day to purchase like we do now but then each day be left at mercy of availability.

ConfettiCupcake

We have tiers and what is effectively premium tiers with the single selections. I think that’s significantly more restrictive than the tiers FP+ had, especially because MK did not have them at all, but YMMV.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom